B2 extention of stay processing time

MohitFL

Registered Users (C)
My mother's I94 expires on Oct 17 2014, which is 45 days from tomorrow.She plans to come back after 3 months again.She has 10 yr B2 visa.
She will leave US, before Oct 17, if there is no response from USCIS or her application is denied.
Shoud I file her extention or not as just 45 days are left and the site says processing time as 2.5 months. I don't want her application approved after she leave USA thus wasting a extention.
Please reply asap as I want to decide by tomorrow.

She will likely not receive a response in that time. If she is going to leave before the I-94 expires, then she doesn't need to apply for an extension. If she wants to stay a little longer, she should just stay. She can stay while the application for extension of stay is pending.

She will leave before, if not approved. She will be out of status if her application is denied and she stays beyond the stamped date on passport.Looks like its best not to apply for extention. Thanks.

Will there be any disadvantage if I still file for extention even though she may not be able to wait for the response?
Like filing extention for the 2nd time, will it be more troublesome and if she want to enter again in 3 months, will be more scrutiny?

She will leave before, if not approved. She will be out of status if her application is denied and she stays beyond the stamped date on passport.Looks like its best not to apply for extention. Thanks.
But for example if she only needs to stay for one more month, then if she files not long before her I-94 expires, then the application will probably not be processed by the time she leaves, and she will not have overstayed.

Not applying extension anymore..
You gave a good way to stay a month or so longer. Because a person would have overstayed beyond the date on passport stamp, I guess the acceptance/denial of visa extension will be sufficient as proof of being in legal status all the time.

My wife is here visiting with me on a B2 visa from South Africa. I have filed 130 for her and everything has been approved and waiting on available visa. Last week we received an email that she's due for a visa interview in South Africa in January. At this time what can we do to continue with the process from here (in the states) without spending money to go back to Africa for the visa? Can we file for a status change from here? I am a permanent resident by the way.