• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Today I tell the world that DREAMS ARE VALID IF YOU BELIEVE

I entered DV2006 got notified messed with dependents ie not including existing dependent went thru medicals attended interview and got denied coz of incomplete application.

Determined me after losing all that cash tried the following year entered and wasn’t selected.

Dv2013 got selected again and sent in my documents to Kentucky and the Black Monday 13th May came in and the selection was cancelled coz it selected only those who applied early, an appeal was done on pro bono basis by a lawyer in US and kept praying that it would help the 22,000 selectees notified continue with the process unlucky me and the rest the judge stuck with DOS.

I gave up and feeling bitter told my wife that I had given up on my dream to relocate to US and she told me GODS TIME IS THE BEST and when u want to give up that’s the time God can do miracles well a re-Run was done for DV2013 and we were unlucky and after the encouragement from wife I took my laptop did another application for DV2014 and prayed to God for his will to be done

Luckily when the results came in was busy with my studies and one lazy Sun remembered had applied n checked the results and dint believe my eyes got selected, I remember sweating at night not believing ma eyes and did a call to my wife who was out of town and words could not come from my mouth…..she asked me severally what was wrong and after a deep breath told her we got selected again.

I am happy to say that the process went on smoothly though expensive but we managed to get the Visas and will be relocating to US this Oct and mine to forum mates is that never give up and God has good plans for everyone and never give up in trying.

Hope to meet some or most DV2014 team green in the US during Xmass holiday and thank you all the Admins and all forum mates. God will never forsake us.

Regards

Banangeh

Great story Banangeh :) Thank you for sharing it. It is especially heartening to read of a selectee who for whatever reason did not make it one year, to make it in a subsequent year. All the best of luck with your new life in America!

I entered DV2006 got notified messed with dependents ie not including existing dependent went thru medicals attended interview and got denied coz of incomplete application.

Determined me after losing all that cash tried the following year entered and wasn’t selected.

Dv2013 got selected again and sent in my documents to Kentucky and the Black Monday 13th May came in and the selection was cancelled coz it selected only those who applied early, an appeal was done on pro bono basis by a lawyer in US and kept praying that it would help the 22,000 selectees notified continue with the process unlucky me and the rest the judge stuck with DOS.

I gave up and feeling bitter told my wife that I had given up on my dream to relocate to US and she told me GODS TIME IS THE BEST and when u want to give up that’s the time God can do miracles well a re-Run was done for DV2013 and we were unlucky and after the encouragement from wife I took my laptop did another application for DV2014 and prayed to God for his will to be done

Luckily when the results came in was busy with my studies and one lazy Sun remembered had applied n checked the results and dint believe my eyes got selected, I remember sweating at night not believing ma eyes and did a call to my wife who was out of town and words could not come from my mouth…..she asked me severally what was wrong and after a deep breath told her we got selected again.

I am happy to say that the process went on smoothly though expensive but we managed to get the Visas and will be relocating to US this Oct and mine to forum mates is that never give up and God has good plans for everyone and never give up in trying.

Hope to meet some or most DV2014 team green in the US during Xmass holiday and thank you all the Admins and all forum mates. God will never forsake us.

Regards

Banangeh

All the best and do have a great life in the US!

Great story Banangeh :) Thank you for sharing it. It is especially heartening to read of a selectee who for whatever reason did not make it one year, to make it in a subsequent year. All the best of luck with your new life in America!
@SusieQQQ Am humbled and thought it wise to share my story it may encourage anyone who was on the verge of giving up for whatever reason and will forever be a living testimony that what God has blessed no man or woman can take away and Gods time will always be the best.........i thank you and other admins for assistance offered in helping us prepare to face the COs forever remain blessed;)

Hi guys. I apologise for being away for some time. It's been a very busy 2 1/2 weeks. Never imagined relocating could be a real handful. Arrived Dallas on the 18th and received SSN in the mail today. Going to take drivers licence exam on Friday now I have the SSN.
@Jonge wish you a safe trip on Thursday. Where exactly are you heading?
@tyt how are you doing? You haven't left a post in a while. I know it's a frustrating period but I want you to know that where there is life, there is hope. So never ever give up on your dreams! Looking forward to reading a post from you.
@Banangeh congratulations to you and your family. Go live your American dream.

I have a question to ask. For those in the US with family members, did your SSN arrive together with that of each family member or did the mails arrive separately? Mine arrived today without my husband's. Just wondering if that's normal especially as he's the principle applicant.

Hi guys. I apologise for being away for some time. It's been a very busy 2 1/2 weeks. Never imagined relocating could be a real handful. Arrived Dallas on the 18th and received SSN in the mail today. Going to take drivers licence exam on Friday now I have the SSN.
@tyt how are you doing? You haven't left a post in a while. I know it's a frustrating period but I want you to know that where there is life, there is hope. So never ever give up on your dreams! Looking forward to reading a post from you.
@Lerrie Thank you so much and congrats to you and family wish you the best America can offer.

@Lerrie...I will be heading to Oregon...hope settling in goes well even if it is a handful.

It's a wrap for DV 2014. Congratulations to all those who made it. To all those who didn't make past the 81K try again when the DV2016 opens up on Wednesday. You never know what the future holds. Lets keep this forum going even after relocating. Thanks to all those who helped in this long journey.

I have a question to ask. For those in the US with family members, did your SSN arrive together with that of each family member or did the mails arrive separately? Mine arrived today without my husband's. Just wondering if that's normal especially as he's the principle applicant.

Ours all arrived at the same time. (Each in its own envelope though.) Give it a day or so and if it hasn't arrived, go ask why.

Hey guys... Been a while huh... I landed in Washington Dulles on last 17th... Got my SSN last week... Now Makin myself ready to move in Baltimore... @tyt don't lose hope man... All my prayers are with you... U all take care huh.

Regards

Banangeh
What an inspiring story.Enjoy your new found home.

Congrats to all ya who have relocated and i wish you succes in your new life always remember GOD LOVES YOU AND BE BLESSED FOLKS . sorry folks for being so quite for a long tym i believe God has guided us well through thro the fiscal yr 2014 we need to thank him for our success,to my mate tyt how is your case ? i believe you wont give up cz Gods tym is the best tym as one of our mate has said and to those who were selected in dv2015 be guided by the lord God and everything will be ok i pray for massive succees in journey and always remember this journey is GODS JOURNEY keep the faith no matter your case number high or low, to my folks who did not meet the 81k threshold the gates are open for you in the next few days i believe that you wont give up .Thanks guys and keep the love in the house ,once again thanks dv 2013 and dv 2014 for all ya support always remember God loves you and be blessed house .

WELCOME DV 2015

Today's devotion

James 1;17

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

YEAH AM
Hello everyone,
Akello, tried to look for your email so that I can write to you but I can't find it anywhere. Hope you are ready to come over to this side!!
Yeah am ready hv sent you my mail ,hows lyf huko bro take care