Greencard application for mom, my cover sheet, please check if ok...

Ladyoflovers

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody! I opted to file green card for my mother on my own and I hope I am doing it correctly. This is my cover letter:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
131 South Dearborn 3rd Fl.

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Subject: Concurrent filing of I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) and I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Petitioner (U.S. Citizen): xxx

Beneficiary (Alien Relative): xxx (mother of the petitioner)

Dear Sir/ Madam:

Enclosed please find concurrent filing of forms: I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) for my mother, I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) and supporting documents.

Contents include:

1- I-130 Petition For Alien Relative

· Payment of US$420 for I-130

· Signed form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

· Completed and signed form I-130

· Copy of petitioner's naturalization certificate to prove citizenship

· Copy of petitioner's U.S. passport to prove citizenship

· Petitioner's birth extract/census registration

· Certified translation of alien relative's divorce decree

2 - I-485 Application To Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

· Payment of total US$1070 (US$985 for I-485 + US$85 for biometrics)

· Signed form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

· Completed and signed form I-485

· Alien relative's birth extract/census registration

· Copy of alien relative's passport page with nonimmigrant visa

· Two identical color photographs of the alien relative

· Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record

· Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet of the alien relative

· Form I-864, Affidavit of Support signed by the sponsor/petitioner

Ø Copies of W-2 form of the sponsor/petitioner for 2013, 2012 and 2011

Ø Copy of Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax return, for Year 2013

Ø Federal tax return transcripts for 2012 and 2011

· Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member

Ø Copy of W-2 form of the household member for 2013

Ø Copy of Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax return, for Year 2013

· Online printout of Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Document

Copies of the documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an immigration or consular officer at a later date.

My mother (alien relative) is a 62 year old retired elementary school teacher who previously lived on her own in xxxx after getting a divorce from my father in 2005. She came to United States on April 2014 to visit us and meet our baby girl who was born on xxx. My mother instantly fell in love with our daughter and the two have had a strong bond ever since. We would like her to live with us for the rest of her life and be with us as our family gets larger. She is well educated and both myself and my husband trust her with our daughter very much.

I kindly request that you process the above petition and provide notice of receipt.

Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

xxxx

I was planning to prepare only one cover letter (above) and prepare packages with labels. Can I put each application and documents in plastic inserts for neatness? What do you recommend?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

• There should be just one G-1145 that goes on top of everything
  • Only one year's tax returns is needed for the I-864 but more doesn't hurt
  • You can also submit in the same package a I-765 to apply for an EAD, and I-131 to apply for Advance Parole. These two are free to apply for as an I-485 applicant, and there is no downside. She doesn't need to use them if she gets them, but have them for just in case.

Thank you, Newacct. She doesn't work anymore, she is retired and we want her to babysit our baby, that's why I didn't bother with EAD. But I did try to fill the advance parole but it was asking for the reason of the request and we didn't have any. My grandmother is at a nursing home but she is doing fine, that's why we wouldn't be able to get a letter or report from the doctor to submit with the application.

Thank you, Newacct. She doesn't work anymore, she is retired and we want her to babysit our baby, that's why I didn't bother with EAD. But I did try to fill the advance parole but it was asking for the reason of the request and we didn't have any. My grandmother is at a nursing home but she is doing fine, that's why we wouldn't be able to get a letter or report from the doctor to submit with the application.
Even if she doesn't work, an EAD can be used to apply for an SSN, state ID, and other things. You don't need any reasons to apply for advance parole as an AOS applicant. Anyway, the EAD/AP will not be used in most circumstances because the green card usually does not take that long to get, but just in case it takes long, it's nice to know she'll be able to work/travel in about 3 months.

hi,
I will be applying GC for my parents soon, I don't have a passport yet. Will Naturalization Certificate suffice?