• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Thanks ,my state will be Baltimore ,a city called Rosadale.any words on that?and again,are there jobs that i and wife can apply for immdiately or is it a must we get some training?I understand something like nursing goes for abt 3 years? What abt security jobs?

Thanks ,my state will be Baltimore ,a city called Rosadale.any words on that?and again,are there jobs that i and wife can apply for immdiately or is it a must we get some training?I understand something like nursing goes for abt 3 years? What abt security jobs?

Rosedale and Baltimore are both in the State of Maryland. The link below will give you some idea of cost of living there.

http://www.areavibes.com/rosedale-md/livability/

Security jobs are a good option - many people will do a part time security job as a second job.

http://www.indeed.com/q-Security-l-Rosedale,-MD-jobs.html

APOLOGIES:
I take this brave move to convey my apologies to some senior members in this forum and the entire fraternity in this house at large, though I was angry,which led to reacting in an disorderly behaviour I feel that this forum z above my anger and since the forum was and is meant for consolidation under one goal of achievement ,I would urge BRITSIMON, SM1SIMON,SUSSYQQQ and entire house whom i offended to ignore in whatever i expressed myself, thankyu all coz I know you have a heart to forgive and blessed z the heart that forgives may God bless yu all.

Thanks britsimon!
You might NEVER be rich in the USA but the Value for Your Money (DIASPORA MONEY) here in Kenya would make you rich if invested wisely in real estates.Case study....a,b,c...Kenya Economy is partly driven by the Diaspora remittance (read Kenya Central bank reports)

APOLOGIES:
I take this brave move to convey my apologies to some senior members in this forum and the entire fraternity in this house at large, though I was angry,which led to reacting in an disorderly behaviour I feel that this forum z above my anger and since the forum was and is meant for consolidation under one goal of achievement ,I would urge BRITSIMON, SM1SIMON,SUSSYQQQ and entire house whom i offended to ignore in whatever i expressed myself, thankyu all coz I know you have a heart to forgive and blessed z the heart that forgives may God bless yu all.

Thank you Rogers.com. It takes character to apologize - so thank you and welcome back.

Hi Prince John, welcome to Baltimore, Maryland. I live in the outskirts, a city called Glen Burnie, but have friends in Rosedale. There is a very big Kenyan community in Baltimore as you will come to learn. A lot of jobs to choose from so you shouldnt have an issue getting one. Are you coming by yourself first and then family follows? Am sure your host will guide you but we are glad to have you as an addition to our Baltimore family. Karibu Karibu Karibu

Last edited:
Hi Prince John, welcome to Baltimore. I live on the outskirts but have friends in Rosedale. There is a very big Kenyan community in Baltimore as you will come to learn. A lot of jobs to choose from so you shouldnt have an issue getting one. Karibu Karibu Karibu

Awesome!

APOLOGIES:
As I had said ...don't quit..You add value to us.Remember not all DV winners are computer literate or have passion or the drive to make posts.You were about to denie me my Rights to Information(from you) remember even the senior members in this forum would at times capture valuable points especially those which pertains to culture,local Embassy and Government day to day operations.I have on several occasion differed with them but I have always come out more enlightened.They at times become aggressive in attacking and will do while soothing you.Welcome Sir

APOLOGIES:

Apologies accepted and thank you for apologizing. We may differ in our expressed opinions, we're certainly not into character assassination.

lol............ well thanks for the invite, although the OKC party is meant for you DV2015 set. But the truth is I don't even think it's something you guys will be able to do anytime soon. As new immigrants, most of you have no idea what you'll be getting into upon arrival. I mean, where are the original initiators who came up with the party idea? :rolleyes:
COME ON,
INVITES shall be done here on the Forum Just be patient. But come to think of it am not really happy that the Nairobbas, Olelenku , Family n others have simply went into hiding ...it's just not FAIR AT ALL. But what i also reliably know is that they communicate vigorously on the FAcebook.

Hi Prince John, welcome to Baltimore, Maryland. I live in the outskirts, a city called Glen Burnie, but have friends in Rosedale. There is a very big Kenyan community in Baltimore as you will come to learn. A lot of jobs to choose from so you shouldnt have an issue getting one. Are you coming by yourself first and then family follows? Am sure your host will guide you but we are glad to have you as an addition to our Baltimore family. Karibu Karibu Karibu

Ooh wonderful Ben,thank you!I am coming along with my family,wife and my 2 year old son.I got a good host id say,my uncle who happens to be like a father to me.but out of curiousity and anxiety,what kind of jobs are easily available?for example,is it possible to get a casual job thats paying well without necesarily going for training,or is it a must you gather some experience?I hear nursing pays well,how long does training take in this field?

My Case is hard for me, feeling frustrated pls help. I went for interview on 23 July and i ws given a green letter and told wait 4 1month. I wrote a message 2 Embassy and thy replied: ''
Thank you for your email.
Upon review of our records, your Diversity Visa
application is undergoing administrative
processing in order to verify your qualifications
for the visa. Administrative processing often
lasts about 90 days, but in some instances, it
can take significantly longer.
We realize that these extended time periods
cause frustration to many individuals.
Nonetheless, the Consular in Nairobi, like all
U.S. embassies and consulates, must adjudicate
visas in accordance with the provisions of the
law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive
administrative processing. While we cannot
predict when the processing of your case will be
completed, please be assured that the Consular
and the Department of State are aware of your
concerns and will do all we can to see that the
visa is adjudicated as soon as the processing of
your application has been completed.
Sincerely,
Customer Representative 8
Immigrant Visa Unit
Consular Section

There is nothing you can do once your case is on AP.The good news is that you are 90% guaranteed since you secured the green letter.Prayers,patience and discussions on this site has proved to relieve pressure and frustration.Count on me,I am praying for you Bwana Kepha.Amen

My Case is hard for me, feeling frustrated pls help. I went for interview on 23 July and i ws given a green letter and told wait 4 1month. I wrote a message 2 Embassy and thy replied: ''
Thank you for your email.
Upon review of our records, your Diversity Visa
application is undergoing administrative
processing in order to verify your qualifications
for the visa. Administrative processing often
lasts about 90 days, but in some instances, it
can take significantly longer.
We realize that these extended time periods
cause frustration to many individuals.
Nonetheless, the Consular in Nairobi, like all
U.S. embassies and consulates, must adjudicate
visas in accordance with the provisions of the
law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive
administrative processing. While we cannot
predict when the processing of your case will be
completed, please be assured that the Consular
and the Department of State are aware of your
concerns and will do all we can to see that the
visa is adjudicated as soon as the processing of
your application has been completed.
Sincerely,
Customer Representative 8
Immigrant Visa Unit
Consular Section
Equally,what prince John went through is a living example of a real brave soldier.We need to encourage one another.