• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC data (Full) 8-1-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Britsimon i'm still worried and confuse for my case bro ,i see no improvement ,but i see some people cases improved ,what is happening to my case nw bro ??sep 30 is around the corner iam sick and stress britsimon...bt i leave everything to Allah to tke control for me...

@Britsimon i'm still worried and confuse for my case bro ,i see no improvement ,but i see some people cases improved ,what is happening to my case nw bro ??sep 30 is around the corner iam sick and stress britsimon...bt i leave everything to Allah to tke control for me...

Yes I have no idea. I hope it gets resolved for you soon.

ameen...but what stand a chance ryt nw britsimon ? I dnt see improvement ryt nw, will they able to finish all cases on Ap before sep30 britsimon, coz dis is a really nightmared i am going through ryt nw bro!! Hve u ever seeing cases be on Ap for long time in the lottery after sep 30 end up refused bro?? Am sicked!!

ameen...but what stand a chance ryt nw britsimon ? I dnt see improvement ryt nw, will they able to finish all cases on Ap before sep30 britsimon, coz dis is a really nightmared i am going through ryt nw bro!! Hve u ever seeing cases be on Ap for long time in the lottery after sep 30 end up refused bro?? Am sicked!!

If an AP case does not get approved before September 30 (or before the visas run out) then the case is finished. Yes we have seen that happen - but we have also seen some cases been approved VERY late in SEptember (I think even on the 30th).

so how u see for my case nw taking closely 4 month nw bro ,sep 6th will make my case 4 month bro, what u want me to do?? And why they put some1 on Ap britsimon ,and even they retained ur passport they wont issue before sep 30 after longtime on Ap??

Ok, I finally had my interview today after a long wait since last May. My case was a little special since I pretty much went through both the AOS and CP processes. I was on H1b visa and thought that it would make most sense to do AOS so that my work wouldn't be interrupted. However, given that I had a pretty high case number, I decided to switch to CP in late May even after I already paid the DV fee and completed the medical exam for AOS purpose.

Alright…enough said…here is my experience throughout the entire process (it’s a pretty long update but I want to be as detail as possible):

5/1/13 – Found out that I was selected with the case number AS00001xxxx

2/10/14 – Sent in form DS122 with 2 photographs

4/7/14 – Received 2nd notification letter from KCC for AOS purpose

4/8/14 – Submit $330 check payment for DV fee

4/18/14 – Received DV Fee payment receipt

5/5/14 – Complete medical exam for AOS purpose

5/21/14 – Checked the May visa bulletin which indicated that my case number would not become current in July. I was worried that I would not have enough time to complete the process on time so decided to switch from AOS to CP. I re-submitted the two photos, DS122, and DS230.

6/12/14 – Checked the June visa bulletin which indicated that my case would be current in August. I called KCC to check my case status. The lady clearly told me that my interview would be in September since they received my paperwork after all the August interviews were scheduled. She also told me that I would receive the 2nd notification letter (interview appointment letter) in the middle of July.

7/15/14 – Received email notice which directed me to the DV website to get the interview appointment letter. According to the letter, my interview would be held on 9/4/14 at the consular office in my country.

8/15/14 - Traveled back to my country

8/19/14 – Obtained police certificate for my country

8/24/14 – Completed medical exam for CP purpose

8/25/14 – Received email notice from the consular office saying that they would not conduct immigrant visa interview on my originally scheduled date and therefore rescheduled me to 9/15/14.

8/26/14 – Responded to the consular office’s email telling them that I already traveled back for the interview on 9/4/14 and postponing the date to 9/15/14 would have a serious impact on my job. I also informed the office that my case was actually current in August and I was fully ready for the interview at any time. I immediately received another notice through email with an updated appointment on 8/28/14.

8/28/14 – I arrived at the consular office 30 mins earlier. My appointment was in the afternoon, and the office was pretty empty when I got there since most interviews were held in the morning. There was a lady who examined the documents I brought pretty carefully and thoroughly. I was able to see her going through the case file received from KCC, which included everything I submitted to KCC including my request to switch to CP. She took my finger prints and instructed me to pay the $330 DV fee for CP. After this was done, I was called by the IO for interview. The IO had me sign the form DS230 in front of him and the interview went like this…

IO: Oh, you work for this company (he looked at my employment letter).
Me: Yes.
IO: When are you going back to the States?
Me: In two weeks.
(IO silently stared at his computer screen for almost two mins and hit several keys)
IO: Ok, congratulations for getting the diversity visa. You’re all set.

This was it. I was very surprised that after a long long wait since last May, the final step was this easy and straight forward. It took me only one hour to go into the consular office, complete the interview, and get back home. I just checked my case on CEAC website and the status turned to “Issued”.

After a long wait and numerous heart attacks since last May, I finally felt a little relieved. I would like to thank everyone here who contributed to this forum, especially mom and simon. I was pretty quiet but had been following you guys’ advice and experiences since I found this forum last May. I would not be able to complete this process without all of you. Again, thank you all. (Simon, I wish you best luck for your interview on 9/2).

Awesomeness!!! And to turn to issued so quickly! Fantastic, congratulations!

so how u see for my case nw taking closely 4 month nw bro ,sep 6th will make my case 4 month bro, what u want me to do?? And why they put some1 on Ap britsimon??

Various reasons dude. It can be more common in countries where official record keeping is not good, or fraud is common. It can also happen in countries where there are terrorism concerns, or if you have travelled to those countries.

okay...britsimon i am on Ap 4 month nw and they retained my passport at the embassy ,what u see stand me a chance ryt nw bro? And before they catching up any amount of visas to the 50,000 visa distributed before the Fy??

Various reasons dude. It can be more common in countries where official record keeping is not good, or fraud is common. It can also happen in countries where there are terrorism concerns, or if you have travelled to those countries.
Right. ... or if personal profile or background identifies IV applicant requiring additional security screening & higher level clearance.

i mean if they going to add another visas to the 50,000visas given ,i dont knw the reason for my Ap right nw ,only God knw..

Status
Not open for further replies.