Wife preparing her N-400

BritishGuy

Registered Users (C)
My wife is getting prepared to file her N-400. She will be applying for her US Citizenship based upon marriage to myself (US Citizen). I understand that she will be using the 3 year rule (and we intend to file 90 days early).

The N-400 form seems to have '5 years' scattered throughout the form (eg, 5 years residence history, 5 years work history etc). Does she still have to provide 5 years worth of history even though she is applying via the 3 year rule?

She's not been in the country for 5 years, hence any information past 3 years will all be foreign, and am wondering if it actually needs to be supplied, and shall we just give 3 years information and that's all.

All replies welcome and Thanks to all in advance.

For the N-400 they're not interested in her travel, work, or locations of residence before she became a permanent resident, even if those details may be within the past 5 years.

So if she's been a permanent resident for more than 3 years but less than 5 years, provide only the information going back to when she became a permanent resident.

My wife is getting prepared to file her N-400. She will be applying for her US Citizenship based upon marriage to myself (US Citizen). I understand that she will be using the 3 year rule (and we intend to file 90 days early).
Note that the 90 days early filing rule applies only to the continuous residency requirement. All the other relevant requirements must be satisfied at the time N-400 is filed. In particular, for a marriage-based N-400 application, your wife should have been married to you for at least 3 full years and you should have been a U.S. citizen for at least 3 full years on the date that she files her N-400.

Thanks for the info there Baikal3. We have been married for more than 3 years (easily - and sometimes feels it LOL). I've been a US Citizen for more than 3 years and she will have had her Green Card for 3 years (-90 days) when she files. In reality she'll submit on 3 years (-80/70 days) just so that there's a 10/20 day fudge factor should anyone REALLY look that closely. But thanks for the heads up.