Usa green card lottery is a scam!

lotteryisscam

Have you ever ask yourself why United States organize green card lottery every year? What is their interest? Are they doing this only because they are so generous and human to give chance to people from all over the world to be elected and live and work in the US? Do they really need 50.000 imigrants every year and for what, to help their economy :confused: What good 50.000 mostly non skilled, non educated and poor people can bring to USA? Cheap labor maybe, but they already have more than enough cheap illegal immigrants.
This country would never do anything and waste time to help someone, or to make someone else a favor if they don't see any interest. That is the case with green card lottery. Millions of people are applying for nonimigrant (tourist) visa every year and big percent of them have immigrant intention. 50.000 green cards (if they really ellect that many) is nothing in compare of how many illegal immigrants they prevent to enter in the US territory every year with this system (fishing bait).
When someone apply for a green card lottery US government automatically have him in the system as a potential immigrant (for life probably), as a matter of fact you are signing in to their list of potential immigrants more than you are applying for lottery, lottery is just a mask. It's a small chance that you will ever be elected on green card lottery, but you can say goodbye to visiting US as a tourist for entire life probably.
When applying for the US tourist visa, applicant must provide documents that prove his strong connection with the country of residence, which is permanent employment, property that applicant owns, martial status etc. everything that is needed to convince them that you will come back after short visiting US. After applicant provide all of that, it's looks like there is no reason his nonimigrant visa should be refused, but after they check in the system and see he was applying for lottery their first thought is that visa applicant is not very satisfied with his life in his country of residence and would gladly stay in the US if he has a chance. That explains unexplained tourist visa refusals to people who collect every single piece of document that is necessary and more of that. Maybe some people from better developed countries who applied for lottery eventually get a visa, but people from poor countries that apply for lottery can say goodbye to ever visiting US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you both for sharing your thoughts. That was exactly the question that I was looking for. My cuban parents have lived in Dominican Republic for 15 years and they now are eager to apply for B1/B2 visa (tourist visa) to visit the US but they also want to get their shot with the DL/2016 and I wasn't sure if this would be a problem when applying for the tourist US visa.
I think they shouldn't apply for the DV/2016 to avoid conflict because all that you said above makes absolute sense to me. usamommy2015 I am glad that you got your B2 US visa without problem but I believe that is a long shot, I wish you the best.

Thank you both for sharing your thoughts. That was exactly the question that I was looking for. My cuban parents have lived in Dominican Republic for 15 years and they now are eager to apply for B1/B2 visa (tourist visa) to visit the US but they also want to get their shot with the DL/2016 and I wasn't sure if this would be a problem when applying for the tourist US visa.
I think they shouldn't apply for the DV/2016 to avoid conflict because all that you said above makes absolute sense to me. usamommy2015 I am glad that you got your B2 US visa without problem but I believe that is a long shot, I wish you the best.

Just so that you understand. The first post is a complete load of garbage written by someone who knows nothing about the process and clearly has a grudge of some sort. Getting a temporary visa after applying for the DV lottery (and not winning) is perfectly fine - there is almost no impact. Remember, the person applying for the B1/B2 visa has to show that they have ties to home. That really does not change by entering a lottery.

http://britsimonsays.com/why-america-runs-green-card-lottery/

Thanks a lot Britsimon, after reading your post and your link content I feel more confident in the process and that there is not any conflict in applying for B1/B2 visa after applying for the DV lottery.