• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Fixed your number.
Welcome Indieollie to the forum. Let me know your case number (eg like mine 2015OC9XX) and I'll add you to our list of OCers.

I'll suggest you read through this thread as well as the 2014 OC thread as both have a wealth of information. And they're both great reads in terms of learning about the processes from other OCers.

Hi! Thank you my number is OC 6XX.

Class of OC2015

OC-ers confirmed to be US bound!

None yet but we are an optimistic crew of antipodeans

OC-ers gone current
Tonis - xx (less than CN15) - October
Josh2014 - 4X - November?
Ozimattskey - 6x - October
AimLK Husband - 7X - November
CC1 - 1xx - October
ECM - 2xx - October
Stephenau - 2xx - October
HaydenS - 3xx - October
Essey - 4xx - November
OC_EMS - 4xx - November
SuicideBlonde - 4xx - November

OC-ers waiting to go current
nzangeleyes - 5xx
Aussiegemma - 6xx
IndieLollie - 6xx
Kiwione - 6xx
AimLK - 7xx
Deb7A - 7xx
Trifurcate - 8xx
CBDK - 9xx
EmilyW - 9xx
Zshep - 9xx
nycsteph - 13xx
Guestgulkan - 14xx
Japanaus - 14xx
Connectedspace - 15xx
Aussiecatherine - 16xx
Saltwaterlily - 163x
Kellie - 17xx
MrKiwi - 18xx
hopefulinnz - 19xx
AussieInLDN - 21xx
Codyf21 - 21xx
Abbie - 22xx

Having a jealous day of all the people who are, or who are almost certainly going to become, current *sigh*
I keep coming in here and reading, but feeling like a fraud because i know we aren't actually going to get a Greencard from this Draw.
Am trying to organise my pics to get ready to enter the 2016 draw, which is probably whats bought of my bout of self pity :)

Having a jealous day of all the people who are, or who are almost certainly going to become, current *sigh*
I keep coming in here and reading, but feeling like a fraud because i know we aren't actually going to get a Greencard from this Draw.
Am trying to organise my pics to get ready to enter the 2016 draw, which is probably whats bought of my bout of self pity :)

Stop with the self pity! You have a VERY good chance of being selected again - several people have done exactly that.

By the way - DV2016 is announced and starting on October 1.

Everything comes to he who waits.
My hubby would probably have missed out in 2014, but I was confident I would win in 2015, and I did, so we cancelled his appointment.
Never give up hope. :)

Everything comes to he who waits.
My hubby would probably have missed out in 2014, but I was confident I would win in 2015, and I did, so we cancelled his appointment.
Never give up hope. :)

And you already have your new life mapped out - lucky you.

I was talking to my future neighbor (the hot rod guy) and I am going to try to persuade him to help me work on a project car. Should be fun...

Hopeful, I can understand. We entered last year but didn't get selected. It really felt like we wished the year away waiting for DV2015.

But you have a fantastic Canadian adventure awaiting you that sounds incredible.

I haven't been on for a bit. Trying to focus on things in the present for the moment. This is an all-consuming experience I must say. But I am happy to see others get their interview dates. I'm so excited for you all. Congrats Ems. Can't wait to hear your interview experience.

I might add it feels like I havent been on but it was probably only a day or two lol. I can't stay away for long

Chin up my fellow feathered friend. You never know your luck.
Just put some gooooooooooood vibes out there for yourself and for the others who have been selected.
If you hang in there long enough it will eventually happen. I guess you could say Im proof of that although I dont have that little green card in my handbag yet. A good call to enter 2016.

It seems we have some exceptional talent in our forum.

I would like to draw your attention to SuicideBlondes web page. I think its brilliant and for those who havent noticed the link in her signature here it is:
http://www.passportsandpolaroids.com
Best I go book a flight and hotel for Sydney happy Sunday for us downunder and Saturday to the Northern folk.

And you already have your new life mapped out - lucky you.

I was talking to my future neighbor (the hot rod guy) and I am going to try to persuade him to help me work on a project car. Should be fun...

Thanks Simon. Good for you. You will have a blast and meet some really neat people along the way.
We have a few contacts over there in the Hot Rodding scene, so if you need any advise and or help just let me know.

Simon, we feel very blessed but I believe things happen for a reason and we are obviously meant to move to the US. :)

That was me last year, and look at me now! Don't give up. Patience will be your best friend to getting through this process.

Despite what all the number crunching tells us we all know how unpredictable the DV can be. And we haven't had a bad start to 2015 so OC numbers have every chance of getting pretty high. Higher than last year at least.

It seems we have some exceptional talent in our forum.

I would like to draw your attention to SuicideBlondes web page. I think its brilliant and for those who havent noticed the link in her signature here it is:
http://www.passportsandpolaroids.com
Best I go book a flight and hotel for Sydney happy Sunday for us downunder and Saturday to the Northern folk.

Aww thanks haha it's merely a work in progress blog at the moment!!! Better start working on it a bit more if people are going to be looking now though :p

Despite what all the number crunching tells us we all know how unpredictable the DV can be. And we haven't had a bad start to 2015 so OC numbers have every chance of getting pretty high. Higher than last year at least.

I totally agree. 2014 was a strange one. I'm hoping 2015 will be different. Actually, scrub hope. I'm WILLING 2015 to be different.

Hey everyone - I haven't been on here for a few days and usually there's one or two comments each time I check but I was just treated to 4 whole new pages of comments! Who knew I was so addicted to this forum?
Good to see the 2NLs flowing and some new names too :D

The NZ website just says completion of sixth form/year 12.
"the applicant must have completed a minimum of twelve years education including four years of high school which must be the equivalent of a U.S. High School diploma (e.g. completion of 6th Form/year 12 in New Zealand or Australia)"
But why does it say the DV fee is US$420????
http://newzealand.usembassy.gov/mobile//dv_lottery.html
Thanks for that, I thought that is what I had originally read, I certainly completed 6th form and have the NZQA official document stating my results so I am going to go to the interview and show them that then they can decide:)Hopefully it will be a good outcome, will let you all know :)

Thanks for that, I thought that is what I had originally read, I certainly completed 6th form and have the NZQA official document stating my results so I am going to go to the interview and show them that then they can decide:)Hopefully it will be a good outcome, will let you all know :)

You'll be fine :)

I do agree you should go to the interview - but do all you can to get your certificates etc.

To explain what I was saying earlier in another way, in the USA you can attend school for 12 years and not graduate. Some people might be held back a year or two during their education (meaning they do 13/14 years of school) and then still not graduate. If they don't graduate they cannot go on to college - and that is because they didn't complete High School - meaning they didn't successfully complete High School.

I've been looking for the "old" standards but haven't found them yet.