American citizenship validity for PIO card holder

Mihir0011

Me and My wife both are indian citizen and went to US for office assignment based on H1/L1 visa. Our son was born there and obtained PIO card in 2009. This card has an expiry of 15 years i.e. 2024 at the time of issue.
We returned to India once my visa was over. My son was 5 year old that time.
My questions are as follows.
1. With new announcement from government for common PIO and OCI card, do I need to apply for any new card or existing card will work going forward?
2. Currently we have no means or plan to go to US. Hence my son will remain in India and continue with his study. Will his american citizenship remain valid forever if he continue to renew his american passport and does not give up american citizenship legally or there is certain time period. and if he remain in India on PIO card beyond that period, then his citizenship get "auto cancelled"?

1. According to the announcement, you can keep your PIO for now, and it is now also valid indefinitely, not for 15 years. I am not sure what they will require regarding this; maybe a stamp from the FRRO indicating the new validity period. Just have to wait and see.
2. He will never lose his US citizenship unless he renounces it himself.