• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

My case is still not requested from the KCC.
I have tried walking in with no luck. The security told me that I needed an infopass. I tried to explain the urgency of my situation as best as I can. He was not symphatic at all. Talking to him was like talking to a wall. He insisted that I wouldn't talk to anybody without an appointment.

Without my KCC my case sure will be delayed and it is all because of incomptenet Philly FO staff and their brick wall security guards who don't try to understand what is going on.
Quite. Very sorry to hear about your experience! Unfortunately, we have had continuous experience with USCIS over the years, intending to adjust our visa status here in the US, and always, always encountered problems and delays. In some of the cases it went so far that we decided to abandon our USCIS case after many months, left the country and restarted the process through CP. The latter then went very smoothly and flawlessly. I am talking about very simple adjustment of status/ temporary visa applications in this case. When it comes to Immigration processes, USCIS is set up to deal over years and even several decades and in many AOS cases just don't seem to have their respective processes adjusted, in order to effectively deal with DV cases in months, weeks or even days, as is necessary for this program. I know this is not much of a consolation for you guys at this stage, just wanted to share our personal family experience. Continued persistency and best of luck to y'all!

I have been following recent posts on a constant basis and every time I read about the problems you guys are coming across, my heart starts beating faster as if it were my own case. Although I am unable to come up with specific solutions, I wanna say the following:

AOS process is not easy apparently, so whoever is having hard time with USCIS and having sleepless night like I did, DON'T GIVE UP, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP, DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER AND VERY VERY SOON YOU GUYS WILL BREATHE WITH RELIEF! ALSO FIND SOURCES OF RELAXATION THAT WORK FOR YOU.

It is nearly 5 weeks after interview and my case is still pending. Tried Infopass twice (was told to wait), 1800 expedite request (got automatic junky response mail from FO only) and Congrassman. None of them really functioned. I have to stay positive and fight until last min!:)

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply friend
Am in Africa Cameroon precisely and my Case Number 2014AF00023XXX AM REALLY STUCK.
So You are doing Consular Processing (CP) and You are on wrong ( by subject) forum. We all here doing Adjust of status (AOS) - being in USA already. But maybe somebody can help You.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys!!!
Thanks to all that post. I do have a question n hope all the gurus out there can help me.
I just received a phone call from my FO ( I hope oven pecks is still out there) telling me my interview is on Friday. Unfortunately I don't have an interview letter n when I asked the officer if it would be a problem they stated I shd just show up my details will be left outside. Now my question is
What do I have to take to my interview since I clearly have no interview letter n my bio is to be done on that same day. Will this also affect the decision being provided that day? Gurus your feedback is highly anticipated. Became current Aug 1. Region AF

Hey guys!!!
Thanks to all that post. I do have a question n hope all the gurus out there can help me.
I just received a phone call from my FO ( I hope oven pecks is still out there) telling me my interview is on Friday. Unfortunately I don't have an interview letter n when I asked the officer if it would be a problem they stated I shd just show up my details will be left outside. Now my question is
What do I have to take to my interview since I clearly have no interview letter n my bio is to be done on that same day. Will this also affect the decision being provided that day? Gurus your feedback is highly anticipated. Became current Aug 1. Region AF

The interview letter is unimportant, and if they are doing your bio thAt day then that is great. They may need to wait a few days for background check, and it is worth checking if they requested your file for KCC. Good luck!

Hey guys!!!

Like Simon responded, not having the IL is not a big deal. You will obviously need to show up with the original copies of all the documents you sent in with your application package. Go through the AOS spreadsheet and take a look at the "Interview Tips" tab. Also go through past postings of other people's interview experience on this thread to find out what they were asked for.

Thank you Mammad! I actually personally applied for FBI criminal record in July and I received the mail from FBI after 1 month. It says I am clean. I wonder why it could take longer for FBI sending result to USCIS (I had Biometrics done in May). It doesn't make any sense. I think background check may not just based on FBI source. It could be from other agencies as well.

Thank you Mammad! I actually personally applied for FBI criminal record in July and I received the mail from FBI after 1 month. It says I am clean. I wonder why it could take longer for FBI sending result to USCIS (I had Biometrics done in May). It doesn't make any sense. I think background check may not just based on FBI source. It could be from other agencies as well.
Never knew it would be possible to conduct a personal background check with the FBI, should try this out some time and see what they have to say... :)

I was just on the phone with USCIS. Just as future reference USCIS cannot place an expedite request on the background check. I asked them to place the request anyway.
I also found this link( http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/contact-uscis-fbi-to-check-case-status.php) which gives useful information about how to contact USCIS or FBI for different reasons. It could be specifically useful to you @jj777 .
mh sister just called the FBI but the officer on the phone said that she would have to ask about it from USCIS because the mailing address for the result was USCIS. so it seems that calling FBI to check whether the background check is complet is not possible because the bio letter has USCIS as the result recipient.

Today I received call from some officer in our FO that They got our expedite processing request which (as we said when we were placing it) stipulate about request KCC file and finish our case before September 30th. He said They already requested it Monday after we left (we were there do walk in) and He personally knows our IO and when They will receive the KCC file He will personally deliver it to our IO also after KCC file been requested visas are reserved for us and no worries we will get our decision by Semptember 30th. So I think is good :).

Today I received call from some officer in our FO that They got our expedite processing request which (as we said when we were placing it) stipulate about request KCC file and finish our case before September 30th. He said They already requested it Monday after we left (we were there do walk in) and He personally knows our IO and when They will receive the KCC file He will personally deliver it to our IO also after KCC file been requested visas are reserved for us and no worries we will get our decision by Semptember 30th. So I think is good :).

That is very good!

Nice. Too bad I will end up in the same situation as you are. They still haven't requested my KCC file. Let the mouse cat chase begin :)

Hey guys,

I am worried my CN is 00011xxxx and according to the september cut off i think there is no 2nd NL does that mean that some random selectess never get the letters???
what happens next??

Please assist.

Hey, i always thought they reply everyone who was selected to be given the chance to go for an interview,,i guess i was wrong

hey Britsimon,
My case number is 2014AF0011XXXX

Looks like your number is higher than this year's AF cutoff of 81100. That means that you, unfortunately, can not submit your AOS/CP documents etc.

Have a question after viewing above posts.
What's KCC file??
I have called KCC and they said they sent our paperwork to USCIS already.
that means my FO got my KCC file??
Thank you for any answering.