• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

After the interview

phospho123

Hi!

My interview is going to be held on a different city (i.e. Frankfurt circa. 3 hrs by train) from the one I reside in. Do I need to get a stamped envelope so that they can send me back the passport or do I have to be there in person when the document is ready?

I'd appreciate a quick response as my interview is on the 1st of October and I am kind of freaking out.

Thanks!

Why on earth would you be "freaking out"???

I'm sure they will have some solution in place - I'm guessing mail/courier. They don't "print while you wait".

Exactly like Simon said, why are you freaking out? All you needed to do was carefully go over the information available at the Frankfurt embassy to find the information you need. It took me less than 5 minutes to dig up this information from the wesite:

Will I get my immigrant visa on the day of the interview?
Visa processing takes about 10 workdays if all required documents are presented. The visa will be returned to you by German registered mail. On the day of the visa interview you will be required to purchase postage stamps for an envelope for the return of your documents once visa processing has been completed.

http://germany.usembassy.gov/visa/iv/faq/