• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

my sister called USCIS today and tried to go through simon's checklist. (she checked with KCC already that the DV file was sent on aug 4).

1. she was told that her AOS package has not been requested by the Chicago FO yet. since we are going to Chicago again this coming monday, will she be able to do walk-in info pass? she tried to make an info pass and the earliest she got was on sept 3.

2. she also asked USCIS whether her background check had been complete, but was told that she could only get that info from an info pass appointment only. is it true? is there any other way to find out about the background check?

thanks!!!

It looks to me like you and your sister are not going about things correctly, hence the run around response she's getting.

1. FOs do not request for AOS packages. Never! AOS package is sent by the National Benefits Center to applicable FOs once they receive the packages from the Chicago Lockbox.

2. This information can only be provided by a L2 officer, the front line reps do not have this information and I'm not sure your sister spoke with a L2/Immigration Officer when she called USCIS.

She can try for the walk-in infopass, there's no guarantee as to if she will be allowed in or not, but in the meantime I suggest she still book the Sept. 3rd infopass appointment, if she hasn't done so already. There's no telling when that could come in handy

Reactions: CWH
my sister called USCIS today and tried to go through simon's checklist. (she checked with KCC already that the DV file was sent on aug 4).

1. she was told that her AOS package has not been requested by the Chicago FO yet. since we are going to Chicago again this coming monday, will she be able to do walk-in info pass? she tried to make an info pass and the earliest she got was on sept 3.

2. she also asked USCIS whether her background check had been complete, but was told that she could only get that info from an info pass appointment only. is it true? is there any other way to find out about the background check?

thanks!!!

Ok - everyone still doing AoS in DV2014 needs to book infopasses now. Book the earliest and then have another booked for a couple of weeks later.

Re 1 - You can try walking in. I'm a bit confused what hasn't been requested - the KCC file was sent - right?
Re 2. Yeah when I did the infopass the lady told me about the background check. A level 2 officer at USCIS might be able to see that, I'm not sure.

It looks to me like you and your sister are not going about things correctly, hence the run around response she's getting.

1. FOs do not request for AOS packages. Never! AOS package is sent by the National Benefits Center to applicable FOs once they receive the packages from the Chicago Lockbox.

2. This information can only be provided by a L2 officer, the front line reps do not have this information and I'm not sure your sister spoke with a L2/Immigration Officer when she called USCIS.

She can try for the walk-in infopass, there's no guarantee as to if she will be allowed in or not, but in the meantime I suggest she still book the Sept. 3rd infopass appointment, if she hasn't done so already. There's no telling when that could come in handy

I am still waiting for my Interview L I am a little bit confused. I was told that my entire case (AOS package) was sent from Nebraska to my field office.
Can someone please explain me what is this another file that should be requested from KCC? Thank you!

oh, i was really confused then! if the FO does not request AOS package, does it mean tha NBC will send the package to the FO in due time? who should my sister call to ask whether her FO received her AOS package? USCIS? or her FO?

by the way, is USCIS the same as the FO?

here is what she plans to do on monday:

1. try to get a walk-in infopass at her Chicago FO.
2. if walk-in infopass is not successful, she will have to call USCIS and ask for Level 2 officer to ask the following:
a) background check is complete?
b) whether the FO has the AOS package?
3. call KCC again to make sure that the info she had earlier that the DV file was sent to FO on aug 4.

definitely, she will keep the infopass on sept 3 just in case she hasnt got the interview letter.

thank you mom for you advice on her plan!

Ok - everyone still doing AoS in DV2014 needs to book infopasses now. Book the earliest and then have another booked for a couple of weeks later.

Re 1 - You can try walking in. I'm a bit confused what hasn't been requested - the KCC file was sent - right?
Re 2. Yeah when I did the infopass the lady told me about the background check. A level 2 officer at USCIS might be able to see that, I'm not sure.

simon, she called KCC earlier and was told that the DV file was sent on aug 4, and sent without FO's request!!! is that the way is it supposed to be?

I am still waiting for my Interview L I am a little bit confused. I was told that my entire case (AOS package) was sent from Nebraska to my field office.
Can someone please explain me what is this another file that should be requested from KCC? Thank you!

The case file that needs to be sent to your FO is the eDV case file from KCC - the file contains your eDV application, DSP-122, copy of DV payment receipt, and any othe correspondence you've exchanged with KCC.

oh, i was really confused then! if the FO does not request AOS package, does it mean tha NBC will send the package to the FO in due time? who should my sister call to ask whether her FO received her AOS package? USCIS? or her FO?

by the way, is USCIS the same as the FO?

here is what she plans to do on monday:

1. try to get a walk-in infopass at her Chicago FO.
2. if walk-in infopass is not successful, she will have to call USCIS and ask for Level 2 officer to ask the following:
a) background check is complete?
b) whether the FO has the AOS package?
3. call KCC again to make sure that the info she had earlier that the DV file was sent to FO on aug 4.

definitely, she will keep the infopass on sept 3 just in case she hasnt got the interview letter.

thank you mom for you advice on her plan!

