About working without work permit after I-130( by US Citizen) and I 485 have been filed.

Can an immediate relative meaning spouse of US Citizen can work immediately after 130 and 1485 have

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kinddeepen

Can an immediate relative meaning spouse of US Citizen can work immediately after 130 and 1485 have been filed, without the work permit? Would it have adverse effect if the immigration finds the applicant working in his/her social security number which he/she already has because of being international student going to college but not authorized for work. Please give me kind responses. Thank You.

No, they are not authorized to work (i.e. they will be "working illegally"), not until they get their EAD (which is free to apply for at the time they apply for AOS; the EAD takes 3 months to get). But as an immediate relative (unlike other categories), unauthorized work does not make you ineligible for AOS. So I don't think there are any adverse effects. Note that on the G-325A they will need to list their current and previous employment. So they will be admitting that they are still working illegally while filing for AOS. That is kinda awkward.

Thank You for kind reply. I have been waiting for interview for I-130 petition my wife applied. They received my documents on April 8, 2014, both 485 and 130. I had not applied for 765 thinking it would not take much time. It has been 6 months I have not got anything yet. So I am kinda desperate so I was wondering if I should apply for work permit now or just start to work and wait to get the interview date which is supposed to be on the way I hope. .. .Thank You for your suggestion in advance

You can apply at any time and it's still free. There's no downside. It would have been optimal to apply for it at the beginning, but as they say, better late than never. :) Hopefully you will get the green card soon, but who knows. The EAD is just in case it takes much longer.

Thank you all for really awesome reply. But do I still need to fill the fee waiver form( as advised by local USCIS officer during info pass appointment) along with I 765 to
do it for free or how to do it for free.? Please let me know

No, you never need any fee waiver. I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance Parole are free for I-485 applicants.
http://www.uscis.gov/i-485
Please note that, if you file Form I-485 to adjust your status as a permanent resident on or after July 30, 2007, no additional fee is required to also file an application for employment authorization on Form I-765 and/or advance parole on Form I-131.

It has been more than 6 months(since April 2014) I filed I130( my wife being US citizen) and I485( me being F-1 Student) together. I received RSE for I485 on May and so I resubmit the missing documents on June 1st to DHS POX 648004,Lee's Summit, MO 64002 address that was stated in RSE along with I765. They updated my I485 notification and it says I am scheduled for an interview and I would receive letter for interview date( which has not happened yet) .but they never respond me about my I765. When i made an inquiry they are saying they never received i765. How come they receive other documents and not the I765 which was together. This is giving me enough frustration right now. That is my true situation for all the questions I asked before. Any suggestion please!! Do I apply for work permit again? I am getting hard time because I am not being able to work nor received any confirmed notification for an interview. I am from Dallas TX. Which filing am I supposed to get response faster for an interview I485 or I 130. Advice needed for my problems. Thank You

Here is my recent update. I got the letter on November 6 for the interview date for my I485 on December 08. But I had applied I765 little earlier and Now Today I received the 797 for 765 and gave me the date December 5 for biometrics. What shall I do in this situation where I already received an interview Date. Please let me know. Thank You

Here is what new problem came up. I have to move the apartment in two days. So I need to change the address. So do I wait until my interview for I485/ I130 on December 08 to change the address or Do i change it now. Please comment

I just got my I485 approved at yesterday's Interview. Since I had to move to new address I gave the officer the new address who interviewed me. He changed the new address for me. I also did online address change in USCIS. gov. And also I change in USPS.com. I am supposed to receive the WELCOME notice for Permanent Resident. Will I get that notice to my new address? OR does the post office forward my documents if they send me in the old address? Please let me know what shall I do to make sure I will not lose any documents.