• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

I am going to mail the letter based on simon and wreck
Yep - that could be worth changing. Maybe a HEading that sets the tone

Dear Muppet,

RE: DV lottery - I485 - incorrect adjudication/denial

Blah Blah
I am getting angry just reading it.

The memo says:-
"the DV visa will be deemed for purposes of eligibility to file under 8 CFR 245.1(a), to have been available at the time of filing the Form
I-485 adjustment application."

It's a slam dunk to overturn their idiotic decision - the only thing is time. I think you may have to be persistent and practice what you are going to say. You should approach the conversation very calmly along the lines of my letter. You tell them that you received the letter, you explain your understanding of their denial reason and then you produce the policy memo and explain the relevant dates. Then you insist on speaking with someone in a position to overturn this decision immediately.
I just spent 2 hrs preparing and scanned materials.
I am going to send/ email the letter based on simon and all of you suggested to uscis regional director, district director, idiot fo director, congresspersons, uscis headquarters, and cis ombudsma tomorrow. I will also talk to congressman' s representative and ombudsma tomorrow.

I will just fight for the justice, no matter what the result might end. Thank you all. If you have any better ideas, please let me know anytime. I will burn the midnight oil to figure how to file a motion. I won't find a lawyer, because you guys are smarter.

I am going to mail the letter based on simon and wreck

I just spent 2 hrs preparing and scanned materials.
I am going to send/ email the letter based on simon and all of you suggested to uscis regional director, district director, idiot fo director, congresspersons, uscis headquarters, and cis ombudsma tomorrow. I will also talk to congressman' s representative and ombudsma tomorrow.

I will just fight for the justice, no matter what the result might end. Thank you all. If you have any better ideas, please let me know anytime. I will burn the midnight oil to figure how to file a motion. I won't find a lawyer, because you guys are smarter.

You go girl (you are a girl - right???)!

In a sense it is simple. They have VERY CLEARLY made a mistake, the only hurdle for you is to get someone at the FO to have the sense and the guts to admit they messed up....

You go girl (you are a girl - right???)!

In a sense it is simple. They have VERY CLEARLY made a mistake, the only hurdle for you is to get someone at the FO to have the sense and the guts to admit they messed up....
Yup, sad and lonely, but still hopeful.

This is ridiculous. The FO Director apparently hasn't heard of the early filing Memo. Is the Ombudsman's office still supposed to get back to you? I Know you have an infopass on Thur, but if you can attempt a walk in tomorrow. Contact your congressperson, speak with a lawyer, send in the letter Simon drafted. There isn't a lot of time left, you need to get moving real fast!

Thanks Mom, the Ombudsman's office emailed me last friday said the FO office informed them a decision has been made last Friday. Ombudsman's office said the case will be closed today since FO has made a decision. They won't follow up anymore. They pressured the FO fore sure. I wonder if Ombudsman's office can deal with poor decision the FO made.

I just wonder if filing 45 days is against the law which is not, why they still interviewed me and waited for 5 months' review after filing and came up with a lousy nonsense denial reason. It is insane and doesn't make any sense.

I am sorry to hear this @jj777 not that I think you won't be given a green card but for this nonsense they put you through! Even if filing early was a problem with your case and the new memo didn't exist the personnel working at the Chicago lockbox center should have immediately rejected/returned your file. Early submission of AOS packages is not unheard-of and this is the way they are supposed to handle it! Be polite but as firm as you can during your appointment. It is your legal right to ask to talk with a supervisor if you feel you are not being helped properly.

Your file was handled by pure idiots. Follow the plan you've laid out, get everyone involved and take the day off and show up there if you have to. Get somebody's attention (in a good way) and make you case. Don't give up until this decision is reversed and your green card is in your hands. Stay focused on that and that alone, don't give in to the frustration. We are all cheering you on and praying for a good outcome

I was rejected by their AOS Supervisor and Director signed the decision notice. If I had submitted out of the legal application time, the Chicago lockbox would have rejected me, not until the last minute after biometrics, interview, background checks, etc.. Thanks for your support. I am still mailing out the letters. It is SHOWTIME.

I will keep you posted, thank you for the advice.
I'm really shocked !
So sad about your out-come.
We all support you, fight them hard.

Mom and Abby so I called the FO office today and they told me my case is approved and they just updated the system and they I should be receiving the notification in mail.

Remember the above post? :rolleyes:

all, I'm happy to report that my status moved to Decision. Does that mean that a visa has been requested for me ?

And now you ask, 'does it mean that a visa has been requested for me'?

Hmm! O ye of little faith, stop doubting :p Your visa was requested when they told you you where approved.

Congratulations! Now look forward to getting the GC in the mail ;)