• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

back to county home dv lottery winner 2014 need your help please

chokh

hey everybody .. i'm a 2014 dv lottery winner .. i get my visa issued on august the 7th 2014 and i come to usa September the 10th so i have been 20 days in usa .. i didn't get the green card yet ..
so i have to come back to my country home for a week because a urgent family case .. so what i heve to do ?? it's prohibited to go out from usa before i get the green carf or not ??
any suggestions or help please !!!

hey everybody .. i'm a 2014 dv lottery winner .. i get my visa issued on august the 7th 2014 and i come to usa September the 10th so i have been 20 days in usa .. i didn't get the green card yet ..
so i have to come back to my country home for a week because a urgent family case .. so what i heve to do ?? it's prohibited to go out from usa before i get the green carf or not ??
any suggestions or help please !!!

You are not prohibited at all - go ahead and take your trip. When you return your temporary I551 stamp in your passport will serve as your visa to show your LPR status - it is good for use up to 1 year.

thank you britsimon for you answer .. so i don't to fill out a request or something like that .. buy the ticket and go ahead ?!

thank you britsimon for you answer .. so i don't to fill out a request or something like that .. buy the ticket and go ahead ?!

Yep, you just buy your ticket and leave. Since you're only going to be gone for a very short period of time, you shouldn't have any problem getting back into the US. Just show your passport.

Just my opinion. He might be refused entry back if he didn't get his GC before leaving and to my understanding, the diversity visa is an entry visa valid for 6months from the date of issue. And if one fails to get the GC b4 going on a journey or getting an endorsement to leave the US, it might become a big problem reentring the country.

I agree you're entitled to your opinion, however if you're going to respond to other people's questions or posts, then you need to ensure your opinions are accurate, verifiable and backed by facts, otherwise you really should keep such opinions to yourself because they're highly misleading.

It is not true that if he leaves for more than six months without receiving the plastic GC he could be denied entry. Absolutely wrong! Yes the initial visa is valid for six months and must be used to enter the U.S. before it expires. However once a person enters the U.S. for the first time, the visa gets endorsed at the POE and automatically becomes the GC which can be used for ONE YEAR in place of the plastic GC if one desires.

Just my opinion. He might be refused entry back if he didn't get his GC before leaving and to my understanding, the diversity visa is an entry visa valid for 6months from the date of issue. And if one fails to get the GC b4 going on a journey or getting an endorsement to leave the US, it might become a big problem reentring the country.

Immigration doesn't work on opinion. There are facts. Please make yourself aware of the facts before posting. A major fact for example - you clearly have never seen an immigrant visa - is that once stamped for entry the visa becomes a temporary green card (temporary I551) for one year from date of that stamp. This fact is pre-printed on the visa. So there is absolutely no problem leaving immediately because that is all the proof/endorsement you need to re-enter.

I do not have the experience yet. But I will advice to have the GC in hand b4 making any travel plans. My 50cent

Well then, since you don't have 'the experience yet' stop advising and keep your '50cent' opinion for your personal use.

I do not have the experience yet. But I will advice to have the GC in hand b4 making any travel plans. My 50cent
I would imagine that if someone feels more comfortable having GC in hand at the time of entry, he/she can just arrange for it to be mailed after it arrives at the US address provided for GC purposes.

I would imagine that if someone feels more comfortable having GC in hand at the time of entry, he/she can just arrange for it to be mailed after it arrives at the US address provided for GC purposes.

Indeed. But there is a differen being more comfortable (which i think most people will be) and being told you have to have it. This bad advice could cause problems for many people if believed, particularly those (many) who need to enter to activate their green cards before their visas expire, but still have stuff to wrap up at home before they can make the move permanent.

Hi,
Having a temporary GC (temporary I551) stamped on the passport at the time of entry, can I use it for multiple entries to the US?

Regards,

Hi,
Having a temporary GC (temporary I551) stamped on the passport at the time of entry, can I use it for multiple entries to the US?

Regards,

Once you enter the first time and the stamp gets endorsed, you can use it to re-enter the US as many times as you like, it will be valid for one year.