B1/B2, Canada, Montral/Toronto

m_arko

Hi! I've looked through the forum and have tried to find it via google but nothing showed up..
I am planing to set up an appoitment for B1/B2 visa in Canada. Every single issue of the visa application process is clear for me but the only thing I wonder about is the difference in the days of awaiting for the meeting.
For Toronto it is 9 (and 2 processing days), for Ottawa it is 1 (2PD) and for Montreal 1 (5PD).
It means that the rate of the refusal is higher in Montreal/Ottawa and everyone is heading to Toronto? Are there any official statistic data pointing percentage ratio of the refusal in given city? (overall - not by nationality)?

Thanks for any advice, I am going to buy tickets to Canada soon and need to make final decision in which city I will land and where I head later..

Cheers!

Mark

Hi! I've looked through the forum and have tried to find it via google but nothing showed up..
I am planing to set up an appoitment for B1/B2 visa in Canada. Every single issue of the visa application process is clear for me but the only thing I wonder about is the difference in the days of awaiting for the meeting.
For Toronto it is 9 (and 2 processing days), for Ottawa it is 1 (2PD) and for Montreal 1 (5PD).
It means that the rate of the refusal is higher in Montreal/Ottawa and everyone is heading to Toronto? Are there any official statistic data pointing percentage ratio of the refusal in given city? (overall - not by nationality)?

Thanks for any advice, I am going to buy tickets to Canada soon and need to make final decision in which city I will land and where I head later..

Cheers!

Mark
Hi,where you gona apply? I want to apply for touristic visa,Im in Chicago.

Processing time is more dependent on application load and staff resources. It does not indicate anything about refusal rates. Which consulate's jurisdiction do you live in? You will have no choice but to use that consulate.

Yep. Ive realised that Toronto is the air hub and people arrive there and firectly go to consulate?

I dont livve in Canada. I am polish citizenship and ill set up a meeting in the Montreal consulate..

Thanks for replies!

If you do not reside in Canada, then it is possible that US consulates in Canada will not even entertain your visa application. They will ask you to apply in your country of residence.

I dont livve in Canada. I am polish citizenship and ill set up a meeting in the Montreal consulate..

Yeah it is possible.. but Ill try. Because here in DR where Ive spent last 4 months it is even harder;p

I have my PR from Canada and live for more than one year in Toronto.I'm from Iran and working as professional in a private company.On 29th of April, I have applied for US visa (Visitor) for the second time. The first time it was granted without any problem. But the second time around they give me the "221g administrative processing..". Also I had H1-b visa in 2001-2004 which I have been background checked many times! I made plans for going on a trip in June, But I haven't got it ... how long do I have to wait? Do I need to act further? Thanks a lot

No further action needed from you at the moment. Let the consulate contact you. Most likely they are waiting for your background check to complete.
Thanks For your reply. There is something I want to know also which is on US immigration website it says "... will need to wait at least 60 days from the date of interview" ... Is it 60 business days or just 60 days? Thanks again

Today it passed 70 days, but still the website shows "Administrative Processing". I've also contacted the consulate for the update they told me they can't do anything till get they respond. I have a really serious financial issue which only allowed to be resolve in States. And I didn't think this will take this too much long. Is it wise to inform the consulate about this? Isn't 70 days too long for getting the background check?

I have knows of cases where background checks took nearly a year. So 70 days is not "too long". Keep in mind, it is all relative.
I once had to wait 22 months for visa issuance due to pending background checks, and it wasn't even the USA we are talking about :)

Isn't 70 days too long for getting the background check?

Thanks for your reply, But this neither my first time to getting US visa nor my first to have background checks. On 2001 I had my first, then on 2008 for getting Australian PR, because I lived in States, the Australian immigration office wanted to request a US background check... then on 2013, for Canada PR, Again! I have been requested for the background checks ....I have been background checks so many times:):D ... But none of them took this long!! All of them where around six weeks! That's why I'm now concern about it. For someone who have been background checked many times this process should not take too long ... I think ... the immigration officers or who ever doing the background checks are not working 100% of there time and that's why the queue and the process of it is getting longer everyday... Thanks anyway...For everyone who got the background checks, wishing to get the result ASAP...