• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Availab

There are a few people here that seem to think they were "promised 2NLs" by or on the 15th. That isn't accurate, so whilst they are probably close to releasing the 2NLs, it is not because of the date...

In that case, I will be patient and try and stop thinking about it! We may not even get a November interview as we submitted our form mid July :(

It was on Draegers at Danville. Nice store but pricey. It actually felt like the food court at Selfridges in LONDON, Row Upon row of interesting stuff. We popped in for milk and left with two bags and minus 250 bucks.

Am I right in interpreting that this is because of the new online DS260 causing backlogs, and in previous years we would have been fine?

Not entirely. The new process started almost 3 weeks after usual and to some extent, being new, might have caused slight backlogs. However, if you look at previous years, you will notice there is usually a slowish start - and the delay in processing forms is probably a part of that.

Well I just received my Police clearance/ Criminal history report from NZ.
Apart for the meth lab they busted me for in the 80's and the BNZ heist in the early 90's Im pretty clean.

I am a little concerned at how bland their report is. Their header, my personal info and their signature.
Anyone could knock one of these up in 5 seconds or pull one out of a Kornflakes box.
Any other Kiwi's received one of these yet?
BTW I requested this 02 Sept and received in BNE today. Shame we arent as quick in the amazing race :(

Not entirely. The new process started almost 3 weeks after usual and to some extent, being new, might have caused slight backlogs. However, if you look at previous years, you will notice there is usually a slowish start - and the delay in processing forms is probably a part of that.

Just when I think i've got it figured out about how the DV process works, there's always something to prove me wrong :p So you're CN can go current for a particular month, but you still may not get an interview! I wish we'd known to try and get our form in earlier..but I guess noone predicted a start of 400 and 500 in Oct/Nov :p

Good to hear first hand that their turnaround time is within the stated 4 weeks.

Apart for the meth lab they busted me for in the 80's and the BNZ heist in the early 90's Im pretty clean.

I am a little concerned at how bland their report is. Their header, my personal info and their signature.
Anyone could knock one of these up in 5 seconds or pull one out of a Kornflakes box.
BTW I requested this 02 Sept and received in BNE today. Shame we arent as quick in the amazing race :(

Yeah mine was exactly the same.
I've also just received instruction from the Consulate in Auckland and it states we must supply "Evidence of your funds/assets and CV/Resume to enable you to support yourself in the US". Also we need to fill out and return a ACK/IV/p4i form, photos, copy of passport and originals and copies of all other personal documents PRIOR to our appointment. This seems to have changed from previous years?

Yeah mine was exactly the same.
I've also just received instruction from the Consulate in Auckland and it states we must supply "Evidence of your funds/assets and CV/Resume to enable you to support yourself in the US". Also we need to fill out and return a ACK/IV/p4i form, photos, copy of passport and originals and copies of all other personal documents PRIOR to our appointment. This seems to have changed from previous years?

Thanks for that Tonis,
what in the heck is a ACK/IV/p4i form and what is it in relation to..........and, where do you get it from?
I just googled it and found nothing.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Tonis,
what in the heck is a ACK/IV/p4i form and what is it in relation to..........and, where do you get it from?
I just googled it and found nothing.

The Auckland consulate sent it to me as part of a package, along with medical forms and instructions. The form asks for your address in the US and asks you to attach a photocopy of passports and two passport photos. It may be unique to NZ perhaps?

The Auckland consulate sent it to me as part of a package, along with medical forms and instructions. The form asks for your address in the US and asks you to attach a photocopy of passports and two passport photos. It may be unique to NZ perhaps?

Hmmmmm..... interesting. Thanks Tonis.
I gathered the ACK probably stands for Auckland.
Are they asking you to mail ALL your documents before the interview? If so I havent heard of that before.
Will be interesting to hear back from those who have received their instructions for Sydney.

Wow........ the count down is on for you. Awesome! best of luck my fellow Kiwi-ite. May the force be with you!! :)

Hmmmmm..... interesting. Thanks Tonis.
I gathered the ACK probably stands for Auckland.
Are they asking you to mail ALL your documents before the interview? If so I havent heard of that before.
Will be interesting to hear back from those who have received their instructions for Sydney.

Wow........ the count down is on for you. Awesome! best of luck my fellow Kiwi-ite. May the force be with you!! :)

Yes, it sure is :) The consulate have asked for the form, passport photos, passport photocopy of descriptive page, together with originals and one copy of ALL OTHER PERSONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED, for review. They only ask you to bring passports with 8 months validity and any recent expired passports including other nationalities, Fees and a courier packet for passports to the interview.

Still waiting for an 2NL interview confirmation, assuming there is something wrong our application considering our case number was so low 2015OC4x and our DS260s were all done by June 10. :-(

Still waiting for an 2NL interview confirmation, assuming there is something wrong our application considering our case number was so low 2015OC4x and our DS260s were all done by June 10. :-(

We are in the same boat but don't worry - KCC told us we will be called up Nov ( my husband 2015OC7X, me 2015OC7XX, forms in June 9th). Just waiting for this months release of 2NLs. They confirmed for us that the DS260 forms were all OK so you could call them if you are worried...its a terrible feeling and waiting is driving me crazy!!

KCC said it depends on when you put your form in. That is how people with higher numbers are getting interviews before those with lower numbers...

Wow it sounds like KCC is really struggling to process the DS260 forms. This makes me worried that interviews are going to keep being pushed back if they are already lagging behind...

We are in the same boat but don't worry - KCC told us we will be called up Nov ( my husband 2015OC7X, me 2015OC7XX, forms in June 9th). Just waiting for this months release of 2NLs. They confirmed for us that the DS260 forms were all OK so you could call them if you are worried...its a terrible feeling and waiting is driving me crazy!!

KCC said it depends on when you put your form in. That is how people with higher numbers are getting interviews before those with lower numbers...

Thanks for this, good to know. :)

Wow - both of you getting picked with low and relatively low CNs, that's pretty lucky! I'm wondering whether you've just decided to pursue the lower case number, or did you put two sets of DS260s in for both case numbers?

Wow - both of you getting picked with low and relatively low CNs, that's pretty lucky! I'm wondering whether you've just decided to pursue the lower case number, or did you put two sets of DS260s in for both case numbers?
We put in both cases (on the advice of KCC) my husband is applying on the basis of work experience (and me education) so we just wanted a back up...my husband fits the criteria but just in case for some reason he is refused, we both applied.