• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

For Tonis and those about to go into interviews, how did you take your documents in. We've got a stack to take in and I'm curious to know the best way to organise everything.

There isn't alot of guidance on the DVSelectee website for Sydney.

Hi Everyone, I took my paperwork in three days before the interview, as directed. I could have posted them in but found it easier to deliver as we were going in for our medical that day, and the consulate is just down the road. I took my paperwork in a manila folder with orginals in one pile (held together with a small bulldog clip) and copies in another. I put them in what I thought was a logical sequence, Congratulations letter, DS-260 confirmation, University Entrance certificate (as this is very important), Birth Cert, Marriage Cert, Police Cert. Mine went in front and hubbys behind, as I was the DV winner. BTW, the CO said he wished everyone has presented their applications as good as I had. :)

Hmmmmm, I have a sh*$ load of docs. Over 70 pages worth due to work contracts etc. I was going to get a clear plastic spring loaded folder and an index sheet but now Im not too sure they will accept the spring clamp.
Perhaps this is another area where over thinking is creeping in. I guess we all want to make the best possible impression and as we know 1st impressions are sooo very important.

Simon, do you have any thoughts on this topic?

Hi everyone! I seemed to have caused some stress amongst our dear administrators I am sorry!! Of course we appreciate their given time and yes there will be some repetition and a little patience is required. It was a super simple question so I though I'd just post (won't do that again haha). I have been spending all my time reading up on the work experience requirements and required documentation as we have had our own business for over 12 years and my husband has a limited UAI (with some university study) and not an hsc. Also my husbands chest X-ray at the visa medical showed granulomas on his lungs (we had no idea). So he has had a lung biopsy etc etc and we are waiting on results (hopefully available before our interview nov 25). So it's been super stressful in this household!
So sorry to hear that, hopefully the results will be promising and the x-Ray has de escalated something that could have gone unnoticed if your hubby hadn't had it done, will be sending good thoughts his way, hope it all goes ahead for you and you sail through your interviews:))))

Hi Everyone, I took my paperwork in three days before the interview, as directed. I could have posted them in but found it easier to deliver as we were going in for our medical that day, and the consulate is just down the road. I took my paperwork in a manila folder with orginals in one pile (held together with a small bulldog clip) and copies in another. I put them in what I thought was a logical sequence, Congratulations letter, DS-260 confirmation, University Entrance certificate (as this is very important), Birth Cert, Marriage Cert, Police Cert. Mine went in front and hubbys behind, as I was the DV winner. BTW, the CO said he wished everyone has presented their applications as good as I had. :)

Just wondering why the Univeristy entrance cert is so important? Aren't you required to just show that you've completed year 12? I'm simply bringing along with me my higher school certificate which I'm hoping will be enough.

Just wondering why the Univeristy entrance cert is so important? Aren't you required to just show that you've completed year 12? I'm simply bringing along with me my higher school certificate which I'm hoping will be enough.

University Entrance was my proof of completeing Year 12.

Should be fine then. NZQA should be able to provide you with a University Entrance cert though since you've completed year 12. I believe that's what Toni did?

I'm taking my form 7 (year 12) completion certificate along with originals and copies of my degrees. I'm tossing up whether or not to bother with the University Entrance certificate from NZQA. Sure it proves that university entrance was gained but it is prudy obvious with the degree certificates.

I'm taking my form 7 (year 12) completion certificate along with originals and copies of my degrees. I'm tossing up whether or not to bother with the University Entrance certificate from NZQA. Sure it proves that university entrance was gained but it is prudy obvious with the degree certificates.

After reading BritSimon's blog on education requirements, I will be getting the University Entrance certificate after all. Better to be safe.

http://britsimonsays.com/?p=102

Hmmmmm, I have a sh*$ load of docs. Over 70 pages worth due to work contracts etc. I was going to get a clear plastic spring loaded folder and an index sheet but now Im not too sure they will accept the spring clamp.
Perhaps this is another area where over thinking is creeping in. I guess we all want to make the best possible impression and as we know 1st impressions are sooo very important.

Simon, do you have any thoughts on this topic?

Yes - we had all of our paperwork organised into one of those large plastic concertina filing folders, with an index of all the documents at the front. There are a few documents you know they will want - so those were ready to go in one or two groups at the front - and the rest were various supporting documents - most of which were unused in the actual interview. Mine was adjustment of status - but CP would be similar.

The must have docs will be:-
1NL and 2NL letters
Principal selectee birth certs
Principal selectee Education docs (or work experience file)
Marriage docs
Birth certs for derivatives
Passports for all
Police certs as needed
Medical for all.

Then you have the supporting documents:-
Financial papers
Divorce papers
Spouse education
and so on.

I also had various rules/memos about how the process should be run in case of "issues".

Yes - we had all of our paperwork organised into one of those large plastic concertina filing folders, with an index of all the documents at the front. There are a few documents you know they will want - so those were ready to go in one or two groups at the front - and the rest were various supporting documents - most of which were unused in the actual interview. Mine was adjustment of status - but CP would be similar.

The must have docs will be:-
1NL and 2NL letters
Principal selectee birth certs
Principal selectee Education docs (or work experience file)
Marriage docs
Birth certs for derivatives
Passports for all
Police certs as needed
Medical for all.

Then you have the supporting documents:-
Financial papers
Divorce papers
Spouse education
and so on.

I also had various rules/memos about how the process should be run in case of "issues".

Thanks Simon.
Raising a pool side Margaretta to you. Perhaps Ill make it 2 or 3 or .............. :cool::confused:

Thanks Simon.
Raising a pool side Margaretta to you. Perhaps Ill make it 2 or 3 or .............. :cool::confused:

Don't be this girl....

10HGs27sE6c9i.gif

While we are on the topic of documents, did you guys bother getting your copies certified, even when you had the originals?

Hi Guys,

Just reading the preparing docs site to make sure Ive got everything sorted and read the below note. Just wondering if anyone has obtained a long form certificate? I obtained a standard NSW birth certificate which has the below info on it and just hoping this is all I need. Thanks

Important Notice: You must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted.
The certificate must contain the:
Person's date of birth; Person's place of birth; Names of both parents; and, Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

Hi Guys,

Just reading the preparing docs site to make sure Ive got everything sorted and read the below note. Just wondering if anyone has obtained a long form certificate? I obtained a standard NSW birth certificate which has the below info on it and just hoping this is all I need. Thanks

Important Notice: You must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted.
The certificate must contain the:
Person's date of birth; Person's place of birth; Names of both parents; and, Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

I have bolded the bit that is what they want. The "short form" birth cert does not include both parent names, the "long form" birth certificate does - so if your does - then you are good.

I have bolded the bit that is what they want. The "short form" birth cert does not include both parent names, the "long form" birth certificate does - so if your does - then you are good.

Awesome Simon mine contains name of both parents, cheers for your quick response. I recieved my medical results from the doc today and Im all clear, this time next week I should know my fate.