Asylum denied in USA

tundrocrk

Me, my wife and my daughter went to USA on a F1 (student) visa in the year 2000, we are from Venezuela, after a 5 years with the student visa and the situation started going nuts in Venezuela we decided to apply for political asylum which was denied in the year 2008 because we didn't apply within the first year of arrival to the US, we immediately appealed the court decision in federal level and in the meantime we applied for the Canadian skilled worker permanent resident card at the same time. The appeal was denied but my Canadian PR card was approved. I had a work permit in the US until July 2009. We left the USA and came to Canada one month before in June 2009. After 4 years being out the USA, We became Canadian Citizens and I tried recently to visit the USA for shopping, and I got refused in the border due my past. The officer asked me to fill a motion to re-open the case but I don't understand why he wants me to do that. Does anybody know what is the process to remove this past from my file? I'm very happy here in Canada and I don't have any intention to live or work in the USA, but I would like to visit my close family and friends and go sometime for shopping or vacation. can somebody help?

PS. when we applied to the political asylum, I was under an L1 visa approved with a new I-94 for 1 year, but the lawyer didn't add my wife and my daughter in the application. Their F1 visa expired 6 months before the political asylum application.

please help, best regards, Tun