• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Thanks for asking @wreck_it_ralph . Nothing new. On last Thursday a congressional request was sent on my behalf to Nebraska Service Center which schedules the bio appointment and requests the background check. I also emailed the email address for FBI check name inquiries on their website twice. Haven't heard back about any of them yet....
OK. Keep us updated. As I said no news from KCC either.

Congratulations Betty, and thank you for acknowledging us. Do enjoy your new LPR status!!
Thank you so much Mom. I sincerely thank you for your support. I couldn't be more blessed having you always armed with accurate and up-to-date information. You are genuinely amazing! I wish you success and happiness in all your pursuits. I'll finish by saying to you: "May the best of the past be the worst of the future!"

I am not the first one to say this, like I was hoping to be, but sincerely : "Welcome To The Club !!!"
Just beyond happy for you and your family !
Well deserved and well done !!!
Enjoy this new feeling of freedom :) !

Thank You!

Oh boy :) It's feels like ages ago when we joined the forum one by one. And finally, here is the long awaited moment. Congrats man! Enjoy every moment of it.

It has been a long time coming....

Btw thanks for posting this pic! I did not want to die before seeing that last circle on the right being blue! ;)

Ha - you'll see your own soon...

Sooooo happy for You!!!!! :))))))) when it will shows a tracking number for us there? :)

I don't think they send by courier - so no I am not expecting a tracking number - others may know different!

I don't think they send by courier - so no I am not expecting a tracking number - others may know different!

Yep, they do. If you signed up online for case tracking, you will be notified by text/email of when the welcome letter and the card gets mailed. You will also see the tracking number online when the card gets mailed, they just don't require a signature when it's delivered.

Ahh ok - this is my first time! :oops:
Our timeline:
  • USCIS mailed our actual cards 6 days after the interview, providing tracking number on their status website (all under Card/Document production blue dot)
  • Cards sent by USPS Priority Mail 2 day service, just left in the mailbox (single house), no signature requested
  • So, GC in our possession 8 days after the interview
I made print screens of the whole thing, as a memory! Crazy, I know...but could not help it :) !

OK - interview complete. All ok and he said he is pulling the visa today from IVAMSWEB (he was very aware of my letter) - I had STUPIDLY put a document in my aos packet which is aptitude certificate for entry to University. That document is in Spanish and although it wasn't a required document (because she had a US degree and so on) it DOES NEED a translation. I knew that. Stooopid me. Anyway - the IO wants that faxed in today and will then approve/complete the case today.
Congrats:)
Like I said over a month ago you are 100% safe and I still believe that this process will go until the last day September 30.They had our case in hand in the field office and already received the KCC files. The only thing left is to schedule and appointment which the director of dv unit thinks that it will happen in 10 days and she claims we are still safe.
Simon, did your case status stayed as acceptance only until today or did you have any other status changes by this time?

Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

View attachment 144
Congratulations, Simon!!! Happy for all three of you!!!
You are the key figure on this forum. It would be so much harder to get through the whole year of preparing for the final day. I can relate to you because my cn EU34XXX is close to yours. There were many nervous days of grim scientific predictions from Raevsky. There was amusement of reading Sloner's posts. At some point the whole forum seemed forgot the reason we are here. KFC, Sir Piercy, trip to Siberia.
You were sanity, humor, guidance, advice, hope and realistic.

I think that I owe you for my speedy Interview->GC process (current July, interview Jul 28, GC arrived in mail Aug2). After you described your expedite request on July 3 - I called to USCIS on July 8 closely following your instructions. And it worked!

Thank you million times!
By the way what is the story behind nick sir piercy? Let me guess - is it a horse? ha-ha!

Like I said over a month ago you are 100% safe and I still believe that this process will go until the last day September 30.They had our case in hand in the field office and already received the KCC files. The only thing left is to schedule and appointment which the director of dv unit thinks that it will happen in 10 days and she claims we are still safe.
Simon, did your case status stayed as acceptance only until today or did you have any other status changes by this time?

Well I haven't been checking (because I knew it might flick about) - but because of your post I just checked - it now says Decision. I'm not getting updates - it comes when it comes....

Thanks Tony. You may be right - but to be sure - do try to get the appointment as soon as poss. The CEAC data is a bit sobering....

Congratulations, Simon!!! Happy for all three of you!!!
You are the key figure on this forum. It would be so much harder to get through the whole year of preparing for the final day. I can relate to you because my cn EU34XXX is close to yours. There were many nervous days of grim scientific predictions from Raevsky. There was amusement of reading Sloner's posts. At some point the whole forum seemed forgot the reason we are here. KFC, Sir Piercy, trip to Siberia.
You were sanity, humor, guidance, advice, hope and realistic.

I think that I owe you for my speedy Interview->GC process (current July, interview Jul 28, GC arrived in mail Aug2). After you described your expedite request on July 3 - I called to USCIS on July 8 closely following your instructions. And it worked!

Thank you million times!
By the way what is the story behind nick sir piercy? Let me guess - is it a horse? ha-ha!

Glad the expedite worked for you. My FO were unimpressed by the expedite (although to be fair our IO has been very impressive today - he has phoned us twice today, first to wrap up the case and 2nd to let us know the case was approved and secure.

Sir Percy was my nick when I got banned for a while (accidentally banned). The nick was from the character in The Scarlet Pimpernel - https://www.google.com/search?q=sca...JsbwiwL094GQDg&ved=0CEoQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=1099