GC Retrogression

salilsurendran

Hello,
My priority date is August 31st, 2009 and till lately the current date for EB2 was May, 2009 and it has retrogressed back to Feb, 2005. This is the second retrogression that is happening since I filed for my GC. I was wondering as to when will the dates come back to August, 2009 and how many times is it expected to retrogress. Why does it retrogress? Is it because INS gives priority to some other category of GC applications?

As far as I know EB3s usually get upgraded to EB2s while keeping their priority dates intact. Making Eb2 queue longer.

There's always a guarantee since the number of applicants with past priority dates are finite. Theoretically it can take much longer than anticipated, in practice it will become current around the original date.

"Theoretically it can take much longer than anticipated, in practice it will become current around the original date." <- Not sure what you mean by original date? So if my priority date is Aug 31st, 2009 what date can I expect practically to become current? Right now it is said that there will be no movement till in Indian EB2 till June 2015