• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

F-Lan, I deleted a post because it contained a word that is considered offensive in most countries including the USA. I doubt you meant any harm by it, but it is a label/word that is best avoided - whatever the color of your skin.

I hope you understand.

F-Lan, I deleted a post because it contained a word that is considered offensive in most countries including the USA. I doubt you meant any harm by it, but it is a label/word that is best avoided - whatever the color of your skin.

I hope you understand.
understood. we normally poke fun with that around here and i believe my ghanaian friends knew what i meant but like you rightly said its an offensive/unacceptable word. well noted @Britsimon.

I think @F-Lan is the coolest dude in here.. so quick to admit his fault. I like you bro, keep it up
lol my cell phone actually prompted me it was an offensive word since i enabled that function but still went ahead to post it. very strange of me. ehehe anyway you guys should wait for me oooh.

lol my cell phone actually prompted me it was an offensive word since i enabled that function but still went ahead to post it. very strange of me. ehehe anyway you guys should wait for me oooh.

Yes F-Lan I am glad you were cool about being "told off" :p

That is cool your phone recognized the word and tried to stop you using it. You may here the word in American too, often by African Americans within their music and groups of friends. However, I personally believe that it is better to remove the word from our vocabulary, so that in the future it won't be used as a hate word against anyone.