• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Hi, DV2015OC000007XX here. Anyone have any idea when interviews start? Champing at the bit here

Hi Deb7a
If you look at previous posts in this forum you will find a lot of info to help and be able to get an idea of when you will have an interview. From memory they are doing up to 400 in October but I urge you to flick through all the pages in this forum.

Good luck!

Hi Deb7a
If you look at previous posts in this forum you will find a lot of info to help and be able to get an idea of when you will have an interview. From memory they are doing up to 400 in October but I urge you to flick through all the pages in this forum.

Good luck!
Thanks, Im beside myself, just like everyone else here

I never said I wasnt going to take the financial docs with me as well, Im simply pointing out that the directions the state gov has given us to follow doesnt state anywhere that we need to bring this info along and is why I was quesitoning it. Im not someone who has thousands of dollars just sitting in my account to prove so Im going to have to look at other steps. I am using my 'noodle'.

What is required is that if asked to demonstrate how you will avoid becoming a public charge you have evidence to explain how you will do that. If you have around $10k per adult that will suffice, but as the FAQ (and the official instructions) explain, you can also use other methods to meet the financial criteria, which for some people includes the I134. So - it isn't a required document, it is one document you may wish to use.

My CN is 6xx. Really hoping for a November interview but will more likely be December or January. Are you interviewing in Auckland?
No, mine will be in Sydney. Hope yours is in November and mine in December. I don't think I can last much longer

I am a little concerned about my education. I thought Id get in for my work, but sadly it is too low a level. Now I'm crapping myself because I left school in year 11. I have a Diploma and an Advanced Diploma, I have assumed they will qualify me. Does anyone know if that will suffice?

I am a little concerned about my education. I thought Id get in for my work, but sadly it is too low a level. Now I'm crapping myself because I left school in year 11. I have a Diploma and an Advanced Diploma, I have assumed they will qualify me. Does anyone know if that will suffice?

You may have a problem. The education needs to be 12 years of elementary and secondary school. Advanced and vocational degrees don't count according to the website.

I never said I wasnt going to take the financial docs with me as well, Im simply pointing out that the directions the state gov has given us to follow doesnt state anywhere that we need to bring this info along and is why I was quesitoning it. Im not someone who has thousands of dollars just sitting in my account to prove so Im going to have to look at other steps. I am using my 'noodle'.

Out of curiosity, if you don't have "thousands of dollars" how do you plan to move to the US? We do have savings, and even still I"m nervous about the costs/getting set up/having money to support ourselves before getting work!

Out of curiosity, if you don't have "thousands of dollars" how do you plan to move to the US? We do have savings, and even still I"m nervous about the costs/getting set up/having money to support ourselves before getting work!

Well I've started saving now until next April when I will activate my visa. I hope to have around 10K in the bank by the time I leave oz, I just don't have the cash now which is why I was questioning bringing things along to the interview that they don't ask for. I only have my self to support and ill hopefully have some kind of job lined up with a rugby league club I'm playing with whilst in Brooklyn for the summer.

Yes, it looks like I may have a problem. That sucks.

You should really look at the information regarding education and work requirements and decide whether it's worth going through the cost (medicals, interview fee etc) if it seems pretty clear that you are not eligible. It sucks if you arent eligible but it'll suck even more if you pay in excess of $500 only to be told so.

Well I've started saving now until next April when I will activate my visa. I hope to have around 10K in the bank by the time I leave oz, I just don't have the cash now which is why I was questioning bringing things along to the interview that they don't ask for. I only have my self to support and ill hopefully have some kind of job lined up with a rugby league club I'm playing with whilst in Brooklyn for the summer.

ozimattskey, you may want to look at getting an "affidavit of support" cranking to take to your interview. I think you will find they are going to want to see $'s available at interview time not 6 months down the road. Just take a deep breath and keep trucking away. It will hopefully come together for you.

Just a bit of info that people may find helpful re wages.

From my experience, depending on where you live, housing can be cheaper than OZ and NZ yet it can be a hell of a lot more.
Food is generally cheaper. When I am in the US I buy organic cheaper than what I buy non organic in Woolies.

Expect a drop in wages for sure. In my line of work I get paid very well in OZ. For the same work in the US I will be dropping 1/2 my income. A little scary but then again money isnt everything..... well not be me.

Have a look at the below link for an idea of minimum wages. Not to say everyone will be on minimum wage.

There is a very good reason why you tip in the US.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-minimum-wage-chart.aspx

ozimattskey, you may want to look at getting an "affidavit of support" cranking to take to your interview. I think you will find they are going to want to see $'s available at interview time not 6 months down the road. Just take a deep breath and keep trucking away. It will hopefully come together for you.

Yeah im not too concerned. My parents are gonna spot me 10k if need be, hopefully the US consulate wont mind seeing a couple of large transfer amounts go through on my bank statement in the next couple of months.

Ah okay, I thought you were moving shortly after interview ... I think it would be helpful to have the money in the bank from your parents for the interview, at least you can then prove to the consulate if you they ask to see documentation.