OCI - Atlanta Tracker

Hi, I am also in the same boat like you. I applied in March with BLS. My status on passport.gov.in says it submitted back to Atlanta. Still waiting and I couldn't track anything at CKGS. Whenever I email, all they say is we are in the process of updating. No idea when they will finish. But this really sucks.

Guys, finally I am here with my OCI and US passport in Hand. I am really fuming at Indian consulate for sitting with my OCI for almost a month without giving it back to BLS or CKGS. I won't blame either BLS or CKGS as they are not at all prepared or have no experienced staff.

Once your status at http://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury says received at Atlanta, I would suggest you guys to go to Indian Consulate at Atlanta and pick up your OCI, Renunciation and US passport.

I just did the same and I saw few other folks came all the way from Carolina's, Florida and had no issue and got their OCI.

So, instead of waiting for CKGS to respond, I would prefer to catch a bus or cheap flight if possible and get down at Consulate and get all of them in hand. I think this is good in other ways, as you can verify all your information in US Passport and OCI right in front of consulate folks and get it corrected in case if something is still wrong.

This crappy journey ended............... finally.

Guys, finally I am here with my OCI and US passport in Hand. I am really fuming at Indian consulate for sitting with my OCI for almost a month without giving it back to BLS or CKGS. I won't blame either BLS or CKGS as they are not at all prepared or have no experienced staff.

Once your status at http://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury says received at Atlanta, I would suggest you guys to go to Indian Consulate at Atlanta and pick up your OCI, Renunciation and US passport.

I just did the same and I saw few other folks came all the way from Carolina's, Florida and had no issue and got their OCI.

So, instead of waiting for CKGS to respond, I would prefer to catch a bus or cheap flight if possible and get down at Consulate and get all of them in hand. I think this is good in other ways, as you can verify all your information in US Passport and OCI right in front of consulate folks and get it corrected in case if something is still wrong.

This crappy journey ended............... finally.

I am in the same boat. OCI for my daughter received at Atlanta for the last week. CKGS has no idea about the passport or application.
What is the procedure to go to Atlanta?
What is the window period or time we have to be at the consulate. Do we have to have prior appointment
Thanks for the reply

If your status says that it is received at Atlanta. The I would suggest you to do the following:

1. From the website, print the status that clearly shows the name of the person, OCI #, PP# and status on a paper and take it with you.
2. Take your daughter's original passport, if she is 12 and older, I would suggest to take her. If she is less than 10, I guess you should be fine.

If you reside close to Atlanta or Georgia, I would suggest to catch a bus(if available) in the night or drive if you can. Since I stay in Florida, flights were costly, so took a bus ride. It dropped in closed to the metro station where I can take a Metro station to Consulate. The stop name is Medical Center from Civic center where my bus dropped me. From Medical center it is walk able and takes only 20 min.

The Consulate door opens at 10:00 AM. If you are there by 9:45, it should be more than enough and it is ok to arrive by 10:30 too. No problem with that as very few people come. As soon as you enter she will ask you to sign and purpose of visit. Write your name and write "Collect OCI" in the purpose.

Then a lady will come and call by your daughter's name. Give her the Original Passport and the status print out. In less than 45 min. she will be back with your OCI and PP. You can then come out and scream so loud and be happy that you received the damn thing finally.

If your status says that it is received at Atlanta. The I would suggest you to do the following:

1. From the website, print the status that clearly shows the name of the person, OCI #, PP# and status on a paper and take it with you.
2. Take your daughter's original passport, if she is 12 and older, I would suggest to take her. If she is less than 10, I guess you should be fine.

If you reside close to Atlanta or Georgia, I would suggest to catch a bus(if available) in the night or drive if you can. Since I stay in Florida, flights were costly, so took a bus ride. It dropped in closed to the metro station where I can take a Metro station to Consulate. The stop name is Medical Center from Civic center where my bus dropped me. From Medical center it is walk able and takes only 20 min.

The Consulate door opens at 10:00 AM. If you are there by 9:45, it should be more than enough and it is ok to arrive by 10:30 too. No problem with that as very few people come. As soon as you enter she will ask you to sign and purpose of visit. Write your name and write "Collect OCI" in the purpose.

