ANAHEIM ASYLUM OFFICE APPLICANTS MORE THEN 1 YEAR

Anthony2013

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

I have been waiting for my interview at Anaheim office since July 2013. Its almost 14 months. I have already visited this office twice for the status of my application and two times they lied me. Every time they are telling me that my interview notice will be mailed to me soon, but till now nothing!

Please share your experience regarding this notice. If someone did something which helped to force their application to be interviewed please share your experience. We are in the same boat and we have to help each other. I will apply for a renewal of my EAD soon. Has anyone done it recently in LA or not? if so please write here how long did it take you to get your new EAD card?

Waiting for active posts in this thread!

I understand you. It is the same for me. I applied in March 2013, more than 1.5 year ago, but I did not even received the interview notice. I tried everything, emails, letter of inquiries, walk-ins. But this did not help. Sometime they tell me there is backlog. Some other times they ask to wait soon for the interview.

I will apply for EAD renewal soon for the first time so I cannot help you in that. But we need some people to tell us how they applied for EAD renewal and how the process goes.

I know you are in bad situation now like me,I interviewed 40 days ago and my officer told me after 14 days my decision letter will be ready,but after 14 days I came to USCIS and they told me they will send my letter by mail, I haven't got anything till now.I dont know what it means? it means my application refereed to IJ or denied??
before interview date I applied to get my work permission card,10 days after my interview I could get the card by mail but did not get anything about my decision.

sadsoul, it is unbelievable(20 months),did you follow your application during these 20 months?what did they say?
did you have good interview or no?,did you have attorney?
my attorney said maybe my application is in security check process.

Well I had my interview in the Miami office in early August this year, and so far I haven't heard anything back from them but I've been reading this is a national issue so your experiences are of great value to the ones (like me) that are starting this process. Netshare sadsoul when you wrote them to request the information: how much time took them to answer you? What did they said?
Thank you for your time guys..

Well I had my interview in the Miami office in early August this year, and so far I haven't heard anything back from them but I've been reading this is a national issue so your experiences are of great value to the ones (like me) that are starting this process. Netshare sadsoul when you wrote them to request the information: how much time took them to answer you? What did they said?
Thank you for your time guys..
myhope30,I have a question.after my interview my officer told me that my decision letter will be ready after 14 days ,but when I came to uscis office after 14 days they told me they will send the letter by mail,however after 40 days nothing and nothing.what happened to you after interview?
what is your experience,it means my application refereed to IJ or denied?
we are going crazy,we dont know what should we do.

Aryyo thanks for sharing your experience.
Regarding the particular issue of the decision notification, at the end of my interview the officer explained to me that since I was (and still am) in status he was going to send me the decision via regular mail. Actually I signed a notification where I was notified that I didn't have to return to the office to pickup the decision. So far 70 days have elapsed since my interview and more than a hundred since I filed the application.
I am no expert at all in this matter but I would say, you are just fine. You as many people around the country are being victim of the delays of the USCIS, due to an abnormal workload that has surpassed their capacity.
I am preparing myself to apply for EAD on the 151 day. So I hopefully get a decision before the 180 day.
By the way, your lawyer is right about background checks takes time. In my case they have to run a background check for me and for my wife.
let's keep this forum active..I think is good toshare our experiences

Thanks for your help,I am so glad to have you in this forum. Hopefully you will get your EAD card as soon as possible,I got this card 10 days after my interview but finding job is so difficult for us,you know this card shows you are eligible to work only for 12 months.Employers prefer to work with persons who are resident in United States.
I attended to more than 10 job interview and unfortunately I denied in all of them.to be honest with you I believe we have to get our asylum approval letter in order to find job and live in this country. Besides after getting this card I applied for SSN number and unfortunately this card shows this number is only for working 1 year in u.s.a
I became so nervous when I came to uscis office after 14 days and my letter was not ready to pickup. My officer after finishing the interview asked me to bring some documents for her. I brought all evidences exactly a day after interview.
My attorney said everything is fine and because officer asked you for these evidences she wants to prove your asylum request.
But after 40 days nothing and nothing.i am very depressed and disappointed.i think it is not fare and they should answer our questions and following up.

