N 600 K

Kats

Hi! I am filing N600K for my young sons and I have a question about filling out the form. Specifically in question 8 of Part 3 it mentions the certificate of citizenship number. I am a US citizen (I have a passport) and have been so since my birth abroad but I do not have the required years of physical presence so I am using my mother as a qualifying grandparent. Do I need a certificate of citizenship for myself or is my passport enough? Thanks a million!

You would put "none". Your passport is enough. Though you probably also have a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and including a copy of that would help too. The form is kind of strange because almost all people who were born abroad to U.S. citizen parents have a CRBA, but there is no space to enter the information for CRBA.

newacct, thanks so much for the quick and precise reply! Your help is very much appreciated!

Hi, excuse me, first if i can know, how is it going your N-600K application ??
Then your mother (the grandmother) was born in the US ?? My father (grandfather) is a naturalized but can not find his certificate, to not make the duplicate, that it costs so much, we are using the passport copies, the old ones and the new one. can you tell me if you are good, you know something ??

Thank you