Then a lady will come and call by your daughter's name. Give her the Original Passport and the status print out. In less than 45 min. she will be back with your OCI and PP. You can then come out and scream so loud and be happy that you received the damn thing finally.

Thank you for the reply.
Yes I am from Florida, Orlando too. I was thinking of driving. Is there any parking near or at the embassy?
My daughter is 5, and I am the only person to go.
Now I can take a print out of the status from the OCI MEA website, but it only gives the name, the OCI #, file acknowledgement #, but no PP # on the status. I guess it would be alright
I will also take the Birth certificate in all probability, with a letter from my wife saying she approves of the OCI. I guess these documents would in all be fine.
thanks.

Thank you for the reply.
Yes I am from Florida, Orlando too. I was thinking of driving. Is there any parking near or at the embassy?
My daughter is 5, and I am the only person to go.
Now I can take a print out of the status from the OCI MEA website, but it only gives the name, the OCI #, file acknowledgement #, but no PP # on the status. I guess it would be alright
I will also take the Birth certificate in all probability, with a letter from my wife saying she approves of the OCI. I guess these documents would in all be fine.
thanks.

Good luck if you are driving. The traffic on all Atlanta freeways are bumper to bumper. There is ample parking at the embassy and if you can't find any, just two block down there is a strip mall and I guess you should be fine parking there and walk upto the embassy.

Yes, you are correct, there is no PP# on the status. Just take the print out of what it is showing, along with the Kids PP original and yes keep the birth certificate and no objection letter from your wife. I hope they won't ask, but in case if they(who knows), you can show them.

I drove to Atlanta, and got my daughter's OCI in hand. Thanks Mogalgiddi for all the information.
The embassy at Atlanta is located in a nice place. The counter opens at 10.00 am. The girls at the embassy are nice. After writing the names and purpose, where i wrote 'OCI pick up", they ask you to wait. After 3 hrs of waiting finally they gave me the OCI. Then I left the embassy

I had also applied my OCI with CKGS and there was no advance on the status. Thus I decided to go to the CKGS office after the embassy since it is nearby. Need to have a prior appointment from their website, though the security never asked me for it
The CKGS office at Atlanta is a nice one. Better than BLS. There are 6 windows out of which only 2 were being represented. There is a security guard who will ask you to deposit your cell phone and give you a counter ticket and no. When your number comes you can talk to the ladies.
I had applied last month May 22. I got a tracking no but no updates.
It seems my OCI was put on some desk and forgotten, they could not locate it. The manager assured me that it will be found and forwarded to the embassy.
By 6.oo pm yesterday they forwarded it to the embassy.
Small hindrance but it was an OK experience at CKGS.

Lets hope my OCI comes fast.

My OCI (family of 4) was at Atlanta on Jun 03. After waiting couple of days, I sent an email to CKGS and CGI Atlanta. Obviously, I did not get any help from CKGS but a gentleman named "Ashok Kumar" from CGI called me (later emailed the same info) and told that they have my OCI cards, and mentioned that either I can go personally to pick them up or I can send an prepaid envelop. Since I live in Tallahassee, FL and am not in a rush I sent a prepaid envelope (USPS priority mail) in a USPS priority mail (including a cover letter, status info and the copy of the email) on 6/11. They received my mail on 6/13. They sent me an acknowledge email and mailed it back on 6/17. Just few minutes ago I have received my mail(with 4 OCI cards, 4 US passports and 2 cancelled Indian passports(me and my wife)).
HTH

My Experience - I submitted my application at CKGS Atlanta office. I went to Consulate general of India office to collect my OCI. They asked me if I received mail from them and I didn't receive any mail. I did receive mail from CKGS requesting me to drop/mail the passport. They asked me to go back to CKGS office and told me that they will be handling it. The girl at CGI is nice, but she pretended not to acknowledge the process.

I went to CKGS office and they told me that for the people who applied to BLS, they can approach CGI directly. CKGS rep also told me that in some instances, they don't have complete information from BLS and they are relying on CGI to perform the validation.

CKGS rep told me that it will be week to get my passport back at their office to collect.

Request for Match-up08/21/2014
Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing.06/25/2014
Your application is in process. Your tracking id is 06/24/2014
Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification.06/24/2014