Immigration Interview

sankaii

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone.

My wife moved to US in 2008 via visitor visa. We met in 2009 in high school. We are together since then. We married in July 2012 without any wedding or parties or whatever since I was still in college and we cannot afford to be in deeper debt. I graduated college in May 2013 and we filed the paper work in August 2013 since we can afford the income and fees. I got an offer from UTSA (Texas) for TAship and study there, my wife has a job offer as "teacher" in Denver (our home state. She's studying to be a Elementary teacher btw). So we decided that she'll stay in Denver to work there and I'll be in Texas to do my master. We have an interview in 2 weeks. Do you think that the fact that we live apart makes the us suspicious? Thank you everyone.

Yes of course it can look suspicious. In the normal scenario, married people live together. Of course there are legitimate reasons why sometimes this cannot be so, like in your case. So yes it can look suspicious so make sure to have your reason clearly laid out and possess a lot of other evidence (insurance, bank statements, etc etc) which will overcome this suspicion.