Wife is issued visa but I am in AP status

dasarp

I am and Indian citizen who has frequently tavelled and worked in US previously. Currently I am in Canada and applied for a Tourist Visa for both me and spouse from Toronto. The VO had asked us only a couple of questions and didnt seek any documentation. She said we are approved and will recieve the passports in 3 days. My wife has received the same as informed but mine shows 'Administrative Processing' status with the last update as on the day of our interview! Can you please advise what to expect here? I have had a clean history in the US and was thinking this will be a breeze but now I am not sure how long i am to wait. Also how do I get my passport back incase I need it in an emergency?

Your background is most likely being checked with various federal agencies. This can last anywhere from a few days to a few months. If you need your passport back, you should be able to request the US consulate to hand it back to you.

I am and Indian citizen who has frequently tavelled and worked in US previously. Currently I am in Canada and applied for a Tourist Visa for both me and spouse from Toronto. The VO had asked us only a couple of questions and didnt seek any documentation. She said we are approved and will recieve the passports in 3 days. My wife has received the same as informed but mine shows 'Administrative Processing' status with the last update as on the day of our interview! Can you please advise what to expect here? I have had a clean history in the US and was thinking this will be a breeze but now I am not sure how long i am to wait. Also how do I get my passport back incase I need it in an emergency?