• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Still waiting for an 2NL interview confirmation, assuming there is something wrong our application considering our case number was so low 2015OC4x and our DS260s were all done by June 10. :-(

I think I would be giving them a wee tinkle on the buzzer just to be sure. Below is what the KCC emailed me.

"Please be assured that any delay in unlocking your form will not impact your appointment date, as appointment dates are set based upon your case number becoming current. (Further details about what this means are available in the Visa Bulletin on www.travel.state.gov.) The first appointments will not begin until October 2014, so there will be ample time for you to correct your information in time for a consular interview."

Now some will say if your DS260 is submitted on the late side then that impacts your interview time. Honestly I have no idea..........
Im only sharing what the KCC sent me.

Class of OC2015

OC-ers confirmed to be US bound!

None yet but we are an optimistic crew of antipodeans

OC-ers gone current
Tonis - xx (less than CN15) - October
Josh2014 - 4X - November?
Ozimattskey - 6x - October
AimLK Husband - 7X - November?
CC1 - 1xx - October
ECM - 2xx - October
Stephenau - 2xx - October
HaydenS - 3xx - October
Essey - 4xx - November
OC_EMS - 4xx - November
SuicideBlonde - 4xx - November

OC-ers waiting to go current
nzangeleyes - 5xx
Aussiegemma - 6xx
Kiwione - 6xx
AimLK - 7xx
Deb7A - 7xx
Trifurcate - 8xx
CBDK - 9xx
EmilyW - 9xx
Zshep - 9xx
nycsteph - 13xx
Guestgulkan - 14xx
Japanaus - 14xx
Connectedspace - 15xx
Aussiecatherine - 16xx
Saltwaterlily - 163x
Kellie - 17xx
MrKiwi - 18xx
hopefulinnz - 19xx
AussieInLDN - 21xx
Codyf21 - 21xx
Abbie - 22xx

Class of OC2015

OC-ers gone current
CC1 - 1xx - October
ECM - 2xx - October
HaydenS - 3xx - October
Essey - 4xx - November
OC_EMS - 4xx - November

nzangeleyes - 5xx
Aussiegemma - 6xx
Kiwione - 6xx
AimLK - 7xx
Deb7A - 7xx
Trifurcate - 8xx
CBDK - 9xx
EmilyW - 9xx
Zshep - 9xx
nycsteph - 13xx
Guestgulkan - 14xx
Japanaus - 14xx
Connectedspace - 15xx
Aussiecatherine - 16xx
Saltwaterlily - 163x
Kellie - 17xx
MrKiwi - 18xx
hopefulinnz - 19xx
AussieInLDN - 21xx
Codyf21 - 21xx
Abbie - 22xx

You rock Emily! :)

Class of OC2015

OC-ers gone current
CC1 - 1xx - October
ECM - 2xx - October
HaydenS - 3xx - October
Essey - 4xx - November
OC_EMS - 4xx - November

nzangeleyes - 5xx
Aussiegemma - 6xx
Kiwione - 6xx
AimLK - 7xx
Deb7A - 7xx
Trifurcate - 8xx
CBDK - 9xx
EmilyW - 9xx
Zshep - 9xx
nycsteph - 13xx
Guestgulkan - 14xx
Japanaus - 14xx
Connectedspace - 15xx
Aussiecatherine - 16xx
Saltwaterlily - 163x
Kellie - 17xx
MrKiwi - 18xx
hopefulinnz - 19xx
AussieInLDN - 21xx
Codyf21 - 21xx
Abbie - 22xx
w
Awesome stuff! Was just thinking to myself as I read through the previous posts that there were a few more new names for Emily's list ;)

I think I would be giving them a wee tinkle on the buzzer just to be sure. Below is what the KCC emailed me.

"Please be assured that any delay in unlocking your form will not impact your appointment date, as appointment dates are set based upon your case number becoming current. (Further details about what this means are available in the Visa Bulletin on www.travel.state.gov.) The first appointments will not begin until October 2014, so there will be ample time for you to correct your information in time for a consular interview."

Now some will say if your DS260 is submitted on the late side then that impacts your interview time. Honestly I have no idea..........
Im only sharing what the KCC sent me.

Even though the email says "delay in unlocking your form will not impact your appointment date, as appointment dates are set based upon your case number becoming current" it is on the assumption that the initial submission of DS-260 form was done early enough to have been processed in time for when the CN becomes current. So what we've been saying all along that "if your DS260 is submitted on the late side then that impacts your interview time" still stands correct.

Even though the email says "delay in unlocking your form will not impact your appointment date, as appointment dates are set based upon your case number becoming current" it is on the assumption that the initial submission of DS-260 form was done early enough to have been processed in time for when the CN becomes current. So what we've been saying all along that "if your DS260 is submitted on the late side then that impacts your interview time" still stands correct.

Thanks Sm1smom,
In Josh2014 case being that the case number is so low, 2015OC4x and the DS260s were all done by June 10. one would think he would have an interview date by now.
I agree with what you say Sm1smom , my response was in direct reply to his situation.
Cheers.........

Thanks Sm1smom,
In Josh2014 case being that the case number is so low, 2015OC4x and the DS260s were all done by June 10. one would think he would have an interview date by now.
I agree with what you say Sm1smom , my response was in direct reply to his situation.
Cheers.........

