• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Thanks so much for that, I have emailed the NZQA but one of their previous emails to me does say they don't hold certificates that go back to that year, makes me feel old, I am hoping just completing the 12 year schooling is enough to suffice, it does say on the instructions for 2015 DV that you only have to have completed the 12 years

I cant remember, over the two years I got three 5's four 6's and 2 7's so that must be enough to pass all over you would think, it was too long ago to remember and since then I have moved countries etc so never had to use these qualifications for anything.

The rules are that you have successfully completed, not just completed. The level they are looking for is the point at which you could enrol in a university degree course without further study or examinations. Since your interview is soon, have you thought about a work experience option as a backup plan (just in case).

Hi Everyone

I just rang KCC to get some clarification regarding interview dates. My status has gone current and just waiting to finish processing. (Very low case number) Apparently there are no more dates for interviews left in October and November. So mine will more than likely be December or January.

I have a few little issues that I would like to ask and see if some one can help me and my partner out.

My Partner and I, back before the Lottery was drawn, planned on getting married in Florida on January 5th 2015. Most of this was already planned as her family had to come from Germany and mine from Australia. Now due to the Green Card we had to get married in July 2014 to satisfy the application. This was not an issue. My issue now is, we still have the Holiday / Second Wedding planned for January, and we are worried we are going to get an interview date around this time. Problem is with my work, I have to work Xmas and my wife is heading to the US to spend xmas with her family there before the wedding. I will be flying in before new year. If we do get the Interview before this date then we get accepted we have the issue of not being able to travel together to the US for the first time.
Question is;
Is there a way around this? Can we just travel for those 2 weeks separately on an ESTA visa and then come back later date and activate the green card in a few months? Is there some kind of form or waiver we can get?
We were hopping for a november interview date, so that we could make all dates and times work out. Seems like its not working out as easy as we were hoping. Any information or help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated, as we are starting to stress out now.

Cheers

Hi Everyone

I just rang KCC to get some clarification regarding interview dates. My status has gone current and just waiting to finish processing. (Very low case number) Apparently there are no more dates for interviews left in October and November. So mine will more than likely be December or January.

I have a few little issues that I would like to ask and see if some one can help me and my partner out.

My Partner and I, back before the Lottery was drawn, planned on getting married in Florida on January 5th 2015. Most of this was already planned as her family had to come from Germany and mine from Australia. Now due to the Green Card we had to get married in July 2014 to satisfy the application. This was not an issue. My issue now is, we still have the Holiday / Second Wedding planned for January, and we are worried we are going to get an interview date around this time. Problem is with my work, I have to work Xmas and my wife is heading to the US to spend xmas with her family there before the wedding. I will be flying in before new year. If we do get the Interview before this date then we get accepted we have the issue of not being able to travel together to the US for the first time.
Question is;
Is there a way around this? Can we just travel for those 2 weeks separately on an ESTA visa and then come back later date and activate the green card in a few months? Is there some kind of form or waiver we can get?
We were hopping for a november interview date, so that we could make all dates and times work out. Seems like its not working out as easy as we were hoping. Any information or help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated, as we are starting to stress out now.

Cheers

With all the extraneous detail I can't quite figure out the real desire/timeline - but let me state some things to see if that helps. You do not need to enter the USA at the same time. However, if entering separately, the principal selectee (winner) must enter/activate first. I am not certain if the main selectee needs to be present in the USA when the derivative enters - I can check that if that is important to you. Both must enter to activate the Green Cards within the 6 month validity (may be shorter depending on medicals). Once you have entered you can leave for up to 12 months without seeking prior permission (re-entry permit), and that is particularly common/understandable in the first year of residence (people going home to tie up loose ends). However, the LPR can be challenged to show they have put down roots in the USA (much more likely after the first year).

For those who have received their 2NL, can you help the rest of us out by letting us know what it says etc?

It would be great if you early birds can provide your fellow OC-ers with a heads up.

For those who have received their 2NL, can you help the rest of us out by letting us know what it says etc?

It would be great if you early birds can provide your fellow OC-ers with a heads up.
Agreed. If anyone could copy/paste their 2nl letter here I'm sure we could all benefit. Someone did the same on the 2014 Aussie thread and it was a huge help to everyone. Would also provide the opportunity to discuss anything that may be confusing.

With all the extraneous detail I can't quite figure out the real desire/timeline - but let me state some things to see if that helps. You do not need to enter the USA at the same time. However, if entering separately, the principal selectee (winner) must enter/activate first. I am not certain if the main selectee needs to be present in the USA when the derivative enters - I can check that if that is important to you. Both must enter to activate the Green Cards within the 6 month validity (may be shorter depending on medicals). Once you have entered you can leave for up to 12 months without seeking prior permission (re-entry permit), and that is particularly common/understandable in the first year of residence (people going home to tie up loose ends). However, the LPR can be challenged to show they have put down roots in the USA (much more likely after the first year).

Sorry, I tried to be as informative as possible.

To make it easier to understand this is the situation.

My Wife will be travelling to the USA this year around the 15th December until the 15th January. I as the principal applicant have to work over xmas so I can't fly in until the 28th December. So when I arrive my wife will already be there. Our Original Plan was if we go tan interview date in November to Fly together on the 4th December to Activate, then I would return on the 10th to Australia and She would stay in the US and meet up with her Family thats coming over from Germany.

