Green Card naturlization under 319b- Canadian PR- taxes

tapas77

GC holder trough wife in Sept 2011. Trips outside US, total are 9. Two of which, I stayed outside USA for 186 and 197 days. Trips back to USA, 2 of them, I stayed in USA for a day. Total days lived in USA 9 months out of 3 years. Wife accepted a job on FEb 2103 in a research inistitute recognized by USA attorney general which qualifies me to expeditious naturalization under 319b. Application sent twice and returned for being incomplete, either amount on check is wrong or updated N-400.

ON mar 2013, I got my Canadian PR. I only visited Canada twice since then only for 2 months (both travels). I am not planning to live in Canada until I get US citizenship.

I filled US taxes for the past 3 years but I did it myself, if there is error on taxes, will it be a problem with immigration? Will they notify IRS? Do I need to make a public accountant double check taxes before filing?

I have proof of rent, car registeration, bank accounts, credit card statements, ....

If an error on your tax return results in you having overdue taxes, you'll need to pay the taxes or work out a payment plan with the IRS before naturalization. One of the requirements of naturalization is that you have paid all taxes which are due or at least have a payment plan arranged with the IRS and are making the payments.

Will immigration officer take a scrutiny on tax transcript or they just take a look to see whether you filed taxes or not since you become LPR?

They sometimes scrutinize the tax transcripts, resulting in some individuals having their naturalization cases put on hold while sorting out the tax issues. But they are not tax experts, so they generally only look for obvious discrepancies like a married applicant who filed taxes as single, or somebody who claimed 4 children on their tax return but listed only 2 or 3 on the naturalization application.

If you don't have any blatant issues like that, and you filed your taxes and the IRS accepted your returns without them or your accountant telling you that you still owe something, don't worry about it.