• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

@Simon, @Nana sarfo never meant to "kick you out" he was only expressing his opinion. we're all just mere members of this forum trying to help each other. no hard feelings. i would have been very lonely in this DV process without you guys. great to be here.

@Simon, @Nana sarfo never meant to "kick you out" he was only expressing his opinion. we're all just mere members of this forum trying to help each other. no hard feelings. i would have been very lonely in this DV process without you guys. great to be here.
It is good to express our opinions but let try not to step on each others toes.

Simon, there is one thing you should know, life outside Ghana is never easy mostly because you are out of your comfort zone irrespective of where you settle. The issue with host hmmm, I do understand them sometimes for it is not easy to stay with people whether its your family, friend or anybody. Some people by nature prefer to be alone. one thing to know is that there is no free lunch anywhere so living with a host means financial burden. one thing we all have to know also is USA is not heaven:( but better than my homeland, Ghana:). To live a comfortable life abroad depends on your legal working permit and your level of education combined with years of experience. .

By the special grace of God, all winners will have a legal working permit. Here comes the next important issue, the level of education and the years of experience. DO you have only SSSCE, Diploma,Bachelor's degree, Masters degree, doctorate or professorship combined with years of experience? I want to believe it is clear to you as it is to me that all these qualification empowers the holder to have a different lifestyle and finance freedom. My advice to those who have a good job is not to give up their job but ask for leave if possible to enable them travel to process their documents first.

stay bless
@enotina i understand u perfectly about those who have a good job, taking a leave to process their documents. but the problem is one month or two months wouldn't be
enough to assess if u will have a good job here. I had a very good job in ghana. if i had decided to take a leave which i could have, a month or two will be enough to process my documents
but with a good job search it wouldn't. Remember with a green card too, u can't stay out of the U.S for long cos they can revoke the green card if they realize this. So its a matter of sacrifice and risk, u have to make up your mind that if u sacrifice and take the risk to come, u will be ready for any eventuality. To those who have good jobs, i know its a going to be a tough decision as it happened to me, though sometimes i really feel the pain and regret, i have a focus and an aim to achieve. So i always look
at the long term benefit not the short term.

@enotina i understand u perfectly about those who have a good job, taking a leave to process their documents. but the problem is one month or two months wouldn't be
enough to assess if u will have a good job here. I had a very good job in ghana. if i had decided to take a leave which i could have, a month or two will be enough to process my documents
but with a good job search it wouldn't. Remember with a green card too, u can't stay out of the U.S for long cos they can revoke the green card if they realize this. So its a matter of sacrifice and risk, u have to make up your mind that if u sacrifice and take the risk to come, u will be ready for any eventuality. To those who have good jobs, i know its a going to be a tough decision as it happened to me, though sometimes i really feel the pain and regret, i have a focus and an aim to achieve. So i always look
at the long term benefit not the short term.
point well noted. how long does it take for the ssn to arrive?

Yap,lets the forum be vibrant and updated.We are a family..

Pls guys i only step in for them to stop stressing things so kindly pardon me if i did de wrong thing.
Nothing was wrong about your post,only that the discussion could have taken a U turn..I have realized that a lot of people like reading this post as guest and its always good to be moderate.I personally like your contributions.Move on..