EB3 to EB2 conversion - cllarification

vsk-immi

I have an EB3 pending since November 2004 (485 filed in July 2007).
I did work for my EB3 Company for about 10 years. But since Aug-2012 using my EAD, I am working for a different company that wants to file GC under EB2 category. I have 3 year BSc degree from India and also a couple of post graduate diploma courses in Computer Applications and a post graduate diploma in personnel management.
The issue is that my education which was evaluated as a US 4 years degree in 2000 by ICETS, when evaluated again by the current company attorney; found that USCIS may not accept my education as equivalent to 4 years US degree.
My attorney also states that there is a possibility that if we file for EB2 now, my existing EB3 may also be reopened, and the EB3's I-140 may be revoked and denied if USCIS assess that my education is not equivalent to a US 4 year degree.
My understanding about converting EB3 to EB2 (mainly from online searches) is that EB2 will be an entirely an independent process and has nothing to do with the existing EB3 until EB2’s 140 is approved.

If any one could shed some light if an existing EB3 will be affected adversely because of filing EB2, will be greatly appreciated.

If any one could shed some light if an existing EB3 will be affected adversely because of filing EB2, will be greatly appreciated.

It depends. If the EB2 I-140 gets approved, you're fine. If however USCIS determines that you do not have the equivalent of a four-year degree and someone notices the existing I-140, it's possible that they may reopen that I-140 and if it is revoked, you lose the benefit of that earlier priority date.

Getting the EB2 I-140 approved means that your priority date would likely be current or almost current; EB3 India is still two years behind your priority date. Maybe you should get a third credentials evaluation from a neutral party?