Yep, I understand. Considering the sheer volume of DS-260 forms submitted between May 19th and June 10th, I think that submission was considered 'late' for an October interview. There have been reports of some with low CNs who submitted at the end of May who equally did not make the Oct interview.

Yep, I understand. Considering the sheer volume of DS-260 forms submitted between May 19th and June 10th, I think that submission was considered 'late' for an October interview. There have been reports of some with low CNs who submitted at the end of May who equally did not make the Oct interview.

Geez, it will be interesting to see how/when the 2NL's are dished out.
I was banking on a Nov interview but not so sure now.
At the end of the day it will all unfold just the way its meant to, but I sure do wish I could find that damn crystal ball of mine.

Sounds like a good plan!
I am very disappointed that none of you have mentioned Hokey Pokey Ice cream, we are in for the camping trip and ill bring pineapple lumps too... lol, we are now thinking North Carolina too, Huntersville to be precise, place looks beautiful. Although I'm still freaking out about the interview in October, still not sure whether my Sacred Heart College Study Certificate saying I completed 12 years education is enough to get through, didn't do University Entrance Exam I did two years, 1984 and 1985 Sixth form Certificate, anyone else been through this.

I am very disappointed that none of you have mentioned Hokey Pokey Ice cream, we are in for the camping trip and ill bring pineapple lumps too... lol, we are now thinking North Carolina too, Huntersville to be precise, place looks beautiful. Although I'm still freaking out about the interview in October, still not sure whether my Sacred Heart College Study Certificate saying I completed 12 years education is enough to get through, didn't do University Entrance Exam I did two years, 1984 and 1985 Sixth form Certificate, anyone else been through this.

Freaking out wont help!
CC1......... go back a couple of pages in this forum. SussieQQQ posted some info regarding this as someone else had some confusion.
Would you mind sharing what the 2NL letter advised you to bring/do for your interview?

Did you get a sixth form cerfiticate? I think you needed to pass 3 subjects to get this.

Just a thought......... does this mean those of who are current in Nov will get our interview dates delayed due to the Oct guys being delayed re late DS260 submissions?

Last edited:
Just a thought......... does this mean those of who are current in Nov will get out interview dates delayed due to the Oct guys being delayed re late DS260 submissions?

No. The small increase in November numbers means they can do both in one month.

Did you get a sixth form cerfiticate? I think you needed to pass 3 subjects to get this.
I did two years and got a letter from NZQA saying in 1984 for the Sixth Form examination I gained the results English 5, Geo 7, History 6, History of art 7 and practical Art 5, Then in 1985, NZQA have sent me a letter saying I got the following marks in the Sixth form certificate "Award" and I was hoping Award meant I passed but I really cant remember as my long term memory is shocking and I have never had to use this before the marks were English 6, Bio 6, History 6, His of Art 5 and Computer Application 5, so really I am no further ahead, unless someone out there remembers what the pass mark was, I think I sahll email the NZQA and see if they have some sort of certificate showing I did complete 12 years High school.

I did two years and got a letter from NZQA saying in 1984 for the Sixth Form examination I gained the results English 5, Geo 7, History 6, History of art 7 and practical Art 5, Then in 1985, NZQA have sent me a letter saying I got the following marks in the Sixth form certificate "Award" and I was hoping Award meant I passed but I really cant remember as my long term memory is shocking and I have never had to use this before the marks were English 6, Bio 6, History 6, His of Art 5 and Computer Application 5, so really I am no further ahead, unless someone out there remembers what the pass mark was, I think I sahll email the NZQA and see if they have some sort of certificate showing I did complete 12 years High school.

Yeah, that is different to what I got. I had percentage marks and a comment down the bottom (Qualified to University Entrance). Ringing or emailing NZQA would be a good idea :)

according to my 6th form cert

1 and 2 = excellent level of achievement
3 = high level of achievement
4 = very satisfactory level of achievement
5 = satisfactory level of achievement
6 and 7 = adequate level of achievement
8 and 9 = low level of achievement

it doesn't say what constitutes a pass though, but surely adequate, means just that, adequate ?
If you are adequate in a subject then you surely haven't failed ?

according to my 6th form cert

1 and 2 = excellent level of achievement
3 = high level of achievement
4 = very satisfactory level of achievement
5 = satisfactory level of achievement
6 and 7 = adequate level of achievement
8 and 9 = low level of achievement

it doesn't say what constitutes a pass though, but surely adequate, means just that, adequate ?
If you are adequate in a subject then you surely haven't failed ?
Thanks so much for that, I have emailed the NZQA but one of their previous emails to me does say they don't hold certificates that go back to that year, makes me feel old, I am hoping just completing the 12 year schooling is enough to suffice, it does say on the instructions for 2015 DV that you only have to have completed the 12 years
I cant remember, over the two years I got three 5's four 6's and 2 7's so that must be enough to pass all over you would think, it was too long ago to remember and since then I have moved countries etc so never had to use these qualifications for anything.

Freaking out wont help!
CC1......... go back a couple of pages in this forum. SussieQQQ posted some info regarding this as someone else had some confusion.
Would you mind sharing what the 2NL letter advised you to bring/do for your interview?
They told me to bring any qualifying paperwork and follow the instructions in step 4 at the dvselectee website, that was it really