Stuck and lost

DarenWatt

My name is Daren Watt and I came to America from Jamaica on an H4 visa six years ago, when I was 18 my mother who I am her dependent kicked me out and ran off to Florida. After high school the limitations of the visa really kicked in as I couldn't work or get health insurance and both my parents refuse to help me, right now I'm facing homelessness and I'm desperate for help, I'm currently in Fayetteville North Carolina staying with strangers but due to my situation I don't have long there and would be on the street I don't know what to do or who to turn to and I'm pleading if anyone with the knowledge and power to help to please help me

Daren
1. I dont wanna judge you but why your mother will kick you out?. .
2. you ve been in usa for 6 years....no friend?...
Anyway, may be you should contact your embassy and see how they can help return home. America can be hard with no finance.

Hi Daren,

Sorry to read about your case. As the poster above said, one possible route is to find a way to move back to Jamaica. However, assuming you have spent 6 years already, you may consider the USA as "home". You also may not have much family or friends in Jamaica

If you want to try and stay here, you are probably going to need some legal advice. You may not be able to afford that so I would recommend you ask your question in one of Mr Khanna's conference calls. You can explain your case similar to what you have done in this thread and then he will answer your questions and give you some legal options. You should work on your question a little to add some extra details such as:

1. Your age now and when you will(have) turn(ed) 21.
2. The expiry date of the H4 visa.
3. Whether you are currently a student
4. Also clarify your case in terms of your mother/father - I gather she (your mother) was the H1 visa holder which is employment based. Is she still working for that company as far as you know? Do you know whether she plans to stay in the USA or will she go back to Jamaica when her visa expires.

Mr Khanna accepts questions for a certain time before the conference call - the current open thread for questions is this:-
http://forums.immigration.com/threa...nce-call-with-attorney-rajiv-s-khanna.322017/

Finally some life advice from a father to a young man.... which I hope you will listen to...

It is pretty unusual for both parents to not want to help you. They may be to blame for that, but in most cases that is because teenage boys can be a complete pain in the ass. I know because I was a teenage boy and I have a son of 23 who gave me a series of challenges. So, you may or may not be to blame for their feelings toward you, I don't know, but it is important that you live the best way you can, with honesty and integrity and try not to add to others peoples problems. Try to reach out to your parents to see if they are willing to reopen their relationship with you.

Last edited:
I appreciate the time and effort you put in to answer immensely and the reason she kicked me out was because back in Jamaica I lived with my dad he left me with a boarding home to come to America and after he and my mother gotten into it about who should pay for my school fee ( school isn't really free in Jamaica) he stopped paying my boarding fee and abandoned me so my mother came and got me with the sole reason to try and use me to get money from my father who which had full legal custody of me. When I was a junior I needed to pay my junior and senior dues and that's when I called him and asked him for money he gave me a little extra for my birthday so I bought myself a gift and paid my dues and because I refused to give her the money she used that to start fights with me then told lies and took me to court which I was told to leave the property after I left it made sense why she wanted the money and for me to leave because she left after a week to go to Florida to live with her new boyfriend and I clearly wasn't invited so she had to get rid of me even if that meant lying in court and abandoning me in a foreign country with no one and my father won't help because he thinks he shouldn't have to since he wasn't the one who brought me here