N-400: Arrest Question Please Help

lizab213

Registered Users (C)
My husband is applying for naturalization and we've hired the same attorney that we hired for his I-485 application three years ago.

When my husband was 18 years old he was arrested for driving an ATV on water company property. The water company police charged him with 3rd degree trespass and 3rd degree mischief. He went to court with a lawyer and the charges were dropped to simple trespass which he plead guilty to ($35 fine/24 hour community service). This record was also sealed shortly after.

When we started the process for I-485, we found that all the records have been destroyed, so all we are able to have is letters stating those cases are destroyed. The part I am concerned with is that there are 2 dockets with two different arrest dates on them associated with this ONE incident. We gave both of these to our lawyer three years ago and they made no mention of any issues, we applied to remove his conditions last year without the lawyer and sent in both arrest dockets, and now that we are doing the N-400 with the lawyer, they are surprised and are acting like my husband was arrested twice and that we withheld this information. They also have one of the docket's certified copies in our folder which is leading me to believe they didn't send that in three years ago.

I've asked our attorney to share their thoughts on the matter and I'm waiting on a response, but to ease my mind, I'd like some opinions. Is having two dockets, one for original charges, and one for actual charges normal or are the court documents actually indicating that he was arrested twice.