• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

I called boston congressman Capuano office this morning and got forwarded to his immigration liaison name Jose. After explaining my case, he told me that is why it is called lottery visa because you can win or lose, just go to the state department website and follow the instruction. You can always try next year if you are not approved. What an idiot! I hung up the phone.

I know your feeling...
That's also what I met when I contacted with my congresswoman office.
The staff said the same thing!! :mad:
Even my wife almost begged her for helping to get interview earlier
She still said it's depend on our "fate"

Next time you (or other people) were given this bullcrap as a response, tell them what if USCIS had discriminated against me based on my race or religion. Would you still be as dismissive? Would you still tell me that it was your fate or that's what lottery means and good luck next time? Your effing job is to make sure the law is followed properly, whether somebody is randomly selected or not!

And for goodness' sake it's called the Diversity Visa program; the mechanism to choose people is through random selection. Doesn't make the whole process comparable to a roll of dice.

Next time you (or other people) were given this bullcrap as a response, tell them what if USCIS had discriminated against me based on my race or religion. Would you still be as dismissive? Would you still tell me that it was your fate or that's what lottery means and good luck next time? Your effing job is to make sure the law is followed properly, whether somebody is randomly selected or not!

And for goodness' sake it's called the Diversity Visa program; the mechanism to choose people is through random selection. Doesn't make the whole process comparable to a roll of dice.
The DV is not a simple lottery. Its goal is to attract people coming from countries underrepresented in the US and also requires a minimum level of education or experience. Saying it is a lottery not based on merit is simply not true.

If JJ777 case is resolved I will give the Boston FO high marks..My best wishes to JJ777

Thank you guys. I just met with a attorney and he will follow up with FO on monday.
He said he helped to file a case in Feb, and the visa was available in April. It had no issue and got approved by them. Hope the drama and non stop nightmares will end soon. I appreciate each any of yours kind words and supports. I am very calm and open to any decision they will give. Life will still go on.

Thank you guys. I just met with a attorney and he will follow up with FO on monday.
He said he helped to file a case in Feb, and the visa was available in April. It had no issue and got approved by them. Hope the drama and non stop nightmares will end soon. I appreciate each any of yours kind words and supports. I am very calm and open to any decision they will give. Life will still go on.
Keep up this good spirit! You still have a week and a half left. Things might very well turn in your favor. Think about it this way: You waited for more than two months not knowing what was holding your case, but now you know and are doing your best to fix the issue. I would call this a progress. We are waiting to hear the good news from you so that we can close DV-2014 file and go help the future selectees with what we learnt from our own journey.

Last edited:
My green card also came in mail today. I have not received my welcome letter yet! Can anybody give me the information or refer me to a thread in this forum that explains the things I need to do as a new US resident? Also if I am supposed to find all these information in the welcome letter ignore my post!

Hi Everybody,

I just came back from visiting my family back home for two weeks. I had an extremely limited internet over there, but was thinking about everybody from the forum whose interview was pending or case still in process.
Sooooo:
My sincere congratulations to my July /August supportive friends @urbanite, @wreck_it_ralph, @Mammad on getting green-ed, so happy for you!!!
Also-congrats to @CWH’s sister (@iAmmy), and a message from me that I hope your sister knows how lucky she is to have such an amazing and supporting brother :). That thought crossed my mind so many times I read your postings, so I had to vocalize it here!
@andyaos-my heart would break every time I read your postings…So happy that you completed your interview and that your family can finally relax and move on to the next step…and your wife can focus on the baby that needs her!
@jj777-with attorney’s help, I know you can bring your case to justice! I can see that you are strong and active and taking all the right steps, so please persevere, you can do it!!!

Congrats also to everybody else that got green-ed , everybody also on CP forum and all other DV forums (btw, @Chicago2014‘s postings and late correspondence with @franko @vladek15245 are hilarious!!!) that I did not list, here, but you are in my thoughts-good luck everybody!

Again and again and again, still my deep R-E-S-P-E-C-T and gratitude to @Sm1smom, @Britsimon, also @SusieQQQ for still taking your time and energy to help members of this forum when they need help the most, with this stressful but rewarding journey!
How rewarding??? Symbolic example…Upon lending @ JFK airport, after long and exhausting trip this Sunday, for the first time I did not have to line up at the “Visitors /Visas” (huuuuuuuge) line! Instead, I was directed to go to the “US Citizens and Permanent Residents” line!!!
And, for the first time, smiling IO (instead of “Enjoy your visit”) greeted me with “Welcome Back Home!!!”
Needless to say, I cried!

To my extended international family from this forum, I think about you all, forever grateful for this experience!!! Please, everybody let us finish strong and make our teachers/moderators and each other proud!!!

