• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Village Market is the names for an upmarket mall commonly visited by expatriates near the NAIROBI EMBASSY/UNEP HQ where most DV selectees go for their passports(one of the accredited photo studio).My estimation was for an Individual with a very caring Host/Sponsor/relative and who is willing to foot most of the initial costs.In August the Airline were charging $1590, in October the charges went down to $ 852 ( New york)depend with the season.The bottom line is "This a poor man's budget working at the edge...There are many others MISCL.. coast like TAXI,FOOD,CLOTHING......
Am not a financial expert neither have I ever gone through the process.Kindly contribute to this and lets have an acceptable stand

Like @Britsimon already responded, $1000 'pocket money' will get a new immigrant absolutely no where, poor man's budget or not, and regardless of having "a very caring Host/Sponsor/relative and who is willing to foot most of the initial costs"

Any DV based new immigrant coming to the US with that amount in their pocket with the mind that they have a host willing to bear most of their cost is being delusional IMO. That is the amount of money you take if you're going to the US on a vacation, not when you plan on resettling there. Regardless of having a generous host or not, you're paying bills as soon as you land and you will quickly realize that $1000 is absolutely nothing!

Where does one start once you arrive apart from waiting for G.C?what tpe of jobs can one find ,for both men and women while studying?

Where does one start once you arrive apart from waiting for G.C?what tpe of jobs can one find ,for both men and women while studying?
Most people go for SSN first. once you have it, you can use it with your visa stamped passport to secure a job as you wait for the GC.

May I know when you submitted your DV 260? Seems mine is late because am DV 2015....2***
Do something with your name. In this forum, you need to find a unique identity that doesnt expose your real identity. Be careful

May I kindly ask for a way to change it. Have tried but am not able

Normally users cannot do this on forums because could cause havoc by certain people.
You hardly have any posts, I suggest you ask the mods to delete your old account and create a new one with an alias.

Hello I salute you!Am john Kenyan citizen who was selected for diversity visa in the fiscal year 2015 my case number is 2015af00078***,can somebody predict my interview appointment month?Thanks

Hello I salute you!Am john Kenyan citizen who was selected for diversity visa in the fiscal year 2015 my case number is 2015af00078***,can somebody predict my interview appointment month?Thanks

Welcome man. your interview will be next year Aug/Sept

@Hezron,

I've gone ahead and deleted your account and previous posts as requested. You can go ahead and create a new profile.

p.s.

If you're experiencing difficulties creating a new account, it may be because the system isn't allowing your previously used email address, so you may need to create a new email account (or use a different one if you already have) to set up your forum profile.

Last edited:
Welcome man. your interview will be next year Aug/Sept

Mundu wa nyumba,Interview will be in September 2015 not too far.

Last edited:
I have taken back seat. July/august 2015 still far. sometimes you do know what will happen, seek God first and everything will follow. be bless forummates.

@Hezron,

I've gone ahead and deleted your account and previous posts as requested. You can go ahead and create a new profile.

p.s.

If you're experiencing difficulties creating a new account, it may be because the system isn't allowing your previously used email address, so you may need to create a new email account (or use a different one if you already have) to set up your forum profile.
Thanks Mom.