02/12/14: Check Cashed
02/14/14: Received NOA letter
02/21/14: Online Status FP appointment notice mailed
02/24/14: Received FP Notice - 03/04/14
02/25/14: FP done - walk-in Santa Ana CA
03/03/14: Online Status Changed to "In Line"
07/18/14: Received Interview Letter
08/20/14: Interview
08/20/14: Online status changed to: On August 20, 2014, the supervisor review of your case was completed. We will mail you a notice once a final decision has been made. Please wait to receive the notice before you contact USCIS.
08/27/14: Online status changed to: On August 27, 2014, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location.

***status update***
02/06/14: N-400 couriered to Phoenix, AZ - Santa Ana CA DO
02/07/14: Delivered
02/07/14: Priority Date
02/12/14: Check Cashed
02/14/14: Received NOA letter
02/21/14: Online Status FP appointment notice mailed
02/24/14: Received FP Notice - 03/04/14
02/25/14: FP done - walk-in Santa Ana CA
03/03/14: Online Status Changed to "In Line"
07/18/14: Received Interview Letter
08/20/14: Interview
08/20/14: Online status changed to: On August 20, 2014, the supervisor review of your case was completed. We will mail you a notice once a final decision has been made. Please wait to receive the notice before you contact USCIS.
08/27/14: Online status changed to: On August 27, 2014, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location.
08/30/14: Oath letter received
09/17/14: Oath report @ 7:40am LA Convention Center (i bought a cheesy US patriotic flag tie on ebay for $3.47 for the occasion - http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-Fl...396099941?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item233fe92765)

***status update***

Officially a citizen now!

Applied for routine passport processing today as well.

Good luck to everyone else in your naturalization process.

Passport arrived today (routine processing)

My 15 year journey has come to an end!

Good luck in your final leg of your journey to those applying for citizenship.

Hi dhj,
I am on the same boat as with you with DUI on 5/3/2009 with no accident. And I am about to apply for the citizenship. I am reading document checklist handout(form M-477), it says something like "if you ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and charges were filed, send: original copies of records or court-certified copy of complete arrest record at filing.

did you send all those records at time of filing or took them with you at time of interview. Would really appreciate your answer. Thanks.

Hi dhj,
I am on the same boat as with you with DUI on 5/3/2009 with no accident. And I am about to apply for the citizenship. I am reading document checklist handout(form M-477), it says something like "if you ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and charges were filed, send: original copies of records or court-certified copy of complete arrest record at filing.

did you send all those records at time of filing or took them with you at time of interview. Would really appreciate your answer. Thanks.

Include these at the time of filing your application. It's important that you do that - certified copies of both the court records and go to your police department and get the certified arrest record. Also, scan them in color into your computer so you can print them out and bring them with you to your interview. (They will send you a yellow letter asking you to bring originals - but the color scanned and printed docs look original, which will save you paying more money and time to get another set of originals - even though I brought them to the interview, I was never asked to produce them as the immigration officer had the originals I sent with my application in his file as we were going through my application)

Last edited:
Include these at the time of filing your application. It's important that you do that - certified copies of both the court records and go to your police department and get the certified arrest record. Also, scan them in color into your computer so you can print them out and bring them with you to your interview. (They will send you a yellow letter asking you to bring originals - but the color scanned and printed docs look original, which will save you paying more money and time to get another set of originals - even though I brought them to the interview, I was never asked to produce them as the immigration officer had the originals I sent with my application in his file as we were going through my application)
Thanks for replying quickly. I would go to police station and get the arrest record. Would you know how to get the certified copy of the court records. Would i just go to court and ask for certified copy or something like that. Thanks again.

Thanks for replying quickly. I would go to police station and get the arrest record. Would you know how to get the certified copy of the court records. Would i just go to court and ask for certified copy or something like that. Thanks again.

Well I don't know where you are located, but here in California that's where you go - to the court.