• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hi everyone!I was selected for DV-2015 with CN 410** and my mom with 410** just a few numbers difference.I have no idea if we'll have a chance to get an interview,but if we will is it possible that we are gonna have it together in the same day?thanks in advance guys :)
From what region are you?

Vladek, I think Jivara's concern is getting to the US with a new born baby who does not possess a valid visa. This is a problem for people from countries whose citizens require a visa to travel to the US. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong plz) Airlines will not allow anyone - including an infant - to board a plane if they did not have a valid visa.
Yeah, I forgot the letter from the embassy !
We have seen few cases in here, with the same issue, and with that letter the airline company will let the new born pass through.
Thanks mom btw

Hi everyone,Hope you are doing well.
Thank you Simon.That was a good hope.
Did anyone receive an appointment notification so far?My case is current on October ,but still waiting for the notification.

Its very high number!
But there is a small chance you can have an interview in september 2015.
Best of luck
Thanks for quick reply.I know that our CN's are high,it's less than 1000 above the 2014 cut off but we still hope that Europe it's gonna add a couple of thousand as a result of Nigeria elimination.

hey wrote to kcc and they got back to me
Thank you for your inquiry.
Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.
so this means my interview is not in November but in dec...

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Standard replay... got the same exact text a week ago...

Have not heard from any November appointment yet

What your CN?My friend called yesterday CN 2015AF0003*** and told the case is currently in process,and when he inquired whether the interview will be in November, the lady told her she cannot tell.I told her to call today and another very very friendly lady picked who assured her that he will receive his email next week and the case is slated for November.Please call them now.It also depend with who picks the phone (some are straight forward and some will give a general answer)

Don't write call them and ask whether your interview is for November.

Or just leave them to spend their time on actually working - because asking does not make the process go faster and emails will come out this week....
I agree with you BritsS..!!I also would advice that since its obvious all emails (for November) interview will be sent next week,its better to wait and see whether one will receive.My case was different since they requested me ( on 21-08-2015) to personally call on 15th Sept and that;s why I had to called.

Last edited:
Or just leave them to spend their time on actually working - because asking does not make the process go faster and emails will come out this week....
Britsimon,
By this time, are they done scheduling interviews for November and are just uploading 2NLs, or are they still scheduling interviews as we speak?

Britsimon,
By this time, are they done scheduling interviews for November and are just uploading 2NLs, or are they still scheduling interviews as we speak?

Most likely they are still scheduling interviews, but I imagine the majority are done by now. There are ~150 embassies, so it can take a while as not all of those embassies enable KCC with direct access to their appointment systems.

1) is it true that your visa is technically valid 6 months from the date of your medical exam, if you take your exam 2 months before your visa interview, you will only have 4 months to enter the US ? Some embassies have 12 month expiry period for the medical but does it affect your entry date then ? I suppose border control go with 6 months regardless of what embassy you got your visa in.
2) I have been trying to email Kentucky to check on the need to provide your expired passports and all they do is refer to the instructions that say nothing about that. This info only cropped up on this forum. How important would be to take your expired passports to your visa interview ? Any official word on this ?
3) Do applicants still get this traditional 6-8 week advance notice before the visa interview date in DV-2015 or if they are slow processing the application, is there a slight risk of being given a lesser notice, eg 3-4 weeks ? Has anyone had their 2nd NL yet ?

1) is it true that your visa is technically valid 6 months from the date of your medical exam, if you take your exam 2 months before your visa interview, you will only have 4 months to enter the US ? Some embassies have 12 month expiry period for the medical but does it affect your entry date then ? I suppose border control go with 6 months regardless of what embassy you got your visa in.
2) I have been trying to email Kentucky to check on the need to provide your expired passports and all they do is refer to the instructions that say nothing about that. This info only cropped up on this forum. How important would be to take your expired passports to your visa interview ? Any official word on this ?
3) Do applicants still get this traditional 6-8 week advance notice before the visa interview date in DV-2015 or if they are slow processing the application, is there a slight risk of being given a lesser notice, eg 3-4 weeks ? Has anyone had their 2nd NL yet ?

1. Yes that is true in some countries (but not all). Best advice is to not do the medical too early.
2. Why not just take them if you have them? You may be asked to produce them, you may not.
3. The notice period is "normally" at least 6 weeks although embassies have been known to accelerate that by contacting the selectee directly.

'United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) determines the regional DV limits for each year according to a formula specified in Section 203(c) of the INA. USCIS will announce these numbers once these calculations are completed. The number of visas that will eventually be issued to natives of each country will depend on the regional limits established, how many entrants come from each country, and how many of the selected entrants are found eligible for the visa. '
Any one knows where can I get 'regional DV limits'?

'United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) determines the regional DV limits for each year according to a formula specified in Section 203(c) of the INA. USCIS will announce these numbers once these calculations are completed. The number of visas that will eventually be issued to natives of each country will depend on the regional limits established, how many entrants come from each country, and how many of the selected entrants are found eligible for the visa. '
Any one knows where can I get 'regional DV limits'?

I've been looking for a year to find the pre-published regional limits. So no. But if you find them - PLEASE post a link here.

Most likely they are still scheduling interviews, but I imagine the majority are done by now. There are ~150 embassies, so it can take a while as not all of those embassies enable KCC with direct access to their appointment systems.
Great! Thanks for the info BritSimon :)

"Appointment emails will come out this week for November cases (and some October ones toI submitted my DS on 19th may 2014,for family on 11 July 2014 , they were all unlocked and resubmitted them on 21-08-2014.I called them on 22-08-2014 requesting whether I should be receiving my email for October interview before end of August.They told me to call them on September 15th 2014.I called them 2 hours ago (16-09-2014) and they told me that my case is in process and that I should receive my email next week.I asked them whether that implies my interviews my interview will be November and they said yes.They insisted that ALL EMAIL WILL BE SENT NEXT WEEK.2015AF000004**o)."

You are saying that no emails will be sent this week - they will only be sent next week (i.e. from the 22nd). Want a bet on that? I would be willing to bet they will be sent this week.

I guess we have today and Friday to find out if the emails will be sent out to us, I don't think they will send anything in the weekend. Good luck to all d us, I will keep you posted if I receive it.