(i-90) Request for additional evidence

Akos

Hi.

I just received an interesting letter from the USCIS office in Kansas asking for additional evidence for my green card renewal. It says:
Please provide the requested evidence for the following items.
USCIS records indicate your first name is FRANCISCO and your last name is CRUZ PAZ. On your I-90 application your first name is A___ and your last name is D___. You must submit documentary evidence of your legal name. Documentary evidence may include your birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate or court order reflecting a legal name change. Legal name change documents submitted as evidence of a name change must have been registered with the proper civil authority.

I have two questions about this letter.
1. Do they expect me to mail my original birth certificate to Kansas? Will they accept a photocopy?
2. Why would USCIS records indicate that I have a Hispanic name different from my Hungarian name? Did someone steal my identity?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

The A number on the letter from USCIS matches the A number on my card. Also, they didn't say anything to me in person when I went to have my fingerprints and picture taken in Cleveland. They just put an extention sticker on the back of my card and told me a new card will be mailed out .