• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

@kukilaska , I think you should be aware of this: By using the passport from your home country, you are considered to have placed yourself "under the protection of your home country," which is at odds with the claims you made at the time of filing for asylum.

This would be a really serious issue if you still had an active asylum case. Now that you have your GC through DV, hopefully nobody will care. But in the unlikely case that somebody notices this and raises questions about the validity of the claims you made at the time of asylum seeking, you will be at the risk of misrepresentation allegations.

The risk is little, obviously. However, if you want to be 100% safe, wait until you get your American passport.
I know what You are saying but I am sorry, I will not wait next 5 years to just visit the country. I couldn't live there because of the reasons I claimed, not couldn't visit a country. Is many reasons why You want seek Asylum in foregin country, not only because of goverment prosecution like I mentioned before. No worries, I got all knowladge. Our Asylum was pending over 3 years, is very long time. As DV based blessing jump for us winning GC nobody will calculate anything more about it. Is DV based. Because of LPR status now we need to close Asylum case and we do so as soon as we receive our GC. Also if USCIS will ever have any questions we will provide compalling reasons for our return(visit) our home country. We did not see our Family long time. My Mom is very sick, She can not use plane to fly visit me here. I think this is more than enough. But thank You for Your care.

Last edited:
Reactions: CWH
OK - interview complete. All ok and he said he is pulling the visa today from IVAMSWEB (he was very aware of my letter) - I had STUPIDLY put a document in my aos packet which is aptitude certificate for entry to University. That document is in Spanish and although it wasn't a required document (because she had a US degree and so on) it DOES NEED a translation. I knew that. Stooopid me. Anyway - the IO wants that faxed in today and will then approve/complete the case today.
@Simon,

You certainly know how to keep your case suspenseful until-the-very-grand-finale!!!
I hope that requested translated document is already and speedy transmitting via fax as we speak/type!
Keep refreshing your status check bubbles…I am sure the IO will complete your case today upon receiving the document as promised. However, he certainly did not make it easy for your wife and you, but I knew you were ready for it!

Almost there :) !!!

Isn't that funny that the master himself would overlook something like that, LOL. Mom's response says it all, Love it. So so happy for you and your family Simon, I knew with all the time you've devoted to helping us through our own processes, your visas would be easily acquired. What goes around comes back around…Congrats again!

I know what You are saying but I am sorry, I will not wait next 5 years to just visit the country. I couldn't live there because of the reasons I claimed, not couldn't visit a country. Is many reasons why You want seek Asylum in foregin country, not only because of goverment prosecution like I mentioned before. No worries, I got all knowladge. Our Asylum was pending over 3 years, is very long time. As DV based blessing jump for us winning GC nobody will calculate anything more about it. Is DV based. Because of LPR status now we need to close Asylum case and we do so as soon as we receive our GC. Also if USCIS will ever have any questions we will provide compalling reasons for our return(visit) our home country. We did not see our Family long time. My Mom is very sick, She can not use plane to fly visit me here. I think this is more than enough. But thank You for Your care.

No need to be sorry, man. I have no vested interest in this. Good luck!

Oh! Simon!!! :mad::eek::mad:

Slapped-by-Craiglister-YouTube-1.png

Sowwy Mom!

Presumably not your relative (spouse) doing AOS with you though ;)
For AOS, the translation does not have to be done by a professional. It can be done by anybody, as long as it's not a family member, willing to certify they're fluent in both languages being used.
I couldn't find any instruction that prohibits spouses or relatives from translating the documents, but I'd guess it should be somewhere.