Became us citizen throuhg marriage 3 year rule, husband wants divorce

Liang Meng

Hello people

Became a us citizen a month ago through marriage the 3 year rule but my husband wants the divorce things didnt go smooth for the past year or so. i later found hes got another girl, we agreed in a uncontested divorce or maybe a summary divorce to dont deal with so much, i had an exboyfriend since college who i now want to move with and marry him.

my main question here if someone can answer it: will that be a problem if after the divorce i move in with him and marry him? he had a working permit that expired a few months ago and im more than willing to file for his green card because he will not disappoint me like my actual husband did.

will it be a problem that i became a us citizen with the 3 year rule and file for someone else green card?
thanks in advance

Liang

As long as your next marriage is genuine, it shouldn't matter. I'd imagine USA will scrutinize your next marriage, though.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't pass the smell test. So you say you just got your citizenship and a month later you are getting a divorce, and all this time, or at least the last year your husband had another girl, but quite conveniently didn't request a divorce until "just after" you got your citizenship and just one month after getting your citizenship via your husband you NOW want to move in and marry your old boyfriend? OK sure, sounds legit.

Oh and even more convenient, you both agreed to a an easy divorce!? Oh ya, tell me again about how legitimate this marriage was.

As Miss_Chang said, it shouldn't matter but I'm sure you will get some extra scrutiny.

(Good luck with that, just hope you don't get an IO who would treat the green card application with suspicion and go back through and reinvestigate your marriage "claim" - although I'm not sure if it could be overturned at this point - but I'm no lawyer, but if I was the IO, based on the little bit you told me, that would be the tact I would take)

Last edited: