• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Ok

ell now I feel stupid, thanks for that

you re welcome, no need to feel stupid......... Ive done a similar thing, at least 20 thousand times, the answers are usually staring right at me and I dont see it.
Im finding if I just slow down a little and read and re read over things usually the answer is there.
All the best!

you re welcome, no need to feel stupid......... Ive done a similar thing, at least 20 thousand times, the answers are usually staring right at me and I dont see it.
Im finding if I just slow down a little and read and re read over things usually the answer is there.
All the best!
Good advise, I think the amount of paperwork when you're doing this for three people can be quite overwhelming, making a head start on exact locations for living now, we were heading to Texas but someone earlier mentioned North Carolina, Charlotte, I have been researching Huntersville just above Charlotte and it looks lovely, lots of research to go yet:)

Does anyone really think its necessary to bring along bank statements to the interview supporting how much money you have in your account? Cant see where it says this is necessary to do so but Ive noticed some people on this forum saying to take it in? Any proven cases where its worth to take them in? Got my interview on October and this is the final question I hope!

I'm going to take a bank statement along, just in case. I think it's better to have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it!

Hi all, thanks in advance for any light you can shed. This forum has been so helpful!

I have a slightly different situation as I'm a New Zealander who is currently living in the UK so will complete my interview in London.

I'm aware I need to have an NZ police check which seems easy enough to obtain and will cover the period up until I left the country so should be fine for the interview. I'm just a little confused regarding the UK police check. At the time of my interview (I've estimated it will be around May) I would have been living in the UK for more than 6 months so will require a Police Check. However, I'm aware that if I apply for it around December/January when it comes time for the interview the Police Check will not cover my entire period of residency in the UK. But if I leave it later to apply it may not come in time.

Information on the embassy website states that the police check is valid for 12 months so does this mean it will be okay? I've tried to email both the UK embassy and the KCC but they didn't seem to be able to help. Does anyone know if I will be okay if I apply for the police check a few months prior to my interview?

Hopefully this makes sense!

Does anyone really think its necessary to bring along bank statements to the interview supporting how much money you have in your account? Cant see where it says this is necessary to do so but Ive noticed some people on this forum saying to take it in? Any proven cases where its worth to take them in? Got my interview on October and this is the final question I hope!

It is well covered in the law and official rules, but if you don't want to dredge through all that, just check the DV2015 instructions. There is a FAQ and the financial support question is about the last one. q37 from memory.

Hi all, thanks in advance for any light you can shed. This forum has been so helpful!

I have a slightly different situation as I'm a New Zealander who is currently living in the UK so will complete my interview in London.

I'm aware I need to have an NZ police check which seems easy enough to obtain and will cover the period up until I left the country so should be fine for the interview. I'm just a little confused regarding the UK police check. At the time of my interview (I've estimated it will be around May) I would have been living in the UK for more than 6 months so will require a Police Check. However, I'm aware that if I apply for it around December/January when it comes time for the interview the Police Check will not cover my entire period of residency in the UK. But if I leave it later to apply it may not come in time.

Information on the embassy website states that the police check is valid for 12 months so does this mean it will be okay? I've tried to email both the UK embassy and the KCC but they didn't seem to be able to help. Does anyone know if I will be okay if I apply for the police check a few months prior to my interview?

Hopefully this makes sense!

You have misunderstood the rules. You need a foreign police report after being in a country for 12 months.

It is well covered in the law and official rules, but if you don't want to dredge through all that, just check the DV2015 instructions. There is a FAQ and the financial support question is about the last one. q37 from memory.

Im not quite sure where this info is.

oh just found this

MISCELLANEOUS
37. If I receive a visa through the DV program, will the U.S. government pay for my airfare to the United States, help me find housing and employment, and/or provide healthcare or any subsidies until I am fully settled?
No. The U.S. government will not provide any of these services to you if you receive a visa through the DV program. If you are selected to apply for a DV, you will be required to provide evidence that you will not become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa. This evidence may be in the form of a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) submitted by a relative or friend residing in the United States, an offer of employment from an employer in the United States, or other evidence.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support.html

If you dont have sufficient funds to show with a bank statement you can always do the AOS.