Aryyo I understand the frustration, but there is nothing we can do but wait. It woul be great to hear from those who have made an inquiry what response did you get.
Arryo just one question: what is your status?And how did you get the EAD?

After 150 days from our fingerprint I filled out form I765 for myself and my wife and inclosed a photo of mine and my wife with the form.after near 7 days I got a mail from uscis they asked me a copy of my driving license and /or passport.immidiately I sent them all copies.
After 20 days they sent us cards(for my wife and I)
After that I came to an job interview and the employer asked me my social security number.so I understood I had to get this number.with that card i came to social service office and applied for that.
I recommend you to apply for SSN number a day after getting you card. All processes could be followed by checking status page on www.uscis.org and I did not have any problem with the.
Preparing SSN number only took 5 days.
If you need more info don't hesitate to send me message​

Aryyo I understand the frustration, but there is nothing we can do but wait. It woul be great to hear from those who have made an inquiry what response did you get.
Arryo just one question: what is your status?And how did you get the EAD?
My status Is pend.pend and pend.two days ago I wanted to apply for emergency insurance only for my daughter, she is 6,because of her teeth,she has pain on her teeth,they said first you must get your approval letter now because your application is pend you can't apply for that.

sadsoul, it is unbelievable(20 months),did you follow your application during these 20 months?what did they say?
did you have good interview or no?,did you have attorney?
my attorney said maybe my application is in security check process.

I did like 4 times.
I always used to get that automated response with this check box checked 'Your case is pending....'.
I talked to a lawyer and he told me that all I can do is wait.
My interview went well and I was also in status when I applied.
I sent a new inquiry like 4 weeks ago but haven't got any response back yet.

I did like 4 times.
I always used to get that automated response with this check box checked 'Your case is pending....'.
I talked to a lawyer and he told me that all I can do is wait.
My interview went well and I was also in status when I applied.
I sent a new inquiry like 4 weeks ago but haven't got any response back yet.

thanks for your response sadsoul,actually I want to follow my application status and I though I can check that through internet means typing my status number (that number starts with "A")and check that online.
I believe that you sent them an email and requested your status ,was it?
today I just called my attorney and he said why do you want to know your status!!!! you already have the work permission and social security number!!!!! your officer is checking your background!!!!!!
I gave him all the cost and it was his answer!!!!

Last edited:
You cannot track your status in uscis website unless you are approved.
So, the only way to check your case status would be either mailing them or calling their hot line. They never replied to my email but they do reply mails but in ages.
How long have you been pending?
I went for the interview myself and didn't had a lawyer.
But your lawyer is being a prick and now that he got his money, he doesn't care.

You cannot track your status in uscis website unless you are approved.
So, the only way to check your case status would be either mailing them or calling their hot line. They never replied to my email but they do reply mails but in ages.
How long have you been pending?
I went for the interview myself and didn't had a lawyer.
But your lawyer is being a prick and now that he got his money, he doesn't care.
you are absolutely right.
I was interviewed 50 days ago.I am concerned about my application status because my interview went well and after finishing that my officer asked me to bring some documents for her ,besides she told me "you can come back and pick up your decision letter by 14 days",also she gave me a receipt for picking up the decision.I brought for her all evidences she asked me the day after my interview.
however after 50 days why they could not decide ,God knows.
you know how much I searched through internet in order to find what is happening to my application
some people said because your application refereed to IJ,others said your application denied,but my attorney said they are checking your security and background.
good news is 10 days before my interview I applied for work permission and after 9 days of my interview I could get the card.
I expected my attorney to follow my application but he said nothing.

Last edited:
I don't think it is referred to IJ. The way my case is pending some checks, it could be the case with you as well.
But anyway, its been less than 2 months, so relax and hope that you don't have to be in my shoe.
After how long did you got your interview date?