Yours,
2014Euro40XXX

Hi Everybody,

I just came back from visiting my family back home for two weeks. I had an extremely limited internet over there, but was thinking about everybody from the forum whose interview was pending or case still in process.
Sooooo:
My sincere congratulations to my July /August supportive friends @urbanite, @wreck_it_ralph, @Mammad on getting green-ed, so happy for you!!!
Also-congrats to @CWH’s sister (@iAmmy), and a message from me that I hope your sister knows how lucky she is to have such an amazing and supporting brother :). That thought crossed my mind so many times I read your postings, so I had to vocalize it here!
@andyaos-my heart would break every time I read your postings…So happy that you completed your interview and that your family can finally relax and move on to the next step…and your wife can focus on the baby that needs her!
@jj777-with attorney’s help, I know you can bring your case to justice! I can see that you are strong and active and taking all the right steps, so please persevere, you can do it!!!

Congrats also to everybody else that got green-ed , everybody also on CP forum and all other DV forums (btw, @Chicago2014‘s postings and late correspondence with @franko @vladek15245 are hilarious!!!) that I did not list, here, but you are in my thoughts-good luck everybody!

Again and again and again, still my deep R-E-S-P-E-C-T and gratitude to @Sm1smom, @Britsimon, also @SusieQQQ for still taking your time and energy to help members of this forum when they need help the most, with this stressful but rewarding journey!
How rewarding??? Symbolic example…Upon lending @ JFK airport, after long and exhausting trip this Sunday, for the first time I did not have to line up at the “Visitors /Visas” (huuuuuuuge) line! Instead, I was directed to go to the “US Citizens and Permanent Residents” line!!!
And, for the first time, smiling IO (instead of “Enjoy your visit”) greeted me with “Welcome Back Home!!!”
Needless to say, I cried!

To my extended international family from this forum, I think about you all, forever grateful for this experience!!! Please, everybody let us finish strong and make our teachers/moderators and each other proud!!!

Yours,
2014Euro40XXX

Nice post. Lovely feeling indeed to get the welcome home greeting - I think I might book an international trip somewhere just to experience that!

Come on @jj777 get your approval already. You are the reason this thread is still active :)[/QU

I know some of you might want to know this breaking news.
I just got a text message noticing my status just changed 30 mins ago.
I could hear my heart pounding. I nervously opened the link......

I am in tears again, but this time it is all good ones. (Hope I didn't read it wrong).
I think this feeling is way better and fabulous than winning an Oscar award. It is not because I am becoming green, but it is the strength to fight the unknown to the end. No pain, no gain. I think I can relate to it well.

First, I want to start with a big thank you to Simon!!! It was because of you who used your own time to come up with two strong defending statement letters very quickly to have them reopen the case in such a short time. Also, many of you, including mom, boston_aos, Mammad, wreck_it_ralph, Kingkong, CWH, c1984, andyaos, betty 123, urbanite, kukilask, 2014Euro40xxx, vladekl5425, lfitis2be, tonyLA, hopper, Ngalob0123..... ,who have given me lots of great advices and supports, even I don't know you personally, but I thank you deeply from bottom of my heart.

2014 AOS journey of this post may stop here, but the bound among this 2014 AOS family will never end. I hope you all the best. Let me know if I can help you with anything in the future. Thank you! ^^

I am in tears again, but this time it is all good ones. (Hope I didn't read it wrong).
I think this feeling is way better and fabulous than winning an Oscar award. It is not because I am becoming green, but it is the strength to fight the unknown to the end. No pain, no gain. I think I can relate to it well.

First, I want to start with a big thank you to Simon!!! It was because of you who used your own time to come up with two strong defending statement letters very quickly to have them reopen the case in such a short time. Also, many of you, including mom, boston_aos, Mammad, wreck_it_ralph, Kingkong, CWH, c1984, andyaos, betty 123, urbanite, kukilask, 2014Euro40xxx, vladekl5425, lfitis2be, tonyLA, hopper, Ngalob0123..... ,who have given me lots of great advices and supports, even I don't know you personally, but I thank you deeply from bottom of my heart.

2014 AOS journey of this post may stop here, but the bound among this 2014 AOS family will never end. I hope you all the best. Let me know if I can help you with anything in the future. Thank you! ^^

Congrats! You earned it. Enjoy the new status and the new life.

Congrats!!! I've come here everyday (silently) to check if you had any good news and here it is! I'm feeling very happy for you. You definitely marked a very good ending for the DV2014 team.

Phew!!!! Congrats!
Very happy for you. Enjoy every single moment of your new green life. What a finish!

I'm so happy to hear this!!!! How incredible that they can be "so sure" to deny your AoS one moment and then approve it because they finally admit their mistake. It shouldn't be this random - but it is a lesson for us all....

The door on 2014 is closing fast - but all of the member cases have now got through!! I have to say the props on this thread should go to Sm1sMom. She is who I turned to for help on my case - and she has seen us all through. She is the team coach - I am just standing here with pom poms....

Suggestion for the moderators:

Would you consider starting a thread or a spreadsheet where members and users can list the names of good immigration lawyers they know? This might be of great help for a lot of people. Of course, giving the name of the lawyer does not guarantee that the person hiring him or her would get approved.

Bravo, bravo, bravo!!! Congratulations!
So good to read of your wonderful news. All's well that ends well indeed. Truly happy for you. Enjoy your new LPR status!