• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

While we are on the topic of documents, did you guys bother getting your copies certified, even when you had the originals?
Just came out of my interview, no need to get ur documents certified but do make sure you have been sent a checklist and have all your documents in the order they put on the checklist, I had to separate all three lots do documentation at the interview window where there is no space and it was quite an ordeal, actual interview only took 3 minutes:)

Just came out of my interview, no need to get ur documents certified but do make sure you have been sent a checklist and have all your documents in the order they put on the checklist, I had to separate all three lots do documentation at the interview window where there is no space and it was quite an ordeal, actual interview only took 3 minutes:)

So all good? What do you mean by being sent a checklist? I never recieved this.

AND...... ?????

I'm assuming it's good news? :)

So all good? What do you mean by being sent a checklist? I never recieved this.
I hadn't been sent one either, it's just a checklist if the order they want the documents in first is photo then passport, education, birth certificate, marriage cert, police checks from all countries lived in and in the order you've lived in them, my brain is buzzing so I can't remember too well I know medical was last, I had all of ours placed one after the other which I had to separate at the window with no space allocated to do so, very nerve wracking, all in all the actual interview only took 3 mins for all of us and we were interviews all together as a family which was nice and calmed the nerves a lot, now time for a drink :))))

I hadn't been sent one either, it's just a checklist if the order they want the documents in first is photo then passport, education, birth certificate, marriage cert, police checks from all countries lived in and in the order you've lived in them, my brain is buzzing so I can't remember too well I know medical was last, I had all of ours placed one after the other which I had to separate at the window with no space allocated to do so, very nerve wracking, all in all the actual interview only took 3 mins for all of us and we were interviews all together as a family which was nice and calmed the nerves a lot, now time for a drink :))))

Ok cool too easy. Well congratulations thats awesome news, I hope I find myself in a simlar situation next week.

Reactions: CC1
Yay CC1!!!

I am on a training course today and especially logged in to hear your news. I'll update our spreadsheet when I get home tonight.

Wonderful news! Thanks for the tip regarding document order etc.

Does anyone know if 2NLs for December have started to be issued yet? KCC told me this week but, you know...

Haven't seen anyone saying they received one yet but people who have called KCC have reported being told various December interview dates, so you could always try that!

Haven't seen anyone saying they received one yet but people who have called KCC have reported being told various December interview dates, so you could always try that!
I already did and no dice. :( I have to keep reminding myself that I WILL actually be getting an interview at some point because sometimes it feels like it's not going to happen at all!

Congrats, that is awesome news!......Welcome to America! :) :)

Hey Toni, what is the Auckland consulate interview area layout like? Is it similar to the Sydney one where pretty much everyone waiting is watching you and can hear the questions being asked and all that?

I already did and no dice. :( I have to keep reminding myself that I WILL actually be getting an interview at some point because sometimes it feels like it's not going to happen at all!

Yeah looks like it's unusually late. I think I'll give myself another week before I start losing it

Hey Toni, what is the Auckland consulate interview area layout like? Is it similar to the Sydney one where pretty much everyone waiting is watching you and can hear the questions being asked and all that?

Yeap, it sure is. I heard some interesting conversations during my hour long wait! :)

CC1, is it possible (once you've come back down from Cloud 9) for you to post the checklist here. It would helpful for the rest of us - particularly those of us who have more than one person applying (i.e. families) and/or where there is alot of documentation (OC_EMS).

Edited to add: Doh, I just realised you meant they have a checklist themselves! I am not bright today.

Oh, and I updated the spreadsheet. 2nd US Bound Class of OC2015-er!

Ozimattskey, you're next up!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, I had my interview in Sydney today and happy to report that my visa was approved! I'll be heading over to the States around March 2015.

Some tips for the interview (you may already know this but I guess any info helps):

1. Just like at the airport, you'll need to take your shoes off when going through security. Wear ones that are easy to slip off.

2. It's $363AUD. I took $330 cash but that is the US amount (well done me!). I had to go back downstairs to get extra cash. Also, they don't accept eftpos, only credit cards.

2. Have your US address AND phone number written on a piece of paper (you can't take your phone up with you).

3. Don't forget a self addressed 3kg express post envelope.

The whole process was pretty simple and the staff were all really friendly. As long as you have everything with you, it's pretty straightforward.

Good luck everyone, looking forward to hearing how you all go.