Obviously this plan won't work no more as the Interview date is way too late in December.

Our main issue is her being over there first. There is no Issue in us going within 6 months or leaving for more that 12 months. Its the initial activation.
Main Questions are
1) Do we have to be together to activate
2) Do we have to activate it straight away, Can my wife just travel on an ESTA Visa and Wait for my to come later on and activate it then?

We have no issue having to leave the country and come back in together. We would fly to Canada or something like that for the day and return. We just don't want to void the visa or run into issues. We can't change our dates of our holiday / wedding as its already booked.

Glad to see some people are getting their interview dates. :)

Anyone want to swap :)

Cheers

My Wife will be travelling to the USA this year around the 15th December until the 15th January. I as the principal applicant have to work over xmas so I can't fly in until the 28th December. So when I arrive my wife will already be there. Our Original Plan was if we go tan interview date in November to Fly together on the 4th December to Activate, then I would return on the 10th to Australia and She would stay in the US and meet up with her Family thats coming over from Germany.

Obviously this plan won't work no more as the Interview date is way too late in December.

Our main issue is her being over there first. There is no Issue in us going within 6 months or leaving for more that 12 months. Its the initial activation.
Main Questions are
2) Do we have to activate it straight away, Can my wife just travel on an ESTA Visa and Wait for my to come later on and activate it then?

We have no issue having to leave the country and come back in together. We would fly to Canada or something like that for the day and return. We just don't want to void the visa or run into issues. We can't change our dates of our holiday / wedding as its already booked.

Cheers

If people are still getting 2nls for November I wouldn't rule out this possibility just yet

Main Questions are

Cheers

If your wife will be traveling to the US on the 15th, what is the plan for attending your interview or is it based on the assumption that you guys would have already been interviewed before the 15?

1. Assuming interview has taken place before Dec 15th, your wife as a derivative cannot enter the US ahead of your. You either activate together or you go into the US alone first.

2. Your wife cannot enter with ESTA visa if your IV has already been issued. The IV will get voided if she asked to be allowed in on ESTA. You will have until whatever the expiration date on the IV is to activate it.

If people are still getting 2nls for November I wouldn't rule out this possibility just yet
I do hope so. It would stop a lot of issues.

Now we just have to see what we can do regarding going into the US separately.
Obviously this is only if we get through the interview. Which I don't think us having an issue with.

If your wife will be traveling to the US on the 15th, what is the plan for attending your interview or is it based on the assumption that you guys would have already been interviewed before the 15?

1. Assuming interview has taken place before Dec 15th, your wife as a derivative cannot enter the US ahead of your. You either activate together or you go into the US alone first.

2. Your wife cannot enter with ESTA visa if your IV has already been issued. The IV will get voided if she asked to be allowed in on ESTA. You will have until whatever the expiration date on the IV is to activate it.

It was on the assumption that we would be interviewed before the 15th. When we planned all this holiday / second marriage we did it before may this year so had no idea we would get the green card selection. Now we couldn't put our DS-260 form in straight away as we had to get married which we organised. So it ended up going in a bit later.

Now if the interview is for before the 15th there may be still time to both of us get over there quickly. Its gonna be very tight though. As I work on a Fly in/ Fly out Rotation and its quite difficult to change dates.

If we get an interview date around the 15th it will be pretty much a matter or leaving Sydney flying to US together and I would return the next day back to Australia for Work then go back again before new year.

Its getting a bit messy and its a bit frustrating that our holiday is planned for the US then this comes along. Here is hoping that we could still get a november date. or early December. If its anywhere between the 15th december and the 10th January we are going to be in trouble.

Our only other option is to push it back to january some time. But would this make our chances less of getting another interview?
Our case number is 2015OC000001xx

Cheers

Dear Ms Happy Pants,

This is the official notice for you to pursue your application for a DV-2015 visa. An appointment has been scheduled for you at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate stated below. You and all members of your family must appear at the appointed date and time for your interview. Please notify the office listed if you cannot keep the appointment.

You and any eligible family members will be required to submit sufficient proof of identity upon arrival. If you fail to obtain a DV-2015 visa by September 30, 2015, your registration will expire. Your family members must also obtain their visas prior to September 30, 2015, or they will not be permitted to join you in the United States under the DV-2015 program.

Please follow the instructions provided in Step 4 at http://www.dvselectee.state.gov for Interview Preparation and Fee Payments. It is very important that you follow the guidelines carefully in preparation for your interview. The Diversity Lottery Fee for each applicant and each member of the family must be paid in full before the visa interview and is non-refundable, even if the visa is refused for any reason.

Interview Appointment

SYDNEY
CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES
VISA UNIT
LEVEL 59 MLC CENTRE
19-29 MARTIN PLACE
SYDNEY
AUSTRALIA
02-373-9200
November 25, 2014 10:45 AM

The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case and forwarded it to the interviewing office. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office listed above. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to your name and case number exactly as they appear below.

Last edited:
So my CN number is 40x and my interview is probably the last in Nov. Makes me wonder about the higher 400's current in Nov.

Good on you, OC - thanks for helping! The might of grateful OC2015-ers is behind you friend.