Going to USC interview without spouse?

jakemtt20

I've always thought that when I have my USC interview, I will have to go with my spouse present.
But I recently heard that this is not required. Is it true?

If so.... with all things equal, do you recommend going alone or with the spouse?

Going together or alone doesn't change anything. If you go together, your spouse will wait in the waiting room while you have your interview anyway.
My husband went with me and I was glad because I could share my joy with him after passing the test right there in the waiting room.

no need for spouse to be present, unless they specifically ask (which is unlikely). Mine went because we had interviews the same day.

no need for spouse to be present, unless they specifically ask (which is unlikely). Mine went because we had interviews the same day.

What do you mean by 'interviews the same day'?
Which interview did your spouse have? Does the spouse have a separate interview for my citizenship?

What do you mean by 'interviews the same day'?
Which interview did your spouse have? Does the spouse have a separate interview for my citizenship?

Both of them were noncitizens each pursuing their own US citizenship. I take it you are a noncitizen applying for citizenship based on marriage to a US citizen, which is a different situation.

Even if you are applying based on marriage, they will interview you alone. However, if your USC spouse happens to be in the building, and you tell the interviewer that fact, sometimes the interviewer will invite the USC spouse into the interview room for a few quick questions.

My interview is tomorrow and my wife took two of her wisdom teeth out. She's really sick and can't talk. I wonder if I have to let her go through torture if she comes with me when she does not have to!

Can someone please elaborate more specially from the D.C. office?

Thanks in advance...

My interview is tomorrow and my wife took two of her wisdom teeth out. She's really sick and can't talk. I wonder if I have to let her go through torture if she comes with me when she does not have to!

Can someone please elaborate more specially from the D.C. office?

Thanks in advance...

Why does she need to present? If there is a requirement for her to be there, then reschedule, otherwise dont worry about it