• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

@Citizen K said, that indeed is not really a problem. It does not matter wether the payment is made now before your departure or after your arrival in the US. You really can't monitor anything for now because the GC processing will not begin until AFTER you activate your LPR status by arriving in the US.
pls clearly I need education in that aspect..what is LPR ..?pls tell me more. .

pls clearly I need education in that aspect..what is LPR ..?pls tell me more. .

LPR = Lawful Permanent Resident
That's the term for referring to a GC holder. When you make your first trip to the US and hand over the package you were given at the embassy to the IO at your POE, you will get processed and be formally admitted into the US as a LPR. That means from that point forward you're a LPR, a GC holder, regardless of the fact that you've not yet been issued with the plastic GC.

you guys shud educate me..i thought winning the dv comes with a green card

When DV results are announced in May, nobody has won the DV or GC to start with, it only means you've been selected for further processing for the possibility of being issued with a visa which will allow you to enter the U.S. and live there permanently, since obviously not everyone selected will be issued with a visa.

If you're successful and get issued with a visa at the end of your interview then you will need to pay an additional $165, that is the fee required for processing the plastic/actual GC itself after you get to the U.S.

LPR = Lawful Permanent Resident
That's the term for referring to a GC holder. When you make your first trip to the US and hand over the package you were given at the embassy to the IO at your POE, you will get processed and be formally admitted into the US as a LPR. That means from that point forward you're a LPR, a GC holder, regardless of the fact that you've not yet been issued with the plastic GC.
thank u for the education. .then what the heck am I even waiting for ...??
am going to make travel arrangements ASAP. .

When DV results are announced in May, nobody has won the DV or GC to start with, it only means you've been selected for further processing for the possibility of being issued with a visa which will allow you to enter the U.S. and live there permanently, since obviously not everyone selected will be issued with a visa.

If you're successful and get issued with a visa at the end of your interview then you will need to pay an additional $165, that is the fee required for processing the plastic/actual GC itself after you get to the U.S.
thanx mom

And actually, please people, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. They actually explain this, that winning only gives you the chance for an immigrant visa. The CO will explain that you need to enter before the visa expires. If you don't it is worthless.

Never thought I will say this, but my host has started behaving funny :p. The initial idea was to move to Bronx NY but with the way my host is behaving I don't think that will be the case anymore. Luckily for me, ma best friend lives just around the corner in NJ. I spoke to him and he is more than happy to host me. He also went with a DV Lottery. Pls always have a backup plan, some of these hosts ain't Loyal :':)':)':)'(

Never thought I will say this, but my host has started behaving funny :p. The initial idea was to move to Bronx NY but with the way my host is behaving I don't think that will be the case anymore. Luckily for me, ma best friend lives just around the corner in NJ. I spoke to him and he is more than happy to host me. He also went with a DV Lottery. Pls always have a backup plan, some of these hosts ain't Loyal :':)':)':)'(
You and my fiancee happen to be exactly in the same situation. Her own host even tried to scam some money outta her claiming USCIS needs it for a background check. It takes some tact to tell they just don't want you and yes, a backup plan is always key!

Exactly! Backup plan is a must. My host more than happy to receive me but I am trying to prepare some cash for at least 6 month- 8month rent and extra cash to support myself. You can never tell.

The whole charade started when he brought up a silly idea which I rejected outright. When I won the lottery in May, my big brother in UK contacted him because they were friends. He agreed to be my host and said he didn't have any problem. So I even started communicating with him regularly until he cooked up a rather silly idea somewhere around early June. He wanted to hook me up with a lady for an arranged marriage and he claims the so called lady will foot every single penny during the process. Well one doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to reject that does he? I told him in a smart way that I had already submitted my DS260 and going back to unlock and add a partner wld raise eyebrows. So fact of the matter is I didn't agree. Since then he started behaving funny. Not replying my messages and stopped picking my brother's calls.. Funny:eek: how some of our own ppl are always looking for an opportunity to take advantage of us. Pls be wise

The whole charade started when he brought up a silly idea which I rejected outright. When I won the lottery in May, my big brother in UK contacted him because they were friends. He agreed to be my host and said he didn't have any problem. So I even started communicating with him regularly until he cooked up a rather silly idea somewhere around early June. He wanted to hook me up with a lady for an arranged marriage and he claims the so called lady will foot every single penny during the process. Well one doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to reject that does he? I told him in a smart way that I had already submitted my DS260 and going back to unlock and add a partner wld raise eyebrows. So fact of the matter is I didn't agree. Since then he started behaving funny. Not replying my messages and stopped picking my brother's calls.. Funny:eek: how some of our own ppl are always looking for an opportunity to take advantage of us. Pls be wise
That was a smart move and a smart answer to his request.you did well. just prepare adequately before you leave town.

In his case, the guy did not mince words! Wow! Good you keep informed. Someone naïve would have gone for that and landed in BS. And hey, after that experience, even if he wants you to, you should not even have been thinking twice about living with him. Such a guy is capable of everything!

he was trying to make money out from you...ppl pay way up to 15k for this type of fake marriages just for green card...in this case i think he would charge the woman some fat amount of money without your knowledge to get himself rich....hahahaha his face......lol

he was trying to make money out from you...ppl pay way up to 15k for this type of fake marriages just for green card...in this case i think he would charge the woman some fat amount of money without your knowledge to get himself rich....hahahaha his face......lol

Exactly so, he was just trying to use me make some bucks. But I wasn't that dumb

eiiii this ppl...hmmmm one have to b very smart oooo..
it won't stop there. .even if u get to the states ppl will approach u in order to convince u to do such things ..the smart way is not to let ppl know u are a green card holder. .

that's what they have been doing. ..there are so many of such ppl in the states without any papers. .they are very desperate. .looking to pay any amount to achieve this. .my advice is to avoid all such friends and hosts that wants u to do such evil deeds..which may land u into deep trouble. .

Indeed, however tempting the cash may be... Remember a green card marriage is immigration fraud... When they find out you will get your green card revoked and face a lifetime ban from the US... Not worth it.