June 2014 - Citizenship tracker

My father (who applied a week later than I did) received a text and email saying he has been placed in line for the interview, too.

Nice its getting better for you.
Now I think probably who ever gets the earlier interview date, should call up USCIS and enquire if both of you can attend together to make it a happy family affair.

Above is hopeful speculation, but I read somewhere here somebody did that and both got it, in spite of one having some minor issue (of course not mounting to moral triplitude, nothing illegal etc and all that...)

I'm an extremely pessimist person.

Instead of Interview Letter, I ended up receiving a yellow letter. So I'm guessing my interview hasn't been scheduled, yet.

It asked me to bring my previous passports/traveldocuments and Driver License.

There's been an update. Hmmm

"On August 4, 2014, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview"
Miss

My online case status is currently: "Testing and Interview."

I assume before your status got changed to "...was scheduled.." it was "Testing and Interview" as well?

So, before they mail me the interview letter, the status will change online right?

I also received the yellow letter, asking me to bring Id, passport and traffic docs. My online status is still
"...your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview..."

NJN400
I think Miss_chang has got only yellow letter, but then she got an email and txt as well.
I did not get any such for above yellow letter.

Can you list the circle you are in now in that online case status tool and also the text hat is in there?

Hello NJN400,

Here are the status updates :

"Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On July 30, 2014, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. "

And on August 4th, it changed to

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On August 4, 2014, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview.

The yellow letter that I received today was dated August 7th. So this makes me wonder if they updated my application status by mistake and I've only been placed in line instead of having been scheduled for an interview already.

My father received his yellow letter today. His status still reads "in line for interview".

I called USCIS earlier and they told me that my interview notice still hasn't been sent out and that's why it reads "On August 4, 2014, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview."

yeah that is starnge you got txt/email saying "...was scheduled for interview"

From what I can see on forums it is inline for interviw --> yellow letter --> BLACK HOLE :) --> Interview scheduled.

I think we shud give USCIS atleast 6 months (after 90 days of inline for interview, if no interview contact them)

BTW what did they ask in Y. letter of your father. It seems that letter is compulsory, they will sen dit even to tell you bring a "state issued id"

No way I'm gonna wait for 6 months. I'm gonna order infopass after 30 days. Apparently, this thing happened to someone else in other forum and s/he ordered infopass after 3 weeks of the receipt of such notification. They printed him an interview letter on the spot to find out that the interview was set 10 days after the date of infopass.

Miss_Chang. Yes you are right, you should contact them sooner than that since you have a '.. was scheduled for interview letter..."

Service Center: Phoenix ( Local Service Center: Sanjose)
06/18/2014 Application Filed:
06/25/2014 Recd txt with Receipt#:
06/25/2014 Check Cashed:
06/20/2014 Priority Date:
06/24/2014 I-797C notice date:
07/15/2014 Fingerprints DONE (Online notice 07/01/2014 , Notice Received: 07/10/2014. Tried for walk-in FP on 07/14 did not allow)
07/17/2014 In line for Interview Scheduling
08/11/2014 Yellow Letter
08/18/2014 Status change to "...was scheduled for interview..."
xx/xx/xxxx : Interview Letter: -- ---- ----

Service Center: Phoenix ( Local Service Center: San Jose)
06/18/2014 Application Filed
06/25/2014 Recd txt with Receipt#
06/25/2014 Check Cashed:
06/20/2014 Priority Date:
06/24/2014 I-797C notice date:
07/15/2014 Fingerprints DONE (Online notice 07/01/2014 , Notice Received: 07/10/2014. Tried for walk-in FP on 07/14 did not allow)
07/17/2014 In line for Interview Scheduling
08/11/2014 Yellow Letter
08/18/2014 Status change to "...was scheduled for interview...". --> Interview Notice Date
09/22/2014 Interview Date (Received above notice in snail mail on 08/21/2014)

Congratulations.

I haven't received anything. I did an infopass and went to SF office but they told me there was nothing in the system. I guess I'll just have to wait.

There have been a couple updates. After nearly 7 weeks, last week, my status changed to "we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought.".

Then yesterday, to my utter surprise, I received a notice that reads "the applicant is requested to appear for initial interview". It seems like I've been scheduled to for the fourth week of October.

Just came back from Interview. DO said approved, handed me a package to apply for paassport etc and said and will get a oath letter in mail!

Called me for interview
1) Raise hand to tell truth

2) Went through application asking everything

3) Had DUI, and had already submitted docs - Said mistakes happen and said appreciate being truthful and sending the docs already.
Asked me appropriate fees/penalties here and any probabtion.
>I did not remember. So told me to approximate, I said may be 1000$. Checked now it was 330$.
>Also asked me about any probabtion - I did not remember, said 90 days.
I did not see any probation details in my docs. Except I remmeber I did not drive for 90 days (suspension) and diversion had to complete with an year, which I did.
Not sure if I even had probabtion and how to find that out or this will cause issue for oath now.

Anyone with such experience please comment.

4) Test - All passed

Said congratz, commeneted that probably I need to go to work and joked work never stops..

DO checked/ticked/made notes as he went through the application.