OCI transfer to new passport in SFO consulate

pb74

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My kid has got a new US passport. The U visa and OCI booket has his photo when he was 6 months old. He will be 7 years soon. So there are lot of changes to his facial structure. So I think I should transfer his visa to new US passport to be on the safe side. We are planning to travel to India in Xmas vacation. So I think I have plenty of time to transfer his visa to the new passport.

But there have been scary stories of SFO consulate losing passports and such. Hence I am wondering if anyone has gotten this done by personally visiting the embassy. Can I go to SFO consulate one day and get it done on the same day if possible. Has anyone done this? Is this a kind of service that they entertain in-person? What kind of paperwork is required?

Thanks in advance.

Let me try this again. Has anyone done the OCI transfer process recently at SFO? How was the experience?

Looks like there are instructions available on the web to carry out the procedure: http://mha1.nic.in/pdfs/GuidelinesOCI.pdf
But I still have some questions:
1. What all information needs to be filled on the application form?
2. For a minor kid, who should sign the form? Is fingerprint required for minor kid?