Think of it from the US Govt point of view.
They dont want people coming in who are going to be struggling and need financial support. It is expensive there....health insurance etc
They want to see you can support yourself.
Dont mean to be rude but really its a no brainer you NEED to show you have money!

Establish Financial Support
About the Affidavit of Support
The Affidavit of Support (AOS) is a legal contract required by U.S. law between the petitioner (sponsor) of an immigrant visa applicant and the U.S. government. It ensures that the visa applicant has adequate means of financial support and is unlikely to become a public charge after entering the United States. The sponsor for the prospective immigrant must establish he or she has the means to financially support the intending immigrant(s), if necessary. For full information about Affidavit of Support requirements, forms, and whether an Affidavit of Support is required for you, reviewAffidavit of Support on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

Last edited:
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support.html

Establish Financial Support
About the Affidavit of Support
The Affidavit of Support (AOS) is a legal contract required by U.S. law between the petitioner (sponsor) of an immigrant visa applicant and the U.S. government. It ensures that the visa applicant has adequate means of financial support and is unlikely to become a public charge after entering the United States. The sponsor for the prospective immigrant must establish he or she has the means to financially support the intending immigrant(s), if necessary. For full information about Affidavit of Support requirements, forms, and whether an Affidavit of Support is required for you, reviewAffidavit of Support on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

Yeah but I'm sure you didnt do the previous steps as per below. Look I think it cant hurt to take them along it just doesnt say anywhere under the diversity visa program that its required.

Petition Submit a Petition
After Your Petition is Approved Check Priority Date
Begin National Visa Center Processing
Submit Documents to NVC Establish Financial Support
Submit Visa Application and Supporting Documents
Interview Prepare for the Interview
Visa Applicant Interview
After the Interview

Yeah but I'm sure you didnt do the previous steps as per below. Look I think it cant hurt to take them along it just doesnt say anywhere under the diversity visa program that its required.

Petition Submit a Petition
After Your Petition is Approved Check Priority Date
Begin National Visa Center Processing
Submit Documents to NVC Establish Financial Support
Submit Visa Application and Supporting Documents
Interview Prepare for the Interview
Visa Applicant Interview
After the Interview

Again I dont mean to be rude.............. its called research...... using ones noodle and thinking outside the box a little.
Ozimattskey, I am applying through work experience. Nowhere on the site does it tell me EXACTLY what documents I need to support my application.
I am scrambling and researching, asking Q's when I cant find answers, reading previous forums.

AGAIN....... think of it from their point!

One other thing.... there is a "search" box at the top of the US web page I just typed in "financial support".
Chances are if you think you may need a particular doc you probably will. I say go with everything you can muster. If you dont need it than no problem.
Best of luck!

Picture 1.png

Last edited:
Again I dont mean to be rude.............. its called research...... using ones noodle and thinking outside the box a little.
Ozimattskey, I am applying through work experience. Nowhere on the site does it tell me EXACTLY what documents I need to support my application.
I am scrambling and researching, asking Q's when I cant find answers, reading previous forums.

AGAIN....... think of it from their point!

One other thing.... there is a "search" box at the top of the US web page I just typed in "financial support".
Chances are if you think you may need a particular doc you probably will. I say go with everything you can muster. If you dont need it than no problem.
Best of luck!

I never said I wasnt going to take the financial docs with me as well, Im simply pointing out that the directions the state gov has given us to follow doesnt state anywhere that we need to bring this info along and is why I was quesitoning it. Im not someone who has thousands of dollars just sitting in my account to prove so Im going to have to look at other steps. I am using my 'noodle'.

I never said I wasnt going to take the financial docs with me as well, Im simply pointing out that the directions the state gov has given us to follow doesnt state anywhere that we need to bring this info along and is why I was quesitoning it. Im not someone who has thousands of dollars just sitting in my account to prove so Im going to have to look at other steps. I am using my 'noodle'.

You are welcome, so glad to be of help.