She doesn't need to call or talk to anyone to find out if her AOS package has been received by her FO. It's a forgone conclusion that the file has been sent to the FO. All she wants to know now is if her background check has cleared and when she's likely to be interviewed. The best place to get this information is from the FO itself if she's able to do a walk in or wait till Sept for an available infopass appointment.

There's no point calling KCC over and over again, if they say her case file has been sent to her FO, then that chapter is closed. That information is also another confirmation that her FO has her AOS package with them since they wouldn't have contacted KCC to request her eDV file if they hadn't received the AOS package to start with.

simon, she called KCC earlier and was told that the DV file was sent on aug 4, and sent without FO's request!!! is that the way is it supposed to be?

I doubt it was sent without the FO requesting for it, it doesn't happen that way.

She doesn't need to call or talk to anyone to find out if her AOS package has been received by her FO. It's a forgone conclusion that the file has been sent to the FO. All she wants to know now is if her background check has cleared and when she's likely to be interviewed. The best place to get this information is from the FO itself if she's able to do a walk in or wait till Sept for an available infopass appointment.

There's no point calling KCC over and over again, if they say her case file has been sent to her FO, then that chapter is closed. That information is also another confirmation that her FO has her AOS package with them since they wouldn't have contacted KCC to request her eDV file if they hadn't received the AOS package to start with.

i got it! thanks mom :) so now, my sister's DV file and AOS package are with the FO. she will need to find out with USCIS's L2 Immigration officer whether her background check has been completed.

1. hopefully she will be able to make a walk-in infopass this coming monday. can she request for expedite process for an interview letter?

2. is there a limit as to how many times one can make infopass?

Btw we do walk in Monday but if They will not let us speak with some officer or supervisor and clear things up, I just booked infopass and the soonest date was September 5th.

i got it! thanks mom :) so now, my sister's DV file and AOS package are with the FO. she will need to find out with USCIS's L2 Immigration officer whether her background check has been completed.

1. hopefully she will be able to make a walk-in infopass this coming monday. can she request for expedite process for an interview letter?

2. is there a limit as to how many times one can make infopass?

If she's calling USCIS, she can politely request to speak with a L2/immigration officer after going through the motion of speaking with the front line rep who answers the call. She can also request an expedite process when she makes the call.

There's no limit to how many infopass appointments one can make, you just don't want to be showing up there like every other day though.

On the other hand can I Monday in person request expedite process? Does my reason will be because we are DV CASE and our time is running out?

On the other hand can I Monday in person request expedite process? Does my reason will be because we are DV CASE and our time is running out?

I would politely but firmly ask to speak t a supervisor. On Monday, it will be over two weeks since you had your interview. The original IO made the first mistake and now the FO has further delayed processing by not requesting the file from KCC. I think you are perfectly justified in asking a supervisor to intervene and commit to requesting the KCC file without any further delay. You should also point out that visas are becoming in short supply and it is very unfair to risk your visa because of their mishandling of the case.

I would politely but firmly ask to speak t a supervisor. On Monday, it will be over two weeks since you had your interview. The original IO made the first mistake and now the FO has further delayed processing by not requesting the file from KCC. I think you are perfectly justified in asking a supervisor to intervene and commit to requesting the KCC file without any further delay. You should also point out that visas are becoming in short supply and it is very unfair to risk your visa because of their mishandling of the case.
Thank You. I will do that and write an update here when I will be back.

Hey guys,

I am worried my CN is 00011xxxx and according to the september cut off i think there is no 2nd NL does that mean that some random selectess never get the letters???
what happens next??

Please assist.

Hey, i always thought they reply everyone who was selected to be given the chance to go for an interview,,i guess i was wrong

Hey guys,

I am worried my CN is 00011xxxx and according to the september cut off i think there is no 2nd NL does that mean that some random selectess never get the letters???
what happens next??

Please assist.

Are you doing AOS or CP?? I'm presuming CP so you're in the wrong thread. What region are you and when did you submit your DS230?

Also have you actually checked the website rather than waiting for an email?

Hey guys,

what happens next??

Please assist.

Please clarify your CN. You seem to be saying it is over 110000 (which is only possible in AF region) and in that case there is no further opportunity to process your case, the AF cutoff was 81100.