• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2015-DV selected..

ManOnTheGo

Hello,

Would someone be kind enough to try and help me further...

I received notification on 1st May, 2014, for selection of further processing DV-2015, though, misunderstood the need to complete DS-260 immigration Visa and Alien Application process, which I have now done and sent on 31st Aug 2014. My question - is there something more I need to do? As I keep reading about how others are completing and sending forms and photographs to KCC. (But, for 21015 is that also necessary, I am a little confused!)

I have a case number 2015OC00000xx between 970-990. I have entered by Australia, with London as a possible interview date. I am not sure when a possible interview date would be as I am new here and still reading through the threads. Might anyone know?

Also, a question, unfortunately, last year on a trip to the USA, I managed to overstay on the ESTA for 34 days and it was denied thereafter. Then earlier this year (Feb 14) I applied for a tourist visa, which was declined by an Embassy guy that was very challenging towards me having, unintentionally, broken the law by over staying. Does someone think this will impact my chances?

I otherwise, meet the education and the financial requirements.

I am finding this forum highly informative, though, thought I would ask if anyone had any further guidance. Thank you and wish everyone well on their applications and interviews. :)

Even though you just submitted your DS form, it's not too late. Your CN isn't likely to become current before Apr 2015 so there is plenty of time for KCC to process and schedule you for an interview when your number becomes current.

Tempting as it may be, it's never a good idea to overstay one's duration of stay as you're beginning to find out. You accrued unlawful presence by that overstay, I don't think a B1/B2 would ever have been approved for you again. The good news is because your overstay is less than 180 days, you're not subjected to a 3 year bar, so your IV application should be approved. However the CO May grill you a bit more closely at the time of your interview. Be sure to taker whatever evidence you have as proof of departure when you attend your interview.

Agree with what Mom says above.

Regarding the overstay, if questioned, it would be better to just accept responsibility for the overstay as a silly mistake - rather than mentioned "unintentional". Unintentional would mean explanations like you were planning to depart, got into an accident and was in a coma for 30+ days. :rolleyes:Other than that, it is very hard to accept a characterization of the the even being something you did not intend. So - as Mom says, your DV shouldn't be affected so it is MUCH better to be honest and contrite from the outset.

Hello,

Would someone be kind enough to try and help me further...

I received notification on 1st May, 2014, for selection of further processing DV-2015, though, misunderstood the need to complete DS-260 immigration Visa and Alien Application process, which I have now done and sent on 31st Aug 2014. My question - is there something more I need to do? As I keep reading about how others are completing and sending forms and photographs to KCC. (But, for 21015 is that also necessary, I am a little confused!)

I have a case number 2015OC00000xx between 970-990. I have entered by Australia, with London as a possible interview date. I am not sure when a possible interview date would be as I am new here and still reading through the threads. Might anyone know?

Also, a question, unfortunately, last year on a trip to the USA, I managed to overstay on the ESTA for 34 days and it was denied thereafter. Then earlier this year (Feb 14) I applied for a tourist visa, which was declined by an Embassy guy that was very challenging towards me having, unintentionally, broken the law by over staying. Does someone think this will impact my chances?

I otherwise, meet the education and the financial requirements.

I am finding this forum highly informative, though, thought I would ask if anyone had any further guidance. Thank you and wish everyone well on their applications and interviews. :)

I am somewhat worried that you did not understand the need to submit a DS260 and now seem to be confused about what to do when. It is all quite clear in the instructions so may I suggest that before you start asking the internet for further guidance you ensure that you have clearly read all the instructions , perhaps you should make a spreadsheet of what needs to be done when to help you.

I hope sm1smmom is right and that your overstay won't affect your visa. It certainly won't help the case. I trust you answered the relevant question on the Ds260 truthfully. I don't think any consular official is going to accept the argument that you "unintentionally" broke the law by overstaying. You would have been assumed to have read and understood the conditions of the ESTA when you applied for it.

hi! I was selected for further processing for dv 2015 but made a mistake on my d.o.b initially. my documents and passport all have my real d.o.b,
which of the two should I use when filling the on line ds260 and when will this case # AF 7100 be called for interview? thanks in advance.

hi! I was selected for further processing for dv 2015 but made a mistake on my d.o.b initially. my documents and passport all have my real d.o.b,
which of the two should I use when filling the on line ds260 and when will this case # AF 7100 be called for interview? thanks in advance.

You must use your accurate date of birth. Using the wrong DOB will most certainly cause denial because you will not be able to show documents to match. Is the mistake on the original entry "explainable", because they will accept some changes but they might suspect some sort of fraud unless you have a good explanation.

yes the mistake is on the initial entry from oct. 2013. the process was done for me by a friend am realy confused.

yes the mistake is on the initial entry from oct. 2013. the process was done for me by a friend am realy confused.

There is nothing to be confused about.

You don't have a birth certificate, passport or any other documents to support the other birthdate. So - you cannot use the incorrect date of birth.

YOU are responsible for your eDV submission, so the fact that your friend did it still your problem. Once you correct it (which you MUST) they will cross check your correct birthdate against all the other entries to make sure you weren't trying to submit multiple applications. If you did do that you will obviously be disqualified, but if you have in the meantime submitted the DS260 you might then be considered to be committing immigration fraud which is a serious matter.

Be more specific. Precisely what kind of mistake was made? Wrong month, wrong day or wrong year? Or was an an entirely different D.O.B used?

Is that possible? A friend of mine who is a photographer did the entry for me

Did your "friend" charge you for entry? Why did they use the wrong date of birth? Was there any other information entered that was incorrect?

I don't know for sure but if the date of birth was entirely wrong I suspect you may have a problem. It will certainly raise a red flag. Do you have a common name or not so much?

he did asked for some amount of money. when I asked him about the d.o.b he said it was a mistake and could be corrected by swearing an affidavit, all other entries including name, address, place or birth etc are correct

need advice on what to do cuz I don't want to be seen as a criminal and loss the chance of ever entering the U S

An entirely different d.o.b was used. Getting worried

he did asked for some amount of money. when I asked him about the d.o.b he said it was a mistake and could be corrected by swearing an affidavit, all other entries including name, address, place or birth etc are correct

That is looking like a costly mistake. You obviously can't complete the process by continuing to use the wrong D.O.B. On the on other hand once the correct D.O.B. is listed and submitted on the DS-260 form, KCC is likely to flag the discrepancy and bring it to the CO's attention when the case file gets sent to the embassy. What to do? I don't know, but I guess you may submit the form with the correct date if you wish to continue the process and hope your friend did not submit more than one entry in your name. If you have a name commonly used by people from your country, coupled with the 2 different D.O.B, be aware that is likely going to raise a red flag too when your background check is conducted.

How can one be able to submit multiple entries when the state department employs sophisticated technology and other means to identify individuals who submit multiple entries during the registration period. Am kind of confused, taking in to account the same face , name , address etc.