• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2016 Applicant

Was reading if there were any changes and I saw this which i struggled with answering last year as well

Highest level of education you have achieved, as of today: (1) Primary school only, (2) Some high
school, no diploma, (3) High school diploma, (4) Vocational school, (5) Some university courses,
(6) University degree

Now, last year i had only Alevels and i think i selected (3). Is this correct? I just wikied and it seems i may be wrong, in that high school diploma stands for GCSE

What exactly is a vocational school?

Im now an undergrad studying in uni, would it be ok to apply using (5) this year?

Yes, answer 5.

Don't they want you to select your most recent education level, since that's what it says "Highest level of education you have achieved as of today". I'm at university as well, but the highest I have achieved is high school since I have not graduated yet. So for me, that's the highest level of education I have achieved.

I remember being unsure what to select when I submitted for the DV lottery last year. I just went with High School degree/diploma.

Don't they want you to select your most recent education level, since that's what it says "Highest level of education you have achieved as of today". I'm at university as well, but the highest I have achieved is high school since I have not graduated yet. So for me, that's the highest level of education I have achieved.

I remember being unsure what to select when I submitted for the DV lottery last year. I just went with High School degree/diploma.

I don't think it really makes a difference to be honest. If you are currently at university then some university courses is the correct one assuming you have at least completed one module successfully... But either way it's immaterial as long as you meet the minimum.

The travel.state.gov site has added a new link from this year (2016 DV) which is preview of the sample
icon_pdf_small.png
(PDF - 720 KB) eDV entry page. I was reading through it - quite informative, so sharing to all.......

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/eDV_Sample.pdf

Hello everyone!
I have a question regarding DV-2016:

My mother is planning to apply for DV-2016, she has 2 children:
1. Me; 23 years old.
2. My brother; 19 years old, and a US citizen.

So can she answer the number of children question with (zero)?

Thanks all! :)

Hello everyone!
I have a question regarding DV-2016:

My mother is planning to apply for DV-2016, she has 2 children:
1. Me; 23 years old.
2. My brother; 19 years old, and a US citizen.

So can she answer the number of children question with (zero)?

Thanks all! :)

Yes that is correct, although there is no harm in listed one or both of them also.

A question for smom, Britsimon or SusieQQQ.
My daughter was born in London. At that time, I was living in UK as asylum seeker. Same with my wife. When my daughter was 1 year old, we left UK and came back home.
My question is:
Can we still apply, even though my daughter was born in a country that's ineligible for DV. Both me and my wife were born in a country that's eligible for DV.
Thanks in advance.

My daughter was born in London. At that time, I was living in UK as asylum seeker. Same with my wife. When my daughter was 1 year old, we left UK and came back home.
My question is:
Can we still apply, even though my daughter was born in a country that's ineligible for DV. Both me and my wife were born in a country that's eligible for DV.
Thanks in advance.

Yes you can still apply. Your daughters place of birth has no bearing on your eligibility, and as a derivative of a selectee she would be "charged" to your country of birth.

My question is:
Thanks in advance.

Yep, like Simon said, your daughter's place of birth has no bearing on your application. Go ahead and apply.

help please. i recieved this noticed. can you please explain what is this " your address was changed relating to the I90, APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance. '

Greeting to the forum, I wish to apply for DV 2016 but I wish to know or ask a question. My daughter who is 19yrs has a baby of 1yr but not married to the baby's father. can I add my grandson to E-DV entry or should we wait and if I'm selected she can then add her son in her visa application. Tks, wait on ur answers

Greeting to the forum, I wish to apply for DV 2016 but I wish to know or ask a question. My daughter who is 19yrs has a baby of 1yr but not married to the baby's father. can I add my grandson to E-DV entry or should we wait and if I'm selected she can then add her son in her visa application. Tks, wait on ur answers

I don't believe either of you can add the grandson to the DV application, however if you win (and assuming your daughter doesn't age out before you get the visa, which is possible if she is 19 now depending on when her birthday is) once she has entered and become an LPR, she can then sponsor her son. But first things first, see if you win...

Yes it's supposed to be a passport photo, you can get it from a photo booth, you can get it taken by a professional photographer, you can have your spouse take it using a phone camera or an iPad, you can use your own personal camera. Whatever you like. Just make sure at the end of the day, the end results conforms with the stated specification and background requirements.

@Sm1smom in DV2015 - do we have to upload photos anywhere ? I don't recall uploading any on the DS-260.

@Sm1smom in DV2015 - do we have to upload photos anywhere ? I don't recall uploading any on the DS-260.

DV 2015 selectees are not required to submit passport photos with their electronic DS-260 form. Of course this is not the same as filling out the eDV application. All eDV applications require current passport photos.

Hi all, i also have education fill in problem, i was in university but not for 4 year (Bachelor), i only take 3 year and got diploma degree.
what should i check in level of education, because there is no diploma degree in the option. please kinly advise.
DV 2016 education:
1.Primary school only
2.High school ,no degree
3.High school ,degree
4.Vocational School
5.Some university course
6.university degree
7.some graduate level course
8.Master degree

Hi all, i also have education fill in problem, i was in university but not for 4 year (Bachelor), i only take 3 year and got diploma degree.
what should i check in level of education, because there is no diploma degree in the option. please kinly advise.
DV 2016 education:
1.Primary school only
2.High school ,no degree
3.High school ,degree
4.Vocational School
5.Some university course
6.university degree
7.some graduate level course
8.Master degree

5.Some university course